Why do the Japanese level lock rooms?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
AMYROSEMGO2

Why do the Japanese level lock rooms?

Sat May 19, 2018 5:26 pm

I only play on the jp server because Europe and us players are still cancerous after 10 years. I'm actually able to play a little bit every now and then in the jp server late at night when I get off work. It's only sometimes there's like 200 in jp lobby but all the rooms are lvl locked in lvl 5 I liked it better without level I just play for fun so I'm grateful to even get to play I'm not a no life cancerous ass about this game. Does anyone else who is in us play in jp lobby? If so add xxLUI-KANGxx_hd if you're American please
SuperSaiyanGAKO

Re: Why do the Japanese level lock rooms?

Sat May 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Level locked rooms are pretty common in the other lobbies too, which I think is part of the reason the player base shrunk. I like having levels back, but people that treat level on a revival server with a few hundred players the same way they did on the official server are ridiculous. Being a level 15 doesn't really mean much if you got it by locking yourself in a room with people of the same level and playing rescue non-stop. Ironically, the only reason to care about level now is so you can get into the level locked rooms.
Lady Viper

Sat May 19, 2018 11:31 pm

I host a lot of my room sunder the name Red Scarlette or Lady Viper.

I'm American and most of my gameplay is based on a LOT of distance lag found from a lot of EU players. When I'm over in a few Japanese rooms I get my peace and quiet.

My rooms are fair and I am a pretty straight forward guy. So when you see my "TDM Casuals" room, do join and add me, man. I'm always down for having fun and learning from the best and humble.

#ShoNuff
Lady Viper

Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 pm

And as far as level locked rooms, levels are meaningless and I think it should be removed from the game. If you wish to gauge skill in this game, names are more important than a bunch of numbers that dwindle when you lose, gain by a slight margin when you win.

Especially when I'm penalized for leaving a room full of players with crazy distance lag and I'm being punished for that?

And those "Mix" rooms where players would boost for their levels?

I'm good.
president trump

Mon May 21, 2018 11:23 am

Levels aren't as big of deal as people are making of them. Even if they were removed there will still be assholes, clowns, trolls, jerks, dicks, haters, noobs, elites, pros, scrubs, pwners, owners, winners and losers. The only difference will be that the last ounce of meaning that some people hold to this game will be lost.
Lady Viper wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:34 pm
...Especially when I'm penalized for leaving a room full of players with crazy distance lag and I'm being punished for that?...
Don't abort during the match and you won't lose level. If you're disconnecting, don't play and/or don't play in the hosts you cannot properly connect to.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Lady Viper

Tue May 22, 2018 11:01 pm

president trump wrote:
Levels aren't as big of deal as people are making of them. Even if they were removed there will still be assholes, clowns, trolls, jerks, dicks, haters, noobs, elites, pros, scrubs, pwners, owners, winners and losers. The only difference will be that the last ounce of meaning that some people hold to this game will be lost.
To what meaning is this? In an offline game? You're going to have the emotional spectrum regardless of what's done but the BIG difference is this is killing the community. No one can get in a game where people boost for levels in locked rooms. If I were to gauge my skill, I have people to tell me "good job Viper" or "I'm beast".

The original post spoke on how some numbers that many are holding on to, are causing issues in a game where this player can't join rooms. I agree with you on how you've stated they aren't a big of a deal. But when people are clowning others over it, it's a problem. Especially when rooms are locked and there are no more to join.
Don't abort during the match and you won't lose level. If you're disconnecting, don't play and/or don't play in the hosts you cannot properly connect to.
You're telling me things that I already know. Thank you.

Still doesn't abide on what was stated, the facts therein, and more so still losing experience in detriments unnecessarily.

If I need to leave an instance during a match, I will. HOW I'm punished, however, is wrong. ESPECIALLY if it's distance lag. Telling me not to "abort" when I've endured craziness in this game is literally enabling what's right and wrong.

I mostly host my games, bruh. Trill talk, if I can't "properly connect" to any room, then guess what? I can't connect to their room at all.

Come on, my dude I KNOW you have better sense than this. If you believe having the penalty rate up like this is what you like, I'm all for it. Too many people "abort" in this game for no reason other than to save what's meaningful to them: numbers that means nothing in a offline server.

But if you're purveying me advice on how to save my levels?

No, son.....just....no. I'll let you have this one then.
president trump

Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 am

Lady Viper wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:01 pm
president trump wrote:
To what meaning is this? In an offline game? You're going to have the emotional spectrum regardless of what's done but the BIG difference is this is killing the community. No one can get in a game where people boost for levels in locked rooms. If I were to gauge my skill, I have people to tell me "good job Viper" or "I'm beast".

The original post spoke on how some numbers that many are holding on to, are causing issues in a game where this player can't join rooms. I agree with you on how you've stated they aren't a big of a deal. But when people are clowning others over it, it's a problem. Especially when rooms are locked and there are no more to join.
You're telling me things that I already know. Thank you.

Still doesn't abide on what was stated, the facts therein, and more so still losing experience in detriments unnecessarily.

If I need to leave an instance during a match, I will. HOW I'm punished, however, is wrong. ESPECIALLY if it's distance lag. Telling me not to "abort" when I've endured craziness in this game is literally enabling what's right and wrong.

I mostly host my games, bruh. Trill talk, if I can't "properly connect" to any room, then guess what? I can't connect to their room at all.

Come on, my dude I KNOW you have better sense than this. If you believe having the penalty rate up like this is what you like, I'm all for it. Too many people "abort" in this game for no reason other than to save what's meaningful to them: numbers that means nothing in a offline server.

