My Official Resignation

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
User avatar
president trump
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 am

Re: My Official Resignation

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:13 pm

I'm not going to take the bait and digress into a rant as to why ACE wasn't allowed in my rooms. The majority of your posts are filled with those little shots that are really doing nothing more than distracting us from the real topic; The only topic that's actually worthwhile to discuss right now. However, to justify myself, I will say that ACE was a known 96 abuser and couldn't get a full ping in my room. He lagged so bad I thought he was EU before doing an IP address lookup for his country. Now, if he has a valid excuse for that, it still wouldn't make him exempt from my room restrictions. The fact of the matter is that I wouldn't have paid him any mind if he played fair.

As for your claim I was abusing command kicks, I will not reiterate my response to you thrice over.

The real issue here remains.

By what reasoning does Ghz think Gen and Dio and suitable leaders for the community? They're far from upstanding members, in all regards. And by Gen's own posts, he himself has further shone the light upon Dio and given us considerable reason for concern. Dio's hands are just as dirty as Gen's when it comes screwing the community over, specifically glitching, DDOSing, and the unprovoked deletion of several players' characters which he had access to on the old server. Thus if the decision Ghz is making, for the community, is not based in any part on trust, honor, contributions, experience, respectability, or merit, then of what? And why these people? Why now? If Ghz will not participate in this discussion, it thereby necessitates that he makes a public statement explaining his reasoning and justifying this decision to the community. Because I have not seen one single good reason why these two should be trusted, or deserve a position of power in the first place.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Windalgo
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Romulus2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm
Really? Then give everyone that feature. If not, doesn't abuse your power.

I agree, everybody should have the feature-- and everybody did during the first weeks of CFW didn't they? I was under the impression anybody could use the command, it was just gensnake was the first non-dev to be told about it.
Romulus2000
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:15 pm

Windalgo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 pm
Romulus2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm
Really? Then give everyone that feature. If not, doesn't abuse your power.

I agree, everybody should have the feature-- and everybody did during the first weeks of CFW didn't they? I was under the impression anybody could use the command, it was just gensnake was the first non-dev to be told about it.
No. They shouldn't. What's going to stop a host from kicking someone because he's doing well in a match? Or because the host doesn't like a player for whatever reason. Or because someone is using CQC and mags. Nothing. Giving that ability to this community will make it worse.
SONOMAMASHINE
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Romulus2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:15 pm
Windalgo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 pm
Romulus2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm
Really? Then give everyone that feature. If not, doesn't abuse your power.

I agree, everybody should have the feature-- and everybody did during the first weeks of CFW didn't they? I was under the impression anybody could use the command, it was just gensnake was the first non-dev to be told about it.
No. They shouldn't. What's going to stop a host from kicking someone because he's doing well in a match? Or because the host doesn't like a player for whatever reason. Or because someone is using CQC and mags. Nothing. Giving that ability to this community will make it worse.
i agree, people take things personal and is understand that its normal (you may dislike that person or whatever reason), the only way to prevent that is by a vote .
leave it as it is
User avatar
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contact:
Location: Ontario
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:37 am

Windalgo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:11 pm
Romulus2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm
Really? Then give everyone that feature. If not, doesn't abuse your power.

I agree, everybody should have the feature-- and everybody did during the first weeks of CFW didn't they? I was under the impression anybody could use the command, it was just gensnake was the first non-dev to be told about it.
I found out because I had one of those no name guys come in my room glitching and I messaged ghz and he told me how to command kick
User avatar
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contact:
Location: Ontario
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:43 am

president trump wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:13 pm
I'm not going to take the bait and digress into a rant as to why ACE wasn't allowed in my rooms. The majority of your posts are filled with those little shots that are really doing nothing more than distracting us from the real topic; The only topic that's actually worthwhile to discuss right now. However, to justify myself, I will say that ACE was a known 96 abuser and couldn't get a full ping in my room. He lagged so bad I thought he was EU before doing an IP address lookup for his country. Now, if he has a valid excuse for that, it still wouldn't make him exempt from my room restrictions. The fact of the matter is that I wouldn't have paid him any mind if he played fair.

As for your claim I was abusing command kicks, I will not reiterate my response to you thrice over.

The real issue here remains.

