Up for Machinima?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Saveliy23

Up for Machinima?

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:33 am

Hello, everyone!
We finally got a chance to play MGO2 freely, officially and I am happy to see people coming to this game. I've seen new players everywhere (myself included lol), and also oldies coming back.

MGO2 provides a lot of great tools for creating mini films, clips and other interesting applications. That said, I am planning to create couple of videos (films if you like) and I have 1 big project in mind.

If you are interested, if you like spending time creating fun stuff in a good company, if you enjoy this filming kitchen and if you are willing to participate in filming/editing/directing we are about to start up - add me on
PSN: Saveliy23 for more details, or we can meet in mgo2 directly, I have the same name there.
Hope to see you guys there! 8-) :arrow:
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Re: Up for Machinima?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Make sure you use no skills, use toggle/recall to remove the item/weapon options from the HUD, use a small HUD overlay, and DP off if possible, then just crop the radar from the video while maintaining the width. Doing this will give it a cinematic widescreen look like and not have any of the nasty HUD. The only consideration to keep in mind would be to angle the camera properly so nothing you want in the scene is high enough and cut off when you crop out the radar.

You can see my video here for an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMs6cJ9JGI

I also lowered camera speeds and used first person view memory to control it easier.

I'd also recommend using the MGO quality guide Dismalicious made a few years back.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Saveliy23

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm

president trump wrote:
Make sure you use no skills, use toggle/recall to remove the item/weapon options from the HUD, use a small HUD overlay, and DP off if possible, then just crop the radar from the video while maintaining the width. Doing this will give it a cinematic widescreen look like and not have any of the nasty HUD. The only consideration to keep in mind would be to angle the camera properly so nothing you want in the scene is high enough and cut off when you crop out the radar.

You can see my video here for an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOMs6cJ9JGI

I also lowered camera speeds and used first person view memory to control it easier.

I'd also recommend using the MGO quality guide Dismalicious made a few years back.
Thanks for the heads up and additional info, I was keeping that in mind.
As it turns out, there is no other way to fully disable HUD from the screen? If that's the case, framing should be less wide
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 am

Saveliy23 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm
president trump wrote:

Thanks for the heads up and additional info, I was keeping that in mind.
As it turns out, there is no other way to fully disable HUD from the screen? If that's the case, framing should be less wide
I think Ghz knows how (or could figure out how) to remove the HUD, but aside from that there's no way to do it.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
ChronosNo13

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:15 am

Machinima would be pretty fun. I wanted to make one back when the game first came out, but had no gear and a laptop that could barely spit out a word document. Now I've got a capture card, premiere pro and a blue yeti, so if you need a hand, let me know.

PSN: OldTiger
I've got a male character on MGO called Kurosaka and a female called Mizore

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”