Can HFW play MGO?

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
Sfiryus94
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Can HFW play MGO?

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi, Is posible with HFW (no CFW) install and play MGO? without disc reader too?

My PS3 is a Slim 3xxx 4.85 OFW
User avatar
Gamer12m
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:12 am

Re: Can HFW play MGO?

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:40 pm

Sfiryus94 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:49 pm
Hi, Is posible with HFW (no CFW) install and play MGO? without disc reader too?

My PS3 is a Slim 3xxx 4.85 OFW
There's a thread posted with details on how to play the game again and setup your PS3

viewtopic.php?f=22&p=4423#p4423

And you have to have the original Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriot game in order to play so yeah you would need the disc player
- Gamer12m
Sfiryus94
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Can HFW play MGO?

Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm

But can I install MGO2 and play without disk, installing the packages (from the savemgo CFW guide) for the HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.85.1 ?
User avatar
Gamer12m
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:12 am

Re: Can HFW play MGO?

Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Sfiryus94 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm
But can I install MGO2 and play without disk, installing the packages (from the savemgo CFW guide) for the HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.85.1 ?
I don't believe so, unless that's something Derrik ∞ GHz has been working on that I have no knowledge of. As far as I know you have to have the original disc because you need the disc to launch into MGO to play. At least that's how I do it. I would think if that was an option he would post it up for everyone to see. I found my entire setup to play MGO2 again at a flea market down the road, gamestop didn't sell the disc anymore, and wanted way to much for a PS3. I lucked out and got the system and game for $40. but yeah that would be a cool option not to need the disc to play.

EDIT: Click to connect to the Discord and ask the community there. More people are more active there then they are on here. But again I don't think its possible.
- Gamer12m
User avatar
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: Can HFW play MGO?

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Sfiryus94 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm
But can I install MGO2 and play without disk, installing the packages (from the savemgo CFW guide) for the HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.85.1 ?
Yes, follow the CFW guide. Superslim might have issues but you can try anyway.
User avatar
CORONACHAN
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Re: Can HFW play MGO?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:10 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:30 pm
Sfiryus94 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm
But can I install MGO2 and play without disk, installing the packages (from the savemgo CFW guide) for the HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.85.1 ?
Yes, follow the CFW guide. Superslim might have issues but you can try anyway.
Yesh Oi agree actuawwy. da supah swims has nevah bin successfuw fowr meh an genuinewy da highest success rate has cowm fwom owd 40gb an 60gb modew ps3s. Oi'm aven using won dat has da extra sd card ports an such beside da diskette drive. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :shock:
owo

Return to “MGO2 Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme