Hosts with rules!

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
tigerchitpile

Re: Hosts with rules!

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Gus wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:08 pm
I'm very sorry for this reply, I dont mean to cause any trouble or anything, but if you want to play "anything goes" then just join mix rooms. They play it like the good old survival or tournament modes. They have TSNE and RES and you can rush to win.

People like myself who mostly play a single game mode (TSNE, RES, etc) enjoy the game itself, so it's not about winning all the time. We wanna have fun. We want to get that nice stun head shot and get the kill afterwards and just laugh about it. Rushing the target is part of the game, sure, but it's 2017, do you really care that much about winning, after 9 years?

If we "defend" as you guys mentioned above, the game would be pretty much "camp to win" and would be a lot more difficult to get a single kill if you're not a super duper elite player (ok, that was too much but you get the point)

edit: if you really must win all the time, just kill/stun the entire team, like it's supposed to be (or grab gako at last second, for rescue)
Defending does not equal camping. You could secure the target than gradually move your defense circle outward, so the attacking team doesn't have a chance to set up on offensive. You could also split up the team having a couple players stay close to target and have a couple players run out and probe where the enemy team is, or it could be anything in between this. The restriction of no rush basically makes it so the defending team is guaranteed to rush in and get as many kills as they can because why even defend?

It is also not about winning, it is about playing the game how it is suppose to be played and if the game was suppose to be kill or stun everyone on the opposing team, then there would be no need for targets.

If you have to play this way to have fun, that is fine, but you have to realize that you are really limiting how everyone plays. Some people like to attack, some people like to play defensively, or maybe they just play it by ear depending on how the other team is playing.
KidBilly

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:21 pm

GHzGangster wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 pm
Honestly, with all options is how the game is meant to be played.
Defending the target is the objective of the mode, not killing the enemy team.

The whole idea of banning rushing (which most people confuse with "goaling") is absurd to me, it's just an excuse to not have to defend the target.
This is a game of rock, paper, scissors... you adapt to the enemy team and come up with a way to beat them.
It's more interesting when all options are on the table... will the other team rush this round, will they split up or group together, is someone going to be around this corner?

Most of the time, when I see these rules, I can tell straight away that it's to give the host an advantage in terms of their playstyle:
No rush (I don't defend), no CQC EX (I always try to scan), no QR3 (I can't kill the guy with it), no grenades (I love to camp).

For whatever reason, it's only these modes that people add all these arbitrary rules to -- maybe it's because they aren't as linear as other modes.
I truly believe that being able to counter all these options and playstyles makes you a more versatile, and overall better player. Otherwise, it's the same shit every day...

+1

Well said.

I'll just add, development teams, game designers, etc. spend a long time making these games. In MGO they created the gamemodes, skills, weapons, etc. They made the game as balanced and as fun as possible. I don't believe that making a game balanced is always obvious or simple. Any time you add your own rules to any game, you're messing with that balance.
Coast2Coast

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 am

It really annoys me how some hosts for certain modes create these strict guidelines of their own imagination, for everyone to follow and abide otherwise kik.

TBH its bs. rushing is a great tactic in TSNE or RES. Like, get in position as fast and safely as possible, wait at least 1 minute in, throw a chaff and grab the target. Drop it somewhere closer to the goal.... So it's just that much closer. It's nonsense waiting till the last minute / minute and a half to attempt capturing / rescuing a target, when the odd's end up being completely against you or your team. Think of it like a game of football, get that ball closer to the goal sooner rather than later! I understand getting annoyed at people who immediately just capture the target and bring it back to the goal, but still people are playing TSNE these days almost the same exact way dogpoop cloac and dagger was played in mgo3.

Plus, it's kinda hard to level if you don't make an effort to get yourself some points, (getting kicked for straight up nonsense related to capturing the target before said other player was allowed to.) and just let the same 1 or 2 people wait until they decide it's time to get the target and take over the game.

There also some people like this one dude "COPPER HEAD". This mofo accuses EVERYONE of LS, KS, KSA, Lag, RP, and immediately "ends game" before his team loses on occasion, before headlining the chatbox with wild accusations lmao.

