Make MGO Alive Again

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.

Why dont you play?

I get kicked out from games
25%
Fortnite is better
4%
No Survival & Tournament
19%
I dont have time to play
6%
I want MGO alive again
46%

Total votes: 52
Solid007

Make MGO Alive Again

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am

Game is dead, but why? I dont care even if its 100 years old game as long as i like it. Still best game by far after 10 years and i think most of us agree.

Game has 16699 registered members (many alts yes), so im sure we can get the lobbys full...

What has possibly went wrong? Why people dont play it anymore? What can we do to get it alive again?

Did people quit because we kick low lvls from mix? You dont like it because there is no survival & tournament? You prefer that shit Fortnite over MGO? Are you married now?

Make MGO alive again!
+ RYU +

Re: Make MGO Alive Again

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm

J'aimerais revenir mes quand je restaure sa ne marche pas .
Solid007

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:57 pm

+ RYU + wrote:
Wtf?
president trump

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Well I mean, I'm not married now, but I'd like to be, someday. So that's reason enough for me not to play every day with the plebes.

To speculate on why everyone else quit however, I'd agree it would be some sort of combination of preference for new games, like Fortnite, life responsibilities, and a lack of time. On June 12th's anniversary stream Ghz and I touched on the fact that anybody that played MGO2 originally is, at the very least, in their 20s now, with some older players likely approaching 30s, or older. Another aspect to consider is the "domino effect" that occurs when players quit. Basically, the more players that quit, the more players that quit because "nobody else plays." So essentially we end up seeing the player count dry up.

On the other hand, there is a "lack of development" and people lose interest that way, seeing MGO2R as nothing more than proxy battles... The problem really is that Ghz is only one man, and last I heard, he's working on a new method to play, which hopefully will make it easier for new players to join. However, considering how easy it is to join already, where only one time access to a PC and a single use of a USB stick is required, I doubt there will be any observable change to the player count. Though I do consider the work he's doing with the new method necessary since overall a simplified process will be better for everyone. But it's worth recognizing the fact that this is not Survival/Tournament, new maps, new gear, or the sole reason why everyone quit.
Spoiler:
But since that's not what anybody wants to hear, lets get down to business and talk about how I would make MGO2R great again. 8-)

Firstly, we'd need to give players a reason to play. The game has been more or less the same for 8yrs, it needs new content. You can find pictures/videos of the custom shirts from early days of MGO2R. That would be the easiest way to inject life into this game. Ghz should prioritize his R&D to figuring out how to add the custom clothes in once again, and if I'm not mistaken, his new method for getting online also allows for certain edits of the PS3 file system to be made. This means what he's working on now still takes priority, as it will allow OFW players to update their files with the custom gear. But on the other hand, if the in-game updating could be figured out, that would make updating everyone way easier and I could see weekly updates being made to the gear that way...

With new gear being churned out weekly, perhaps with community designs/ideas, I'd consider our next priority to improve the in-game play for players. This would mean fixing the host passing (which if I'm not mistaken, has been broken since 1.36 came out?), locking upload speeds options to 256k/512k, possibly with exceptions made for players able to prove they need to use a lower upload, and implementing full stat tracking, animal ranks, and leaderboards, a fully working clan menu, and games.php page. Possibly some sort of GP algorithm based off of the EXP calculations, but independent. (What I added before was only the numerical EXP values jokingly referred to as "GP" on the games.php page.)

I'd dismiss the current SaveMGO administration/moderator/social media staff and reevaluate. We need active players that can adequately respond to community concerns, technical and social. Having an admin sit in the #admin Discord channel and do nothing, or just get online solely to ban someone defeats the whole purpose of Ghz tagging the new members. Additionally, the SaveMGO social media (Youtube, Twitter, streaming) needs to be managed by an active player, or players, who will upload videos to the channel, or spread the word to Metal Gear Solid social media. I'd bring Solid007 onboard, should he accept, to manage the SaveMGO Youtube channel. Even if just for mirroring interesting or promotional videos.

