Frame rate and bullet sponge

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
tigerchitpile

Re: Frame rate and bullet sponge

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:14 am

When I start having bad registration, I start using AA heavy weapons. Seems to help sometimes :)
PrimeObjective

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 am

I usually throw my controller across the room and don´t play for a couple days !!! xD xD
-I have a dream...that one day people stop kik,cry and shit talk for no fucking reason-
Cjaxx

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm

I figured this out long ago. Ready for this? Try reversing your ethernet cable. Whether you're wired or wireless this does effect reg. Next you need to find the perfect channels. I personally have a router with both 2.4 and 5.0 so I found a perfect combination that gives the best headshot reg. I.e. channels 5 & 157 or 6 & 161 it actually does work. After that comes wireless range. Wireless range for me when maxed out or set to 75% is no good for mgo2. I have to set it at 25 or 50. Also Try using a free dns. Different dns servers,from what I've tested optimize at different channel combinations and wireless ranges. I have no idea why that helps but it does... I recommend (NA- (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) or (208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220) -NA) lastly disable upnp on your router, your ps3, and most importantly disable upnp in mgo2 network settings. Use dmz. Upnp is unstable and port forwarding is only good case by case. There's a bunch of other stuff but I'm rushing this so try all that you'll have to go through a process of elimination but eventually you'll find the most static optimization for mgo2. I know it sounds like vs and I'm full of shit. But I swear, for whatever reason it does help. For refference my router is the NETGEAR AC1900 NIGHTHAWK R7000
SONOMAMASHINE

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Cjaxx wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm
I figured this out long ago. Ready for this? Try reversing your ethernet cable. Whether you're wired or wireless this does effect reg. Next you need to find the perfect channels. I personally have a router with both 2.4 and 5.0 so I found a perfect combination that gives the best headshot reg. I.e. channels 5 & 157 or 6 & 161 it actually does work. After that comes wireless range. Wireless range for me when maxed out or set to 75% is no good for mgo2. I have to set it at 25 or 50. Also Try using a free dns. Different dns servers,from what I've tested optimize at different channel combinations and wireless ranges. I have no idea why that helps but it does... I recommend (NA- (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) or (208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220) -NA) lastly disable upnp on your router, your ps3, and most importantly disable upnp in mgo2 network settings. Use dmz. Upnp is unstable and port forwarding is only good case by case. There's a bunch of other stuff but I'm rushing this so try all that you'll have to go through a process of elimination but eventually you'll find the most static optimization for mgo2. I know it sounds like vs and I'm full of shit. But I swear, for whatever reason it does help. For refference my router is the NETGEAR AC1900 NIGHTHAWK R7000
what THA......!
on a serious note the REAL SOLUTION is ........ drum roll brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb ACTIVATE TEAM KILL (dnt remember the real name) basically this will reduce the amout of fps drops and sponge.
less spray less lag less drops less sponge

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”