I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
(+[MaNu7]::)
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey guys, I remember I had to open some port and activate UPnP when I played MGO so many years ago. I don't have the same router than in the past, so I need to know exactly... What do I need to do to host a room? Open which port? And what else?

I appreciate your help, can't wait for creating those knife rooms! (I play OFW)
Sfiryus94
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 pm

hi :)

You have 3 options

Enable DMZ in your router. (You need IP static in PS3)
Enable UPNP in your router & PS3
Enable port 5730 in port fowarding on your router. (You need IP static in PS3)

Router: 192.168.1.1
(+[MaNu7]::)
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 am

Sfiryus94 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 pm
hi :)

You have 3 options

Enable DMZ in your router. (You need IP static in PS3)
Enable UPNP in your router & PS3
Enable port 5730 in port fowarding on your router. (You need IP static in PS3)

Router: 192.168.1.1
Ty dude, it worked for me enabling UPnP! My IP was pretty different because my router works in a private net, but I just had to call to the company to know the IP and enable UPnP.

Thank you so much, can't wait to create those only sniper games, no one created them for years xD ^^
xAngryYoshi
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 pm

I got realy pb with hosting.
I got fritzbox 6490 and with or without Setting the router i can Host but no One can join.
I try all.
I Open dmz i make static ip and i enable upnp.
I even Open port 5730 and 3658 i use DNS 8888 and 8844.
Nothing Work.
I Open a game and no One can join my game.
I realy dont know anymore what to do.
SONOMAMASHINE
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:46 pm

forward ports 6000 to 6009 UDP, just saying im noob
User avatar
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 am

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 pm

You only need to forward 5730 UDP/TCP if that's what you're using on MGO (5730 is the default). Port-forward on one IP address the port you use on MGO, and DMZ for another IP address. Try having UPnP enabled and if that doesn't work try with it disabled. Try both IP addresses, one at a time, and see if one works, just make sure you try all variations really. It's possible by enabling UPnP your router disables DMZ, or it's possible that there's a port conflict by DMZing the same ports/IP addresses as you're port-forwarding. Typically you only do one or the other, per device.

I'm astounded the new administration team cannot take the time to answer a question as simple as this.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
User avatar
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contact:
Location: Ontario
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:43 pm

president trump wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 pm
You only need to forward 5730 UDP/TCP if that's what you're using on MGO (5730 is the default). Port-forward on one IP address the port you use on MGO, and DMZ for another IP address. Try having UPnP enabled and if that doesn't work try with it disabled. Try both IP addresses, one at a time, and see if one works, just make sure you try all variations really. It's possible by enabling UPnP your router disables DMZ, or it's possible that there's a port conflict by DMZing the same ports/IP addresses as you're port-forwarding. Typically you only do one or the other, per device.

I'm astounded the new administration team cannot take the time to answer a question as simple as this.
there are plenty of threads with this same question which have bin addressed. maybe people should do research before asking these types of questions.
freezerrr
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello I have an unsolvable problem for my skills. I had characters at the beginning of mgo. And I play now with my 3rd character in my list. Can not I create a room with this one? The server error message: COFFEE01. I can create a room with my first character! Without touching my network configurations of course. I wanted to test by removing a character but this does not work for me anymore, I have another error message, impossible to remove the character OA60: COFFEE03 Would anyone have a solution please?
Thx for ur big work.
User avatar
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:21 am

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 am

freezerrr wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 pm
Hello I have an unsolvable problem for my skills. I had characters at the beginning of mgo. And I play now with my 3rd character in my list. Can not I create a room with this one? The server error message: COFFEE01. I can create a room with my first character! Without touching my network configurations of course. I wanted to test by removing a character but this does not work for me anymore, I have another error message, impossible to remove the character OA60: COFFEE03 Would anyone have a solution please?
Thx for ur big work.
This is related to your host settings somehow, not exactly sure what though.
If it happens again, let me know the date and time that it happened.

You can't delete your character until a week after it's created.
User avatar
MaximumCarnageSon
Location: California
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: I want to host a room. How to create a room?

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 am

port forward + move closer to modem

Return to “MGO2 Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme