an interesting add on

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
MrGame20
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: an interesting add on

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:52 pm

A lot of things are possible in the sense that they are not impossible. This is one of those 'not impossible' things.

It absolutely can be done, but its a non-trivial task. Actually it would likely be a significant undertaking I'd guess it would take more work to do than bringing the server back online did by a fair margin. Technically the two tasks require similar skillsets but the complexity of adding functionality to a game binary not just reverse engineering functionality and minor patches is considerably higher.

Basically what I'm saying is, yes someone could undertake such a project and be successful after several man-month's of work at beast, and anyone doing it isn't going to be working on it full time so it would probably take a year or two. Its hard to estimate time because there might exist a mechanism that makes it very easy or there might be mitigating factors that make it extraordinarily difficult you don't know until you start.

At this point no one is working on or has expressed interest in working on such a project so you can discuss it, but it extraordinarily unlikely anyone will do this, unless OP actually steps up and does it.
FabioGTX

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 pm

make it the host responsability to choose what is the upload rate for his own game anything from 96kbps to 512kbps so this way no jackass will come and screw others people game this is the only non-sense MGO2 really had and it is the only major game improvement that should makes people talk now it might be impossible in a short amount of time ... while it might not be what we call and add-on like perk & skills but the game itself do its job very well already otherwise we would not be here so to make a short story "host managed upload rate for everybody in the room" "everyone with the same upload rate managed by the host"
SONOMAMASHINE

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:16 pm

FabioGTX wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 pm
make it the host responsability to choose what is the upload rate for his own game anything from 96kbps to 512kbps so this way no jackass will come and screw others people game this is the only non-sense MGO2 really had and it is the only major game improvement that should makes people talk now it might be impossible in a short amount of time ... while it might not be what we call and add-on like perk & skills but the game itself do its job very well already otherwise we would not be here so to make a short story "host managed upload rate for everybody in the room" "everyone with the same upload rate managed by the host"
listen, i already talked about this on other threads, make higher uploads, mgo is cap at 512kb i would like to see higher upload settings and i think that would help a lot.
but you need to understand that online gaming cant be perfect and will never be, either you gonna have the advantage and someone crying about it or have disadvantage and cry to other people about it . you want a perfect solution play 2 players at home with someone, online that will NEVER happen , so my point is even IF they set this up it will always be someone crying about something
S-Maojin-xTPOWx

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Yes, modified skills are doable, BUT I doubt theyll ever be changed or modifed without first being supported by the administrators and then probably voted on and approved by the community. So the outlook of the situation is unlikely. There are definitely other modifications to the skills that people might be happy about, like increasing runner speed beyond level 3, Level 8 runner speed equals out to the same speed as Vamp runs. So for example, allowing runner to be selected to say..... Level 5 or 6, would be faster. But not so much that its going to damage the game. And the movement speed stays pretty fluid.
S-Maojin-xTPOWx

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Another good example that I think makes the game funner, is knife speed/level being increased.... Too high will freeze your game or actually make you knife in slow motion, but you can go a little over double the speed of Level 3 Knife and it makes for a pretty fun knife room. If i remember right, Knife can go to level 7 or 8 before it reaches the point to where it reverts back to slow motion. I can make a conceptual video if anyone would like to see the differences between the speeds.
KidBilly

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 pm

It's probably hard for most of you to understand this. But GHz told me that the source code he has access to is just some processor generated assembly instructions. Modifying anything within MGO itself is laughable seeing as how the code is probably just barely human readable.

GHz would have to have super human intelligence and a lot of time on his hands.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:11 pm

KidBilly wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 pm
It's probably hard for most of you to understand this. But GHz told me that the source code he has access to is just some processor generated assembly instructions. Modifying anything within MGO itself is laughable seeing as how the code is probably just barely human readable.

GHz would have to have super human intelligence and a lot of time on his hands.
Yes, a lot of the "core" stuff is difficult to change. I did notice some skill-related stuff in some work Jayveer and others have done, but it wouldn't require file modifications, which requires a reformat for OFW, etc... It's not easy to apply changes at this point.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”