Hosts with rules!

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
KidBilly

Hosts with rules!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:53 pm

I'm seeing more rooms being hosted with stupid rules, than I remember in the past. Am I the only one who finds these rules very annoying? I feel like they ruin the game.

TSNE example:
Rules
No rush, ex, qr3, nades, slit, box3, shield. No RP. Kick who I say or end.

Only weapons:
Attacking
M4 Custom
Operator

Defending
MK. 2
Smoke Grenade

Just seems like the list of rules in these games plus the weapon restrictions lead to such a boring game. I like to play in unique ways but this ruins it.

Plus, for RES and TSNE. Think about if everyone played by the rules to capture/defend the target. It would be so cool and much more difficult IMO.
tigerchitpile

Re: Hosts with rules!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Those rooms are so lame. When I host a room, I just say anything goes(except glitching obviously). If it would be allowed in survival then you can do it in my room. Lots of times I'll even put uniques in so people stay on their toes.
Gus

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:40 pm

As a TSNE player myself, I feel the need to explain a few things about the avarage TSNE players xD
Rushing does ruin the game for us because everyone wants to do something, even if they end up failing and dead. When a player rushes the targets, you're ending the round and people won't be able to try anything because you just wanted to win. Let's keep in mind most TSNE hosts do not mind rushing if you're the last player alive in your team or if you're running out of time in that round.

CQC EX: it's really frustating when you try to CQC someone and you just cant because of that stupid skill. Not everyone knows how to properly use their knives and lets not even mention their mk.2 so the only when to do something is by using cqc. If you just "Block" cqcs against you it just gets really hard to kill you, specially for new players.

QR3: never seem a host block it

Nades: most TSNE players will camp when they're attacking (stealth): inside the house in MM, underground for BB, buildings in UU, hangar in GG... the list goes on and on, and if you enable nades, it also gets really hard for them to survive because the deffending team will not go after them and will only throw nades to get easy kills...

Slit: easy way to get kills... I personally dont mind this skill, but some people do because you just dont get any chance of deffending yourself. Basically if you're caught, its game over for you.

Box 3: its quite annoying because you cant cqc someone while they're using the box and they'll keep hitting you until you're stunned.

Shield: really? its tsne, there's no shield, lol

kick who I say or end: I also hate this, which is why I always try to play with friends, so we back each other up and vote no xD
Also, the host has the right to use block list to keep players out of his room, so if he decides to block someone during a game, I say its ok to kick them right away.

Weapons restriction: aside nades and mags, I also like it when everything is available... if you take guns off, you're ruining the game for some players who enjoy using different stuff...
KidBilly

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Gus wrote:
As a TSNE player myself, I feel the need to explain a few things about the avarage TSNE players xD
Rushing does ruin the game for us because everyone wants to do something, even if they end up failing and dead. When a player rushes the targets, you're ending the round and people won't be able to try anything because you just wanted to win. Let's keep in mind most TSNE hosts do not mind rushing if you're the last player alive in your team or if you're running out of time in that round.

CQC EX: it's really frustating when you try to CQC someone and you just cant because of that stupid skill. Not everyone knows how to properly use their knives and lets not even mention their mk.2 so the only when to do something is by using cqc. If you just "Block" cqcs against you it just gets really hard to kill you, specially for new players.

Nades: most TSNE players will camp when they're attacking (stealth): inside the house in MM, underground for BB, buildings in UU, hangar in GG... the list goes on and on, and if you enable nades, it also gets really hard for them to survive because the deffending team will not go after them and will only throw nades to get easy kills...

Slit: easy way to get kills... I personally dont mind this skill, but some people do because you just dont get any chance of deffending yourself. Basically if you're caught, its game over for you.

Box 3: its quite annoying because you cant cqc someone while they're using the box and they'll keep hitting you until you're stunned.

kick who I say or end: I also hate this, which is why I always try to play with friends, so we back each other up and vote no xD
Also, the host has the right to use block list to keep players out of his room, so if he decides to block someone during a game, I say its ok to kick them right away.

Weapons restriction: aside nades and mags, I also like it when everything is available... if you take guns off, you're ruining the game for some players who enjoy using different stuff...
My post applies to other games modes, too. But TSNE is the worst, I've noticed.

If the round is mostly over and there's 2 or 3 people on your team still alive, grabbing the target/scoring would NOT even be a rush. The term "rush" is stupid. Rushing would involve actually rushing to the target.

My overall point is, if we stop with the stupid rules and also play the game modes as they were initially intended, I bet we'd all be surprised how balanced, fun and different MGO would be.

