When The New Update Imposing Higher Upload Speeds?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Lord Psycho

When The New Update Imposing Higher Upload Speeds?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 pm

In the name of the whole MGO2R fair players community, can we kindly ask GHZ, or Jayveer, or anyone of the admins who take care of the tech stuff, to please provide us the king of updates, consisting in getting rid of the low upload abusers?

We're in 2018, everyone is aware no one currently needs to use 96k nor 128k upload speed limit.
But almost half of the community is abusing these low speed to get the relative advantages consisting in lags, sponges, delays, bs cqc, bs hs etc.

I'm personally sick and tired of blocking tons of 96k abusers to prevent joining my rooms, since they are allowed to create unlimited accounts and characters, and delete the existing ones.
They are ruining the whole game experience for all the fair players.

So the best option would be an update consisting in an edited MGO2R Options menu providing the only following options:
UPLOAD SPEED
- 192k (suggested for low connections)
- 256k (default choice)
- 512k (suggested for hosts only)

How many of you guys agree with this idea?

Second question: I see more and more players using MGO MOD providing Scan EX effect always on in their screen. They're making it always more obvious. How can I claim their PS3 to be banned? Recording a video on which the evidence is clear is enough or should I track char name, room name, date and time or what else?
Thanks
president trump

Re: When The New Update Imposing Higher Upload Speeds?

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Ghz is the only dev so all requests need to go directly to him.

I'm not sure if "higher uploads" would have any beneficial impact to the game, however the removal of lower options would be nice.

Why would 512 be recommended "for hosts only"?

Also, can you give an example and/or footage of players using Scan EX in the manner you're suggesting? Footage would suffice if they did indeed need to be banned.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Lord Psycho

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 am

Not sure. I tried 256 and 512 as both host and normal player, and in both cases I found 512 a bit laggy, while 256 looks the most stable to me. Considering im 1GB wired fiber, I'd say MGO infrastructure is not properly optimized to manage 512 maybe...

As for the scan ex cheaters, I know a couple of them. And sadly they're not the old "maojins". Looks like some of their friends received the mod stuff...
One of them gave me even demo of what he's capable of...

...can do literally everything, including changing displayed name and choose one already taken... jump or tele everywhere, stab people anywhere in the map etc...

Well, when I notice someone plays TSNE in a too much suspicious way, detecting invisible opponents for apparently no reason, I always message my companions to better look into it, and whenever we realize is cheating, we block and kick the bs player.

Once I was 100% sure of that and waited my whole team to die. We didn't sop and no one was scanned. I was standing in a dark zone over the building in Ambush Alley, near the spawn, while my whole opponents were in the other side of the map. I typed in teamchat "look guys, I'm gonna stay here to proove you *** is cheating with scan ex mod. I'm not soped nor any of you got scanned, but he will soon find me" ... and well, within 5 seconds I've been directly hsed!
So we kicked and blocked the cheater.

This happened with a dumb player who used to make the cheat real obvious. But there are other smart mod users who use it just sometimes and without making it always obvious with consecutive episodes.
These dudes when you type "how did you know I was there?" they reply "heard you... I got expensive headsets" and all bs like this...

I'm wondering if savemgo admins are capable of checking an individual reported player's activity and detect if the data contains any track of evidence regarding having used external tools/mods.
Proving with a video registration is honestly real hard, since the cheater can always claim he shoots in random places and got lucky catching you, or he heard you crawling or shit like that. That's why I consider this a serious issue. Imagine a game mode like TSNE with cheaters like that. It makes a hell of a difference, giving you absolutely no escape.
president trump

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 am

512 is not laggy. The lack thereof however, would be why one might mistake 512 for 96 sponging.

"Scan ex cheating" sounds more like they're using scan ex despite equipping other skills. What is really going on here is far more serious and Ghz will have to investigate. Again, if there is any footage of any of this, it would be greatly appreciated. Suspicions only go so far.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”