Hosts with rules!

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Sakonosolo

Re: Hosts with rules!

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 am

I agree with banning CQCEX. I hated that since it was introduced. But no rush is generally bullshit and basically means "I want to play TDM with stealth camo". I just quit a room where I grabbed the target after half the match was over (and I think half my team was dead) and someone tried to kick me for rushing. And nobody would answer me about how soon grabbing the target counted as rushing. These kinds of people legitimately ruin the game for me and they make up most of the rooms hosting TSNE. I think like you said GHz, no rushing basically means no playing the objective and not actually no rushing.

Another thing I find stupid is banning grenades from the defending team in TSNE but not the attacking team. So one side gets to spam grenades but not the other side.
iPlayNaked

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:46 am

Nades balance the mode (F.F. may be the exception)...otherwise you have to wait 4 mins for people to leave the house in M.M, get off the roof in U.U. or for them to come out of their spawn in B.B. and O.O. it is really not hard to avoid nades at all, they just rather not actually sneak.
Raiden482

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 am

SixthSensei wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:56 pm
I never understood 'unleashed ' tsne, when its possibly the room with the most restrictions you can find! Id like to think theyre being ironic, but i dont think they have the smarts to be so reflective. There is one guy called raiden 4892 or something who hosts no rules tsne, so look out for his games. Everything is enabled incl. AA, and rushing is allowed.

The reason why rushing is frowned upon is because if one guy goals very quickly, the game is over and the rest of his team dont get to do much. This is fine in a surv/tourn setting where the W is all that matters, but in freebattle, people are generally playing solo, and want to be able to flex their sneaking skills over the course of the 5/6 mins. If everybody played tsne by rushing the goal, the defending team would just camp the goal and games would be pretty dull and il guarantee you the population playing this game would half. Although, konami designed the mode in a certain way, the players have evolved it into a much more skilled gamemode that has given rise to its popularity over the years and still today.

Saying that, i dont agree with skill/weapon restrictions as thats just people with limited ability that dont know how to overcome people that dont play the same way they do, and in most games i play in you wont get kicked for slit/ex/box3?
Yep I try to host whenever I can, but if there's a ton of other TSNE games I typically don't bother.

I choose not to play the objective most of the time, and most people seem to not do that either, and that's fine. But if you want to play the objective then the defenders just have to deal with it lol. Most of the time games with the typical "no rush" rules always play out pretty similarly, so I don't see why some people think that "rushing" would lead to boring games, other than the fact that they can end before everyone dies.
Raiden482

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 am

iPlayNaked wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:46 am
Nades balance the mode (F.F. may be the exception)...otherwise you have to wait 4 mins for people to leave the house in M.M, get off the roof in U.U. or for them to come out of their spawn in B.B. and O.O. it is really not hard to avoid nades at all, they just rather not actually sneak.
Exactly, I don't see how THAT isn't boring, but yet somehow having a round or two out of every two or three whole games ending because someone grabbed an objective and made it all the way back to the point is.
Magnusfication

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm

I host TSNE games most of the time. Only rules I put up, is no red ping and only rush if ur last man or minute. I also turn of nades, magazines and AA as I feel like those things make the mode easier, not harder. Other than that all skills are allowed. If someone wants to waste all 4 skill slots tot cqc ex or slit, be my guest. I don't mind SV rules at all, just feel like with these few adjustments, make the gamemode more fun and more difficult. Defenders shouldnt be able to just lob a nade and hope for the best, nor shuld attackers mag camp corners or be able to AA knife u from the shadows, knifing should take skill.
The rushing thing is mostly to prevent every round from becoming a camp fest from the start.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 pm

No rush is the dumbest rule ever.
Sakonosolo

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Magnusfication wrote:
I host TSNE games most of the time. Only rules I put up, is no red ping and only rush if ur last man or minute. I also turn of nades, magazines and AA as I feel like those things make the mode easier, not harder. Other than that all skills are allowed. If someone wants to waste all 4 skill slots tot cqc ex or slit, be my guest. I don't mind SV rules at all, just feel like with these few adjustments, make the gamemode more fun and more difficult. Defenders shouldnt be able to just lob a nade and hope for the best, nor shuld attackers mag camp corners or be able to AA knife u from the shadows, knifing should take skill.
The rushing thing is mostly to prevent every round from becoming a camp fest from the start.
People really should stop using the term rush because 99% of the time that isn't what the rule is about. Even in your post you're not saying anything about "rushing" ie going directly for the objective (which is the point of the game mode anyway).
only rush if ur last man or minute
Playing the objective during the last minute of a 5 minute match or when you're the only person still alive is in no way rushing. And it's an objective based mode. You should be playing the objective and winning by killing everyone should be incidental in doing this. If you want to play TDM then play TDM. I don't know if there's any way to allow stealth camo or tranq pistol in TDM but if there is then there you go, there's what you want to play. If you for some reason don't want to play the objective then use a correct term for that like "no playing the objective" since that's what no rush actually means in most games where it's used.

If grenades are banned for defenders they should be banned from attackers too. That's a completely one sided rule and makes no sense. I also think it takes away from the asymmetry of the mode by gimping one side while leaving the other alone.
Camping at the objective, as in playing the objective. That's the whole point of the game mode, to protect the objective. "Camping" (defending the objective) happens with capture the flag modes too and that's completely fine because that's what the mode is about. There are two objectives in TSNE as well which splits the team up anyway and camping near the objective is likely to get you killed by people spamming smoke and stun grenades, or just sitting at a distance and shooting with the tranq pistol. I've played TSNE a lot and have never noticed an excess of camping (that ruins the game) in games where "rushing" isn't banned.
nlgpro81

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 am

If you're not a hardcore TSNE fan then you wouldn't understand xd
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:09 am

nlgpro81 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:12 am
If you're not a hardcore TSNE fan then you wouldn't understand xd
your not a real tsne fan because you have to make up rules to make it easier for you and not watch the target
iPlayNaked

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:30 am

Magnusfication wrote:
What your describing is "Stealth Team Deathmatch" not TSNE.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”