And yes, hosts do say "No QR3". I got kicked yesterday for using it. I've been kicked for CQC ex, QR3, grabbing the target, hiding too much during stealth, you name it.
SuperSaiyanGAKO

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Restrictions are lame. I had a host try to kick me for scoring the target with less than a minute left in TSNE. I assumed the standard no rush until 1 minute rules applied, but he said "no rush at all". Funny thing is his game description said "anything goes", but his game had a bunch of weapon restrictions and touching the target wasn't allowed (the whole premise of the mode). Other than that, yeah, anything goes lol. When I host, i put in the description no restrictions and all play styles welcome. If somebody is doing something that is pissing me off, I adapt my play style to defend against it, I don't just take away their ability to do it. Unfortunately most rooms I see have some form of restriction.
tigerchitpile

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:22 am

Gus wrote:

Well, let's just say that if the defensive team actually defended instead of rushing the attacking team, rushing wouldn't be an issue. This would mean that the rusher would likely die and that the other's would have a chance to do something. The problem is that people like to play modes only one way and one way only when everything in between playstyles goes. This leads to a stall experience and a dull match.

Also, it is worth noting that most of the skills people ban might be powerful, but it is at the sacrifice of speed. If someone is using slit or CQC EX you can tell by their staggered movements and you should play accordingly. If people can't adapt to playing with everything that is legit, then maybe they should play with no restrictions more often. In my time playing Survival and Tournaments on the old server, I very rarely remember people using Box 3, CQC EX, and slit and there is good reason for that. They are not that great of skills and relying on them might get you one kill, but you would get murdered by the next person.
Revy

Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:39 pm

"no rush" irritates me, especially on RES. It should be recommended if you can break through the defence.
"People. Enjoy the game. Get drunk or wasted but enjoy the game."
KidBilly

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 pm

tigerchitpile wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:22 am

Well, let's just say that if the defensive team actually defended instead of rushing the attacking team, rushing wouldn't be an issue. This would mean that the rusher would likely die and that the other's would have a chance to do something. The problem is that people like to play modes only one way and one way only when everything in between playstyles goes. This leads to a stall experience and a dull match.

Also, it is worth noting that most of the skills people ban might be powerful, but it is at the sacrifice of speed. If someone is using slit or CQC EX you can tell by their staggered movements and you should play accordingly. If people can't adapt to playing with everything that is legit, then maybe they should play with no restrictions more often. In my time playing Survival and Tournaments on the old server, I very rarely remember people using Box 3, CQC EX, and slit and there is good reason for that. They are not that great of skills and relying on them might get you one kill, but you would get murdered by the next person.

Exactly!!!

Well, let's just say that if the defensive team actually defended instead of rushing the attacking team, rushing wouldn't be an issue.

When I play RES, I always defend (when defending), and I'm always the last one alive! So annoying.
Then when attacking, playing the game how it's intended, I try to goal. And get kicked.

What these rules are doing is turning the game into nothing but just an aim and shoot. And it's boring. MGO has so many different ways to play if we'd just allow it.
Gus

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:08 pm

I'm very sorry for this reply, I dont mean to cause any trouble or anything, but if you want to play "anything goes" then just join mix rooms. They play it like the good old survival or tournament modes. They have TSNE and RES and you can rush to win.

People like myself who mostly play a single game mode (TSNE, RES, etc) enjoy the game itself, so it's not about winning all the time. We wanna have fun. We want to get that nice stun head shot and get the kill afterwards and just laugh about it. Rushing the target is part of the game, sure, but it's 2017, do you really care that much about winning, after 9 years?

If we "defend" as you guys mentioned above, the game would be pretty much "camp to win" and would be a lot more difficult to get a single kill if you're not a super duper elite player (ok, that was too much but you get the point)

edit: if you really must win all the time, just kill/stun the entire team, like it's supposed to be (or grab gako at last second, for rescue)
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 pm

Honestly, with all options is how the game is meant to be played.
Defending the target is the objective of the mode, not killing the enemy team.

The whole idea of banning rushing (which most people confuse with "goaling") is absurd to me, it's just an excuse to not have to defend the target.
This is a game of rock, paper, scissors... you adapt to the enemy team and come up with a way to beat them.
It's more interesting when all options are on the table... will the other team rush this round, will they split up or group together, is someone going to be around this corner?

Most of the time, when I see these rules, I can tell straight away that it's to give the host an advantage in terms of their playstyle:
No rush (I don't defend), no CQC EX (I always try to scan), no QR3 (I can't kill the guy with it), no grenades (I love to camp).

For whatever reason, it's only these modes that people add all these arbitrary rules to -- maybe it's because they aren't as linear as other modes.
I truly believe that being able to counter all these options and playstyles makes you a more versatile, and overall better player. Otherwise, it's the same shit every day...

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”