Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
sergio1904

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am

Morning all,

As we all know mgo has some pretty buggy aspects of it even in 2017 when most people have decent net.

I don't know about you but I'm sick of hearing people cry get off 96, this is so laggy the frame rate is shit etc etc.

So I'm looking for 11 people to conduct an experiment with me. I'll host on 512 as I always do and for 11 other people to join my host and provide video evidence of them entering the room on 512 so every member is on 512 for a fact and see how the game plays.

Depending on the outcome we can once and for all out to bed the cries of 96k or we could conclude that the vast majority of people use 96 if we so find out that's it's a much better experience.

Obviously this is just for a bit of fun and curiosity so ping me back on here with your details if it interests you too

Cheers
JC
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 512

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 am

seems like a great idea, good luck!
Xoda94

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello !

It's ok for me, i have 3 friends who can be ok too. :)
sergio1904

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Great I'll round up a few others and then propose a time and date on here
SONOMAMASHINE

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:25 pm

i have one question, how can you know that ppl joining your room for the experiment are on 512 ????
you cant , thats why this is useless, and you need to know that ppl are not using 96k for the kicks there is a reason so good luck proving nothing
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 pm

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
i have one question, how can you know that ppl joining your room for the experiment are on 512 ????
you cant , thats why this is useless, and you need to know that ppl are not using 96k for the kicks there is a reason so good luck proving nothing
The idea would be that the volunteers that are specifically volunteering their involvement would be on 512 and not there just to muck things up. This experiment is similar to the original NA only 512 passworded rooms in the beginning of the Revival, and the video I had previously detailing the effects of 96k, which despite a couple thousand views nobody gave a shit.

The fact of the matter is, lowering your upload gives an unfair advantage, as it always has, and the effects of it are to a greater extent due to the server now being more international than ever. But until Ghz decides to remove it, everybody else gets to deal with it.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
SONOMAMASHINE

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:24 pm

my point is still valid there is no way you can know what people are playing on, some people just wanna join a room to play because everything is full lol
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:19 pm

i play on 192. 512 has so much bullet sponge i cant hit anything
SuperSaiyanGAKO

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 pm

president trump wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 pm
SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
The idea would be that the volunteers that are specifically volunteering their involvement would be on 512 and not there just to muck things up. This experiment is similar to the original NA only 512 passworded rooms in the beginning of the Revival, and the video I had previously detailing the effects of 96k, which despite a couple thousand views nobody gave a shit.

The fact of the matter is, lowering your upload gives an unfair advantage, as it always has, and the effects of it are to a greater extent due to the server now being more international than ever. But until Ghz decides to remove it, everybody else gets to deal with it.
Do you still have the video? I'd be interested to see how substantial of an impact it actually has. The fact of the matter is, allowing people to choose their own upload speeds was an obviously poor decision by the devs as well as having the highest upload only being 512 when most people had at least 5x that upload when the game launched. it would be awesome if something could be changed in the game that allowed higher upload speeds, though I'm not sure if it's possible or how much improvement in game quality it would actually cause.
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:20 am

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:24 pm
my point is still valid there is no way you can know what people are playing on, some people just wanna join a room to play because everything is full lol
You're missing the point. I could volunteer for this right now, and if I did, why would I go in there on anything but 512? Unless being a disruptive clown is my intention, that would completely defeat the purpose of not only me volunteering my time, but the experiment altogether. All this guy is asking for is a few people to play on 512 and record the experience. He'll probably password it to keep the clowns out.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote: i play on 192. 512 has so much bullet sponge i cant hit anything
That's not it works.
SuperSaiyanGAKO wrote: Do you still have the video? I'd be interested to see how substantial of an impact it actually has. The fact of the matter is, allowing people to choose their own upload speeds was an obviously poor decision by the devs as well as having the highest upload only being 512 when most people had at least 5x that upload when the game launched. it would be awesome if something could be changed in the game that allowed higher upload speeds, though I'm not sure if it's possible or how much improvement in game quality it would actually cause.
I do, but it's just a video exemplifying the lag effects caused by 96k and other low uploads. It showcases bodytwisting, turbofire, the increased frequency of lag nades (no longer relevant on v1.36), the increased frequency of lag rolls, and other animations that become abusive or glitched, etc. I had made it as part of the community effort here to get it removed last time.

The obvious advantage of it is the body displacement, the difference from where you are on your screen in relation to another player's screen, which causes the sponging, and the ability to use it to glitch your animations. Now it's not always 96k, sometimes it's lag, and sometimes it really is just MGO-lag (animation lag), but 96k makes it all much more apparent when you do stuff like stand from prone and shoot somebody really fast; sometimes they won't even see that happen until they're dead. Or everybody's favorite, when somebody is coming out from behind a wall (and when they're lit up with SOP that is the icing on top), and they kill you before coming around the corner. Although on their screen they were just a little further ahead of their body and that's how they got you, this is extremely annoying. Advantages like that, and frequency of lag rolls (something I'm even more adept at on a lower upload) can really make a difference.

There was a good post on mgo2.com somewhere back in the day that delved into the science of it and described how many fps advantage and stuff it gave, how 96'ers appeared faster since you had less time to see their actions and whatnot. Not sure if the site or the post is still around these days though.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”