But if you're purveying me advice on how to save my levels?

No, son.....just....no. I'll let you have this one then.
People can find justifications for meaning in their lives, hobbies, activities, whatever, in the smallest of things. We all thought MGO2 mattered, and most of played like it did. But did it? Did it mean anything more than it does now? Did it really? Technically, no, it didn't. So I'm not going to sit here now after I've got my fill and start questioning why people still take the game serious.

Levels give people an arbitrary goal to strive for, achieve, and maintain. Take that away and those people will no longer find enjoyment and they'll just quit. No reason for them to keep playing, right? Either way, these debates have come up plenty of times over the past four years, but the answer will always be the same. If somebody can't join because of a level restriction they should just go and host their own room; chances are there's others waiting for a room.

Furthermore, if you're worried about your level and you join a room with distance lag, providing you joined mid-round, it should be noted that your exp won't count for that round. After which you may leave freely, or ask to be kicked. If for some reason unforeseen circumstances arise and you cannot complete a round and you have to abort, that's unfortunate, but it happens to everyone at some point.

The withdrawal penalty is purposefully intended to be considerably more than what a - or -- is worth if you just take it. This of course was done to prevent players from aborting, which was a far greater and annoying problem. Additionally, the levels among alts have already been altered and made to be shared across characters, allowing players to maintain a closer average of levels.

On a final note, these problems would have existed on the old server as well if the player count dwindled further. The problem is not that there's players that find a reason to take the game serious, the problem is simply that there's not enough players playing at any given time.
Lady Viper

Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 am

I'm going to agree to disagree with this one.

While points were made (I never stated ONCE levels mattered, but implied it made no sense whatsoever to have them or for people to care about them when it's literally about the game play and the meaning behind the game, not the numbers), some went over heads and it's something I'll leave in God's hands.

However, you're talking to THE passionate player of MGO2. I purveyed thoughts on what could've, should've, and made strides to have some positivity in this community. This game meant something to me. It gave me challenge and endearment to strive to achieve goals I have never done in any other online game, maybe because it was my second online game I ever played.

So levels really did meant something to me.

For Konami to take the game offline where they had potential to improve this game? Where I actually know the real reason why they took this game offline? When it had longevity to begin with? Even Sony could vouch for this.

This game is community driven. Always have, always will. Nothing will take away the aspects of the game and what it truly means to players that want to play the game. When you're offline, nothing matters at all but the game.

Again: I'll agree to disagree but I respect your points. No love loss here whatsoever, Brethren.

#ShoNuff

president trump

Thu May 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Lady Viper wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 am
I'm going to agree to disagree with this one.

While points were made (I never stated ONCE levels mattered, but implied it made no sense whatsoever to have them or for people to care about them when it's literally about the game play and the meaning behind the game, not the numbers), some went over heads and it's something I'll leave in God's hands.

However, you're talking to THE passionate player of MGO2. I purveyed thoughts on what could've, should've, and made strides to have some positivity in this community. This game meant something to me. It gave me challenge and endearment to strive to achieve goals I have never done in any other online game, maybe because it was my second online game I ever played.

So levels really did meant something to me.

For Konami to take the game offline where they had potential to improve this game? Where I actually know the real reason why they took this game offline? When it had longevity to begin with? Even Sony could vouch for this.

This game is community driven. Always have, always will. Nothing will take away the aspects of the game and what it truly means to players that want to play the game. When you're offline, nothing matters at all but the game.

Again: I'll agree to disagree but I respect your points. No love loss here whatsoever, Brethren.

#ShoNuff
My point was that levels give many players a reason to play, thus, to them the levels and the game matter and they end up taking the game serious, resulting in the level locked rooms. More players want levels than the few that are complaining about them, which is again, a good reason why they won't be removed. If levels meant something to you before, then surely you can understand them meaning something to the players we have now.

By 2012 Konami had no choice but to shut the game down. The weekly DDOS attacks on their servers and daily attacks on players had decimated the player count and I remember how the numbers began dwindling, in the end times. You were fortunate to even finish a round of Survival by that point. Now it could have been up longer, sure, but the DDOSers put a stop to that. They ruined the game, and the periods which the Customer Support staff ceased banning the glitchers certainly didn't help either.

Regardless, as far as MGO2R goes, if levels were removed then aborting would come back, and anybody that takes the game even remotely serious would quit. The EU/KSA Mix players are a good example of players that play serious. Even if they didn't quit, they still won't be letting anybody under their skill level play with them. When a scrub is on a team in a serious match like that it throws off the entire balance of the room and they'll just end up getting kicked anyways. Tryhards won't play with scrubs, regardless of whether or not levels are in the game, period.

None of this of course is to say the game doesn't have problems and couldn't use some new features, gear, whatever. But the reality is the original administrators assisting Ghz quit within the first 6 months (MGO2R is going on 5 years now), I don't help anymore, and the subsequent administrators Ghz tagged last year were never meant to help develop, but to manage the community and continue to allow Ghz time to develop, or pursue other aspects of life as he sees fit. Point being, Ghz works alone and eyes other horizons, and the game as it is, for the most part, is as it will be, unless Ghz continues development. Removing a feature he worked hard to put back in isn't going to happen.

So having said that, the most I can recommend is that players unable to join level locked rooms either get their level up and join those rooms, or they host their own rooms unlocked, or for levels around their own.
Lady Viper

Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 am

Points noted. Thanks for the conversations, Brother. :D

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”