With a better administration team, and new gear, I'd look into a word-of-mouth campaign. The more potential players we can advertise to on Twitter, Facebook, PSN, and MGS websites, the better. Perhaps it could be incentivized, giving the player(s) that bring in the most new registrations or reach the most people the option to have exclusive gear designs, or custom designs, or their designs implemented, for a period of time.

- New method to play
- New gear - weekly
- 256/512k lock
- Stats, leaderboards, host passing
- In-game updating
- Reevaluate current administrative/moderator staff
- Word-of-mouth campaign to supplement the player count with new players

It's also possible that R&D into the injection of custom gear designs will allow us to discover how to implement additional options, rather than just replacing current options. If that were the case, I would also look into implementing an actual Reward Shop and match Reward Points so gear could be earned that way, but not too grindy. From there we would then give significant consideration into the proper addition of new maps, and Survival/Tournament.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
SONOMAMASHINE

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm

president trump i'm very desappointed in you ! was expecting more ! you didnt tackle the real subject, but i do agree on this one
president trump wrote:
I'd dismiss the current SaveMGO administration/moderator/social media staff and reevaluate.
but not this
president trump wrote:
I'd bring Solid007 onboard
MGO has toxic sick bunch of people that didnt grew up at all
Solid007 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:57 pm
+ RYU + wrote:
Wtf?
my point right there ! you could just google translate that
Aerith

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 am

Lol Nino, Ryu said that he wanna join but he can't restore his ps3 in french, btw im gonna answer him
Ryu essaie de changer de clé USB, ça ne marchait pas pour moi aussi, j'ai essayer une autre clé USB demande a quelqu'un qui t'en prête une ou je sais pas mais faut qu'elle soit en FAT32
VaxNeNoR

Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm

it's dead since they banned me for TK their Admin MaumraK he cried too much well i was a good reason for alot of people to play the game since they hate me and they want to kill me inside the game and outside the game whatever the game is completely dead cuz these fuckkers Admins who still play the game ban who ever they want i saw alot of people that i know got a ban for a stupid reason cuz we just owned them inside the game or they got a ban cuz of a Friend of the Admins told them to do so. Banning people for the rp also that do a little bit of lag is a joke also but wait people wanna get the full green bar so they can feel like they are pro lol what a joke
people who will replay to u or to me they are working 100% for the Admins useless to try to make them understand our points they already changed the rules for their own good reasons lol

Your Best TKer Your dady vaxnenor
Handicap1

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:10 am

Same here got banned too 4 no reason. Those admins r tru crybabies they destroy mgo. I wasNT even rp or tked. ..
C4RNIF3X

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:04 pm

I would hop on again but I got no real motivation since the game has such a small community and the community was the thing I liked the most about MGO.
When I went on a few months ago I've only met the people i disliked on the original MGO's (KSA, all the vile french laggers, etc).
Such a shame
president trump

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:34 pm

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm
president trump i'm very desappointed in you ! was expecting more ! you didnt tackle the real subject, but i do agree on this one
I elaborated both realistically and hypothetically on the current state of the game/community and what can be done. What part did I miss?
VaxNeNoR wrote: it's dead since they banned me for TK their Admin MaumraK he cried too much well i was a good reason for alot of people to play the game since they hate me and they want to kill me inside the game and outside the game whatever the game is completely dead cuz these fuckkers Admins who still play the game ban who ever they want i saw alot of people that i know got a ban for a stupid reason cuz we just owned them inside the game or they got a ban cuz of a Friend of the Admins told them to do so. Banning people for the rp also that do a little bit of lag is a joke also but wait people wanna get the full green bar so they can feel like they are pro lol what a joke
people who will replay to u or to me they are working 100% for the Admins useless to try to make them understand our points they already changed the rules for their own good reasons lol

Your Best TKer Your dady vaxnenor

That is very serious. Can you please provide more information regarding the circumstances surrounding your ban, who banned you, why (including the evidence provided to warrant the ban) and when.

Handicap1 wrote: Same here got banned too 4 no reason. Those admins r tru crybabies they destroy mgo. I wasNT even rp or tked. ..

As with what I said to VaxNeNoR, that's very serious. Please provide the same information as I've requested above. You can guys can post it here and I'll split the topic.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”