Is this game dead already?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
SoftDrink

Is this game dead already?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:39 pm

No matter what, anytime I go on this game it's always impossible to find a match. A room is either locked and requires a password, or has a bunch of stupid rules that really limits the matches and people's play styles, or it's only like 3/4 people playing in the EU and NA servers. I don't like to play in JP servers since the lag is ridiculous in there. It's really a shame, the game was live when it got revived, and I looked forward to playing this game just like the old days but there's just hardly anyone playing.
BusterHarvey

Re: Is this game dead already?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Usually depends on the time of the day. I never seem to struggle finding a game in EU later in the evening, especially on a weekend.
The real Hi Snake

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 am

i know what you mean. at evening i usally host some tsne or sne games with no rules.
Dan

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:02 pm

I think more people just need to get the word out, I don’t usually have trouble finding a room in EU lobby, the JP guys like to play with FF on too I noticed
tigerchitpile

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Dan wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:02 pm
I think more people just need to get the word out, I don’t usually have trouble finding a room in EU lobby, the JP guys like to play with FF on too I noticed
There is actually an interesting reason behind that. There was originally glitches that could be done relatively easy with FF that made you invisible. I believe they couldn't fix the glitch, so removed it from Survival and Tournament for EU and NA. They didn't remove it from JP Survival and Tournaments because glitching wasn't an issue in their server( because they are not scumbags I guess). Either way, you'll notice that FF is the norm on JP rooms, but not on others.
SeRe

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:41 pm

I started MGO2 5 days ago because I had great memories of it while I playing it around 8 years ago last time and it's my favorite online shooter multiplayer ever. I would had tried this MGO2 earlier but I just heard about this ''savemgo'' thing just like a week ago.

Since it's my 6th day playing it's pretty normal to be noob. But these high level MGO2 players (I won't post nicknames here), not all but most, are toxic as fuck. I mean if you do bad, you will A. get flamed by this high level MGO2 player or B. you will get kicked by this guy because you are too noob (or even without any reason). Usually these guys have few clan members in the game also so you will pretty surely get kicked 100% of the time. I was even playing TSNE on a sneaking side while my girlfriend sent me a WhatsApp message and I hided in-game to answer her which took honestly max. 20 seconds just to be kicked instantly. Yeah I was the last guy standing but the rules was ''Everything is allowed'' and there was over 3 minutes on the timer so it wasn't like I had to go instant Rambo 1v6. For a low level player who just wants to enjoy his favorite online shooter and his favorite game mode in it is fucking shit. Most of the rooms (with TSNE) are full and even if they weren't they are level capped. So you refresh 30 minutes to play the game just to get kicked by some arrogant people.. Pretty fun eh?

I have played League of Legends for 6 years so I'm very used to toxicness since LoL may be the most toxic game in the world. But you guys.. You act like your level or clan is your life and you really seem to think that you are succesful human beings by ''doing good in MGO2 and flaming to others''. Honestly to a guy who only likes the game and has never played this game seriously or in a clan it is a pathetic or actually you guys who are like this are pathetic.

Are some of you guys trying to be future eSports MGO2 players or what? It's pretty hard to enjoy the game with a community like this (and yet again I'm not talking about everyone). Also I can't understand people who think it's fun to spam laugh for the whole 5 minutes long round?

I think I represent a real ''casual'' MGO2 player and if I have feeling like this it's not hard to predict that you hardtry-players can play yourselves if you are not already.
tigerchitpile

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm

SeRe wrote:
I started MGO2 5 days ago because I had great memories of it while I playing it around 8 years ago last time and it's my favorite online shooter multiplayer ever. I would had tried this MGO2 earlier but I just heard about this ''savemgo'' thing just like a week ago.

Since it's my 6th day playing it's pretty normal to be noob. But these high level MGO2 players (I won't post nicknames here), not all but most, are toxic as fuck. I mean if you do bad, you will A. get flamed by this high level MGO2 player or B. you will get kicked by this guy because you are too noob (or even without any reason). Usually these guys have few clan members in the game also so you will pretty surely get kicked 100% of the time. I was even playing TSNE on a sneaking side while my girlfriend sent me a WhatsApp message and I hided in-game to answer her which took honestly max. 20 seconds just to be kicked instantly. Yeah I was the last guy standing but the rules was ''Everything is allowed'' and there was over 3 minutes on the timer so it wasn't like I had to go instant Rambo 1v6. For a low level player who just wants to enjoy his favorite online shooter and his favorite game mode in it is fucking shit. Most of the rooms (with TSNE) are full and even if they weren't they are level capped. So you refresh 30 minutes to play the game just to get kicked by some arrogant people.. Pretty fun eh?

I have played League of Legends for 6 years so I'm very used to toxicness since LoL may be the most toxic game in the world. But you guys.. You act like your level or clan is your life and you really seem to think that you are succesful human beings by ''doing good in MGO2 and flaming to others''. Honestly to a guy who only likes the game and has never played this game seriously or in a clan it is a pathetic or actually you guys who are like this are pathetic.

Are some of you guys trying to be future eSports MGO2 players or what? It's pretty hard to enjoy the game with a community like this (and yet again I'm not talking about everyone). Also I can't understand people who think it's fun to spam laugh for the whole 5 minutes long round?

I think I represent a real ''casual'' MGO2 player and if I have feeling like this it's not hard to predict that you hardtry-players can play yourselves if you are not already.
Yeah for some reason the single death modes(TSNE and RES) seem to draw the most amount people like this. Probably because it is a high pressure mode and a single unskilled player can cost the team a victory. That being said, it is no reason for people to act like that, but they will because that is what people do. Sometimes you just got to mute people in order to make the room enjoyable, so I would recommend that if people keep harassing you in a room.
Shizenfism

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 am

Yeah, I'm in a similiar boat as you SeRe. Fond memories, find out the game has been revived, get excited and go to play, then run into a fairly small and toxic player pool. All of the tryhards make just playing some casual games difficult. It's going to be hard to build up the community when new players go to have some fun and relax but keep running into m4-whore headshot frag-fests.

Since it can be hard to find a game to join, I've been hosting games as of late, and they stay pretty mellow. Gotta host em over in EU even though I'm NA since NA seems to be completely dead. Also, I wonder what that "????????" locked INT game in NA is about? It's always there, no one seems to join, and I can't acquire host information from it...
Yosh2097

Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:55 am

SeRe wrote:

I'm pretty new to the game and until now i was kicked only one or two times for no reason than probably being bad. Not sure if i will keep playing though, the game is very interesting but having to play with a controller and dealing with frame rate drops really frustates me.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 am

Not easy to deal with this sort of stuff sadly...

I would really suggest that you guys host your own rooms. Keep the toxic people out. May not be easy, but if you guys start creating your own groups, you should have fun.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”