How to start? credential

Ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
johnny_dive

How to start? credential

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Hallo,
I discovered only now that the MGO2 is back, actually for custom firmware.
Reading the guides I see that I need to ask a credential for the Server.
I need to use also a PSN account?

Actually I am waiting for a PS3 CFW. No rush.

Ah, just a question. But actually there is really an active community playing?
I never played that MGO2 because of no ADSL in 2009, I played A LOT the MGS PW Versus ( :lol: ok it was the only MGO available in 2012-14, and always It was more tactical then MGO3) and last year disappointed from MGO3, too casual, too random.
Finally play MGO2 would be a honor!
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to start? credential

Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 pm

You make an account in the launcher, when you get to that point.
You can see player counts at http://pckldg.com/mgo/
johnny_dive

Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Nice! this stats remember me MGS PW VS on certain days in 2014. 8-)
(That game was so smart: I remember that this game was not using servers. I suppose that each Ps3 + game was a little one. I don't have PS3 now, but I think there is out there someone in JP hosting a match!)

Ok, I wait the modded PS3 and then follow one of tutorial for 1.34.

This is also an excuse to play again MGS4 and forget MGSV :arrow:
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
johnny_dive

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:16 pm

Finally, I have again a PS3, with OFW 3.55
There is a particular well-working CFW for MGO2R?
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm

johnny_dive wrote:Finally, I have again a PS3, with OFW 3.55
There is a particular well-working CFW for MGO2R?
Rebug 4.80.
johnny_dive

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks.
I think I will follow this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=291&p=1896&hilit=c ... oads#p1896
or this detailed viewtopic.php?f=11&t=275&p=1565&hilit=25+edition#p1565
(I have a 25 edition MGS4)

I have troubles about the PSN: there is the risk that Sony lock remotely the console, or the only risk is that I get banned my PSN Id? (I am not really interested to this)

:arrow: update:
I installed the 4.80 CFW REX, the MGO2 launcher from there viewtopic.php?t=3
and now installing the 1.34 storm patch.
jokinnen

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello everyone, is there any spanish that can inform me how and where to modify play 3 to play mgo2? Thanks.-
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:56 am

johnny_dive wrote:Thanks.
I think I will follow this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=291&p=1896&hilit=c ... oads#p1896
or this detailed viewtopic.php?f=11&t=275&p=1565&hilit=25+edition#p1565
(I have a 25 edition MGS4)

I have troubles about the PSN: there is the risk that Sony lock remotely the console, or the only risk is that I get banned my PSN Id? (I am not really interested to this)

:arrow: update:
I installed the 4.80 CFW REX, the MGO2 launcher from there viewtopic.php?t=3
and now installing the 1.34 storm patch.
You shouldn't get banned at all if you don't use PSN. I think it's "possible", but really not likely.
jokinnen wrote:Hello everyone, is there any spanish that can inform me how and where to modify play 3 to play mgo2? Thanks.-[/quote
I don't know what you mean exactly, but unless you have a hacked PS3, you can't play MGO2 yet.
johnny_dive

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:10 am

Hallo,
yesterday I received from SONY a bill for a 12month subscription to the Playstation Store (€49,99).
But In my first attempts last days I didn't opened the store, or connected to the web...

Checking in again in my sony account (unused from monts) I see now a "PS3 system activated recently",
and the "add found to pay subscription: YES" and "ask password: NO" :shock:

Today it's also the period when I bought the PS4 last year...
I am not sure if I payed because I activated my PS3 in background (during the "verify connection"), and Sony try an automatic deal,
or just because my one-year PSN subscription is off and autorenew was active.
That's so strange, what's sure is that the Sony UI is not good.

:arrow: Just a question: in order to play MGOR I need the PSN subscription, or not because is a custom server?

Thx
XxAsunaxX

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 am

johnny_dive wrote:Hallo,
yesterday I received from SONY a bill for a 12month subscription to the Playstation Store (€49,99).
But In my first attempts last days I didn't opened the store, or connected to the web...

Checking in again in my sony account (unused from monts) I see now a "PS3 system activated recently",
and the "add found to pay subscription: YES" and "ask password: NO" :shock:

Today it's also the period when I bought the PS4 last year...
I am not sure if I payed because I activated my PS3 in background (during the "verify connection"), and Sony try an automatic deal,
or just because my one-year PSN subscription is off and autorenew was active.
That's so strange, what's sure is that the Sony UI is not good.

:arrow: Just a question: in order to play MGOR I need the PSN subscription, or not because is a custom server?

Thx
No, you don't need PS+ to play MGO2, or any online game on PS3, only PS4 needs PS+ to play online games.

Return to “MGO2 Support”