Hosts with rules!

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Junkhead_

Re: Hosts with rules!

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 am

SuperSaiyanGAKO wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 pm
KidBilly wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 pm
I haven't played MGO in a few months. I might have lost interest, which is extremely sad.

I'll never forget the last time I played. I think early in early October.

In a TDM, I got kicked because I had a really good kill streak of 5-7 headshots within a minute. Someone screamed "96k!", then I got booted out.

After that, I joined a TSNE. Was never much of a fan of TSNE, but it's still fun. I wanted to experiment with QR3 because I'd never used it much. I was having so much fun waking my team up. Then I got kicked for using QR3!!!!

I was so sad that I had my favorite game so close, yet so far away. I could play MGO, but no one was letting me play the way I wanted. I just quit.
Stuff like that, level restrictions, and lack of diverse rooms is what is unfortunately going to kill the game again. Player numbers have already seemed to have taken a dip. Too many TSNE and RES rooms with a bunch of restrictions. The good rooms are usually dead or level locked. Finding a good 99 ticket TDM with DP, uniques, and no restrictions is rare.
Not only is that stuff killing the game, but so is most of the community of the shit talking, try hards. Who don't know how to shut the fuck up in the chatbox during game. They are the REAL kids. They are the ones who have driven most people away, and caused the reputation of this game to be worse than before.

I used to host a decent TDM lobby, with all the variety. I'd even take requests from people, back when I cared enough and had time to host. I'm not going to host a lobby like that just so players I don't want to play with, can join and disrespect me constantly.

There is no variety, it's always the same maps, someone always wants to kick someone from the game or harass them in some way. There are good rooms in the JP lobby once in a while, but you have to wait until 3AM PST to find them. I almost entirely try to avoid the regulars or the NA playerbase.

JP players typically let you play however you want (like you should be able to.) and they only kick you if you have a red ping, or are clearly cheating / talking shit.
~D.B.A.~
Batmantis-
Completely Undisclosed 2nd business name
Completely Undisclosed 3rd business name
FabioGTX

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm

the were only 88 player in the EU lobby last night wtf is happening to the community ??
BusterHarvey

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:21 am

Having TK on really helps balance grenades, I think. It's the same issue that plagues MGO3 - grenades are used too recklessly and the benefit is too great.
keijukaze

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:38 am

FabioGTX wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm
the were only 88 player in the EU lobby last night wtf is happening to the community ??
Probably tired of "getting kicked for friends etc". Thats one of the reasons I play maybe once a month its just annoying. You have people like solid who still cries like a kid on this shit.
FabioGTX

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm

the kick system should have been different like you'd need coupon to kick ... coupon you'd have to earn for hour you play people would have use them more proprely
FabioGTX

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:07 pm

send nudes !!
Zach_the_k1ller

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm

If i made a discord for finding people intersted in playing without rules would anyone be interested?
FabioGTX

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:21 pm

i'm in what are my favorite game type is tsne and sdm anyway just create what you wanna play im in anyway
FabioGTX

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:21 pm

i'm in what are my favorite game type is tsne and sdm anyway just create what you wanna play im in anyway
Dan

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm

My favorite mode is rescue, if you see >>RAGE<< or <<FLEX>> hosting a room it’s anything goes and only kick glitchers, I usually host a 12 man res room

I too would love to see the community grow so don’t let the bs get to you

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”