By what reasoning does Ghz think Gen and Dio and suitable leaders for the community? They're far from upstanding members, in all regards. And by Gen's own posts, he himself has further shone the light upon Dio and given us considerable reason for concern. Dio's hands are just as dirty as Gen's when it comes screwing the community over, specifically glitching, DDOSing, and the unprovoked deletion of several players' characters which he had access to on the old server. Thus if the decision Ghz is making, for the community, is not based in any part on trust, honor, contributions, experience, respectability, or merit, then of what? And why these people? Why now? If Ghz will not participate in this discussion, it thereby necessitates that he makes a public statement explaining his reasoning and justifying this decision to the community. Because I have not seen one single good reason why these two should be trusted, or deserve a position of power in the first place.
I haven't seen a good reason for you to be an admin. Abusing cmd kick for no reason. Telling people to leave games to join your shitty server. Closing other rescue rooms so players join yours. Cmd kicking people out MY rooms then locking it so you can personally join. Smh storm just stop bud.

Ghz doesn't want to get involved. This is about you, your ego got stuck down when he said he was needing a bigger team and not just passing it to you.
User avatar
president trump
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 am

Re: My Official Resignation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:47 am

Gen-Snake wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:43 am
I haven't seen a good reason for you to be an admin. Abusing cmd kick for no reason. Telling people to leave games to join your shitty server. Closing other rescue rooms so players join yours. Cmd kicking people out MY rooms then locking it so you can personally join. Smh storm just stop bud.

Ghz doesn't want to get involved. This is about you, your ego got stuck down when he said he was needing a bigger team and not just passing it to you.
And here you go again, repeatedly trying to equate yourself to me and trying to discredit me rather than providing any sort of feasible defense for why you should be given anything. The only point I've been making this entire time remains unaddressed by Ghz, and unrefuted by his new lackey. You repeat empty accusations like "abusing cmd" when I've repeatedly explained to you how I never abused it, and even countered that it was you that abused it. However, let me further point out to you that I'm not the one up for an admin position, you are. Tell the community why the hell you deserve it, not why you don't think I did.

Furthermore, if your argument is going to devolve into an irrelevant "trumpf a shitty admin cuz he do a global server msg to advertise res room", then by your own simple definition Ghz is a shitty admin too. Ghz also did server messages and locked rooms to get in. Now as much as I want Ghz involved in the discussion, as much as the next player, I don't want him brought in here just to defend that petty nonsense. So let me put it to you this way: I didn't do anything Ghz didn't do, and everything I did Ghz was aware of, was made aware of, or was able to check, which as we know, he did. So cease that foolishness. I administrated this game with a complete transparency with him. Nothing I did as administrator of SaveMGO was a factor in my decision to resign, let's get that straight. I resigned because Ghz wrongly allowed a glitcher to continue playing, and he wants to give MGO2R, which we both invested three years into growing, to the least deserving, most untrustworthy members of the community, based off nothing. That. Is. Wrong. The GhzGangster I worked for did two things well: Worked hard to ban glitching pieces of shit, and keep them banned. And put forth pure outsider-level non-partisanship to all his decisions. The direction he has now chosen to take made it necessary for me to discontinue my contributions, and end my administrative involvement.

Additionally, I want to add it was just a day or two ago somebody did a server message for their shitty mix. "Lightning Theif" or some such name ring a bell? Because you're saying it's only wrong when I do it, and that's nothing more than your own personal bias asserting a double-standard. Another trait no real administrator should have, obviously.

The community needs, and wholly deserves, a reasonable response and explanation from Ghz concerning his decision for the new administrative team. I express this demand on behalf of the community. The community received no announcement regarding this new team, and no statement has been put forth addressing the security and privacy concerns, which affects all members of the community. They should be made aware of the unsavory (former?) criminals he has promoted that now have access to their e-mail addresses, PS3 MAC addresses, and IP addresses.

A decision like this clearly necessitates a response and the Head Administrator's involvement.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
SONOMAMASHINE
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:04 am

guys stop this beef will never end, let see what the future holds. (people change)
and remember its a video game, we are here to play a game and have fun.
User avatar
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contact:
Location: Ontario
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: My Official Resignation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:04 am
guys stop this beef will never end, let see what the future holds. (people change)
and remember its a video game, we are here to play a game and have fun.
He keeps coming at me. What would you have me do?
This dude ego is sore he's angry and aggressive.
drakedogma
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:57 am

Re: My Official Resignation

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am

I am reminded of Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain by reading this. Retaliation after retaliation, anger and resentment building up like debt, does no man have what it takes to be like Venom or the Boss and put your gun down? Has Kojima taught us nothing?

Also, I kinda side on the idea that Konami was going to shut down the servers in 3-4 years and not keep it up for 10 years. The game had on average 500 people and why would someone say something like "We planned to have it for 3 years but extended it for 4 years" Seems unnecessary to add the detail. Kojima was moving on to bigger and better things like Peace Walker and i'm sure his team had no time to deal with a online game with 500 people on average sadly.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme