Is this game dead already?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Funkymintbro

Re: Is this game dead already?

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:34 pm

SeRe wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:41 pm
you will get kicked by this guy because you are too noob (or even without any reason). Usually these guys have few clan members in the game also so you will pretty surely get kicked 100% of the time.
I've noticed this clan kicking bullshit too. I wish there was a feature in the game that disallowed people of the same clan to accumulate kicking votes.
SixthSensei

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Seems like a significant no. of players down over the last week. Some of the usual rooms are no longer around much now. Last couple times ive gone on, ive just turned the ps3 off without even playing as there arent any decent games.

As for the OP, theres too many brats in the game that can spoil the fun. If youre last in tsne you might get kicked because the others dont want to wait for the round to finish -pathetic but there you go. I hope you find some cool people to play with sometime.
SNAAAAKE

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:38 pm

levels might be the reason..

sometimes I see people hosting lvl12 n up or some shit then they host for like half hour with 7 people in room..no on joins then they just dont play

I think I liked PLAYING before when there was no level. not saying that because I am a 6..its because at least there were lot more active rooms. I get on maybe one a week to see whats up but its almost always the same TDM rooms. even then these guys are so annoying with locked weapons and other gay rules.
SeRe

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:19 am

tigerchitpile wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm
Yeah for some reason the single death modes(TSNE and RES) seem to draw the most amount people like this. Probably because it is a high pressure mode and a single unskilled player can cost the team a victory. That being said, it is no reason for people to act like that, but they will because that is what people do. Sometimes you just got to mute people in order to make the room enjoyable, so I would recommend that if people keep harassing you in a room.
Yeah, the pressure is probably the thing that made me love TSNE and makes people crack. Since I'm former eSports player, I have done enough hardtrying for my short life already and nowadays I tend to play games where is no real stress to win. Eventhough winning is very fun, I just want to forget everything around me and enjoy the game. If this game really had eSports capability or winning (or levels) actually mattered somehow, then I would understand this. Now I really don't understand why the core players aren't as laidback and just enjoy that we still have this one chance to play this great game.
Shizenfism wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 am
Yeah, I'm in a similiar boat as you SeRe. Fond memories, find out the game has been revived, get excited and go to play, then run into a fairly small and toxic player pool. All of the tryhards make just playing some casual games difficult. It's going to be hard to build up the community when new players go to have some fun and relax but keep running into m4-whore headshot frag-fests.
I don't know if any of you people remember but there was a free MGO2 back in the days on PSN store where u could play it free for probably few months? Anyhow it was my 1st time playing any MGS game and after trying that free MGO2 and falling in love I immediately bought MGS4 and older versions after that also.

The thing is that honestly how MGS4 (and MGO2) works is a bit clunky and it has it's own unique feeling to it (which some people hate I would imagine). It also has very high skill cap and eventhough I played MGO2 for over a year at least, I was still pretty bad compared to the real gods in this game. Even now I don't know how to auto-aim or how to use knife properly (to stun or kill) and I have old hobos aim. Even now I don't know what all skills actually do (I was never able to unlock them all in old MGO2). I have never played with special characters 'till this ''savemgo'' and when I do get to play unique, I'm fucking clueless A. what I should do and B. what I can do.

Well because of all this and many things more, it's very difficult to get better in this game to not get flamed. It's really hard to ask advice and I feel that if I want to lower the skill cap to for example stun someone with CQC-EX because I have no skill to stun whatsoever without it, well it's not going to happen probably because it's usually forbidden by rules. And if not you are instant noob XD
Yosh2097 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 am
I'm pretty new to the game and until now i was kicked only one or two times for no reason than probably being bad. Not sure if i will keep playing though, the game is very interesting but having to play with a controller and dealing with frame rate drops really frustates me.
We would need real ''Beginner Rooms'' I assume. The low leveled rooms I have played usually have those few 0 leveled ''smurf accounts'' who are having 100 0 on scoreboard and are there to get levels or to just own us people who are there to just learn. I sincerely believe that it won't make me any better player to have 1 or 2 kills and to be killed like 30 times. I remember that when I 1st played MGO2 there was lots of noobs and it was OK to be bad in this game when playing. Without the chance to play with other beginners I wouldn't probably liked the game this much since it's very hard game to begin with.
GHzGangster wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 am
Not easy to deal with this sort of stuff sadly...

I would really suggest that you guys host your own rooms. Keep the toxic people out. May not be easy, but if you guys start creating your own groups, you should have fun.
I tried but since it screams error for me and it seems to be difficult to do the correct settings to be able to host I haven't done it unfortunately. If I remember correct, I had same problem even when the main MGO2 was running.
Funkymintbro wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:34 pm
I've noticed this clan kicking bullshit too. I wish there was a feature in the game that disallowed people of the same clan to accumulate kicking votes.
Are these the same clans that were around back in the days? If so, then I'd understand why they would do clans and gang up. If not, well then I don't have any understanding since what I have seen, it only makes people fight.
SixthSensei wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 pm
As for the OP, theres too many brats in the game that can spoil the fun. If youre last in tsne you might get kicked because the others dont want to wait for the round to finish -pathetic but there you go. I hope you find some cool people to play with sometime.
My feelings exactly tbh.
SNAAAAKE wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:38 pm
levels might be the reason..

sometimes I see people hosting lvl12 n up or some shit then they host for like half hour with 7 people in room..no on joins then they just dont play

I think I liked PLAYING before when there was no level. not saying that because I am a 6..its because at least there were lot more active rooms. I get on maybe one a week to see whats up but its almost always the same TDM rooms. even then these guys are so annoying with locked weapons and other gay rules.
Yeah I think this level system doesn't really work when there isn't that much players. Annoying to check rooms just to understand that you will not be able to join the room. I'm actually level 7 I think and the only reason it isn't 0 is that you are forced to play with high level players and when your team wins in for example TSNE and gets +5 points, I will get ++ EXP. Definitely easier to find games than I was level 0 but still it's hard to find rooms (and I'm still super awful in this game).
Shizenfism

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:33 am

SeRe wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:19 am

I don't know if any of you people remember but there was a free MGO2 back in the days on PSN store where u could play it free for probably few months? Anyhow it was my 1st time playing any MGS game and after trying that free MGO2 and falling in love I immediately bought MGS4 and older versions after that also.
The only thing I'm remembering like that was the beta they did from April to May. I don't know about the other regions, but I believe here in NA you had to have a voucher code to participate. I think I got mine for preordering MGS4; still got the stupid voucher paper too lol.

BTW, I try and host TDM games often (since they seem the most casual) with no rules or restrictions, especially since the game pool is pretty dry; char name is Gear-18.
Alice.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 am

SeRe wrote:
I started MGO2 5 days ago because I had great memories of it while I playing it around 8 years ago last time and it's my favorite online shooter multiplayer ever. I would had tried this MGO2 earlier but I just heard about this ''savemgo'' thing just like a week ago.

Since it's my 6th day playing it's pretty normal to be noob. But these high level MGO2 players (I won't post nicknames here), not all but most, are toxic as fuck. I mean if you do bad, you will A. get flamed by this high level MGO2 player or B. you will get kicked by this guy because you are too noob (or even without any reason). Usually these guys have few clan members in the game also so you will pretty surely get kicked 100% of the time. I was even playing TSNE on a sneaking side while my girlfriend sent me a WhatsApp message and I hided in-game to answer her which took honestly max. 20 seconds just to be kicked instantly. Yeah I was the last guy standing but the rules was ''Everything is allowed'' and there was over 3 minutes on the timer so it wasn't like I had to go instant Rambo 1v6. For a low level player who just wants to enjoy his favorite online shooter and his favorite game mode in it is fucking shit. Most of the rooms (with TSNE) are full and even if they weren't they are level capped. So you refresh 30 minutes to play the game just to get kicked by some arrogant people.. Pretty fun eh?

I have played League of Legends for 6 years so I'm very used to toxicness since LoL may be the most toxic game in the world. But you guys.. You act like your level or clan is your life and you really seem to think that you are succesful human beings by ''doing good in MGO2 and flaming to others''. Honestly to a guy who only likes the game and has never played this game seriously or in a clan it is a pathetic or actually you guys who are like this are pathetic.