We need more chill hosts who have very little to no specific rules, no player discrimination. And less players moaning and moaning about something they dislike.
~D.B.A.~
Batmantis-
Completely Undisclosed 2nd business name
Completely Undisclosed 3rd business name
BusterHarvey

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:41 am

It's frustrating, but you have to respect the host's guidelines, as stupid as they may be.
Even then though, a lot goes unspoken. Like kicking for using weapons that don't fit with their narrow scope of gameplay, such as shields or shotguns.

If they disabled them from being used, fair enough. I will always prefer a host with very lax rules, though.
Rushing restrictions I kind of get, but the better hosts are usually lenient about it (or wait until team thin out). THOUGH, the entire point is to defend, and it's not tremendously difficult to prevent someone capturing GA-KO or Kerotan. It's just that people like to play a very specific and tedious way each and every time, it's what makes these "XTREEEEEME!!!!TSNE" games so boring, especially in M.M.

I never got the problem with CQC EX or slitting either. CQC EX is not worth the amount of slots it uses up, you're actively doing yourself a disservice. Slitting is fine, if not generally proven to be a little glitchy (though to no great detriment to the game).
iPlayNaked

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Nah, these guys don't play TSNE/RES. They play Team Stealth death match and TDM with one life. Puts objective mode...takes away objective, makes sense.
Zach_the_k1ller

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Gus wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:08 pm
I'm very sorry for this reply, I dont mean to cause any trouble or anything, but if you want to play "anything goes" then just join mix rooms. They play it like the good old survival or tournament modes. They have TSNE and RES and you can rush to win.

People like myself who mostly play a single game mode (TSNE, RES, etc) enjoy the game itself, so it's not about winning all the time. We wanna have fun. We want to get that nice stun head shot and get the kill afterwards and just laugh about it. Rushing the target is part of the game, sure, but it's 2017, do you really care that much about winning, after 9 years?

If we "defend" as you guys mentioned above, the game would be pretty much "camp to win" and would be a lot more difficult to get a single kill if you're not a super duper elite player (ok, that was too much but you get the point)

edit: if you really must win all the time, just kill/stun the entire team, like it's supposed to be (or grab gako at last second, for rescue)
you get kicked even in the mixed rooms.
isaiahmgo15

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 am

why do people have all these rules on a dead game? not like stats matter and as far as kicking people for skills such as cqc ex? petty as f like really its a revived game licky theres people even playing people surprise me on a 9yr old game
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Coast2Coast wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 am
There also some people like this one dude "COPPER HEAD". This mofo accuses EVERYONE of LS, KS, KSA, Lag, RP, and immediately "ends game" before his team loses on occasion, before headlining the chatbox with wild accusations lmao.
That's kinda funny. I remember he did that stuff on the original server.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Revy

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 am

Even though I don't like tsne I feel like making a room called "LEASHED_TSNE" with everything available. Kinda ironic.
Best Decoy EU
SixthSensei

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:56 pm

I never understood 'unleashed ' tsne, when its possibly the room with the most restrictions you can find! Id like to think theyre being ironic, but i dont think they have the smarts to be so reflective. There is one guy called raiden 4892 or something who hosts no rules tsne, so look out for his games. Everything is enabled incl. AA, and rushing is allowed.

The reason why rushing is frowned upon is because if one guy goals very quickly, the game is over and the rest of his team dont get to do much. This is fine in a surv/tourn setting where the W is all that matters, but in freebattle, people are generally playing solo, and want to be able to flex their sneaking skills over the course of the 5/6 mins. If everybody played tsne by rushing the goal, the defending team would just camp the goal and games would be pretty dull and il guarantee you the population playing this game would half. Although, konami designed the mode in a certain way, the players have evolved it into a much more skilled gamemode that has given rise to its popularity over the years and still today.

Saying that, i dont agree with skill/weapon restrictions as thats just people with limited ability that dont know how to overcome people that dont play the same way they do, and in most games i play in you wont get kicked for slit/ex/box3?

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”