Are some of you guys trying to be future eSports MGO2 players or what? It's pretty hard to enjoy the game with a community like this (and yet again I'm not talking about everyone). Also I can't understand people who think it's fun to spam laugh for the whole 5 minutes long round?

I think I represent a real ''casual'' MGO2 player and if I have feeling like this it's not hard to predict that you hardtry-players can play yourselves if you are not already.
I know what you mean. A lot of people that play are MGO2 vets and they're still as toxic as they were years ago. I'm an MGO2 vet, too. I played from 2008 to 2012 and it took me a while to get used to the toxic community. Sadly, to some people, levels still matter just like GP did back in the day. It really is sad.

I host mainly TDM/TSNE/RES games on the weekends (but sometimes during the week on evenings) and you're more than welcome to join. I try keeping the idiots that won't shut up and play out of my rooms but it's not always feasible due to the voting system to kick people out. If I can't get them out then I just mute them.

Character name: xthesavior
MGO2R - UrbanGirl
Pepphor

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Alice. wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:49 am
SeRe wrote:
I started MGO2 5 days ago because I had great memories of it while I playing it around 8 years ago last time and it's my favorite online shooter multiplayer ever. I would had tried this MGO2 earlier but I just heard about this ''savemgo'' thing just like a week ago.

Since it's my 6th day playing it's pretty normal to be noob. But these high level MGO2 players (I won't post nicknames here), not all but most, are toxic as fuck. I mean if you do bad, you will A. get flamed by this high level MGO2 player or B. you will get kicked by this guy because you are too noob (or even without any reason). Usually these guys have few clan members in the game also so you will pretty surely get kicked 100% of the time. I was even playing TSNE on a sneaking side while my girlfriend sent me a WhatsApp message and I hided in-game to answer her which took honestly max. 20 seconds just to be kicked instantly. Yeah I was the last guy standing but the rules was ''Everything is allowed'' and there was over 3 minutes on the timer so it wasn't like I had to go instant Rambo 1v6. For a low level player who just wants to enjoy his favorite online shooter and his favorite game mode in it is fucking shit. Most of the rooms (with TSNE) are full and even if they weren't they are level capped. So you refresh 30 minutes to play the game just to get kicked by some arrogant people.. Pretty fun eh?

I have played League of Legends for 6 years so I'm very used to toxicness since LoL may be the most toxic game in the world. But you guys.. You act like your level or clan is your life and you really seem to think that you are succesful human beings by ''doing good in MGO2 and flaming to others''. Honestly to a guy who only likes the game and has never played this game seriously or in a clan it is a pathetic or actually you guys who are like this are pathetic.

Are some of you guys trying to be future eSports MGO2 players or what? It's pretty hard to enjoy the game with a community like this (and yet again I'm not talking about everyone). Also I can't understand people who think it's fun to spam laugh for the whole 5 minutes long round?

I think I represent a real ''casual'' MGO2 player and if I have feeling like this it's not hard to predict that you hardtry-players can play yourselves if you are not already.
I know what you mean. A lot of people that play are MGO2 vets and they're still as toxic as they were years ago. I'm an MGO2 vet, too. I played from 2008 to 2012 and it took me a while to get used to the toxic community. Sadly, to some people, levels still matter just like GP did back in the day. It really is sad.

I host mainly TDM/TSNE/RES games on the weekends (but sometimes during the week on evenings) and you're more than welcome to join. I try keeping the idiots that won't shut up and play out of my rooms but it's not always feasible due to the voting system to kick people out. If I can't get them out then I just mute them.

Character name: xthesavior
Pepphor

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:48 pm

It's true... there could be more games for "Noobs". Even a lvl 17 in the original mgo, if starts playing savemgo by now he is a noob... So it has not sense. There are so many fucking toxics who create games only for players with level 12 and up, it has no sense. If we want to repopulate this beautiful server, the games MUST be for ALL THE PLAYERS. This is the only way to give a long life to MGO... <3

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”