MGO2R - Official Ban Thread

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

MGO2R - Official Ban Thread

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Please report and discuss any and all cheaters, glitchers, hackers, exploiters or anything else that warrants a ban.

Current Bans:

Player: "Muh Ow Gin" - Permanent ban for cheating

--

Player: "S-Maojin-HFox" - Ban upgraded to indefinite for bypassing the current ban system after being reported and banned for the following footage,

https://youtu.be/Mg8rtXvkQZo?t=7744

This is a clear and intentional violation of the rules and expectations the SaveMGO administration has for the community. I have superseded the warning GhzGangster has given this player, and although in typical cases such as this, where single-strike permanent bans are the norm, the SaveMGO administration has only issued a temporary ban. This is an effort at leniency, as I continue my investigation into this incident.

--
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
Advent Chaos

Re: MGO2R - Official Ban Thread

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 am

I'm very happy to see this and while I don't necessarily agree that a temporary ban (let alone warning) is the best course of action taken, I hope that the community will learn and understand that with the revival of MGO2 doesn't mean it's ok to bring back its' worst of times where cheaters ran rampant for so long.

Thank you so much for the dedication and attention you've put into the banning and investigation process, it is very much appreciated.
Cjaxx

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:45 pm

There is only one course of action to take with anyone who is still glitching on mgo in 2017. And that's a permanent ban. Don't you dare start this softie bullshit. Let me make myself absolutely clear. If they glitch, permanent ban. If they do much as have a wet dream about glitching, permanent ban. If they glitch, permanent ban their ENTIRE friend list. If they glitch and a non-glitching players don't battle royal to see who can kick them from the game the fastest, permanent ban them too. If they glitch in any way at all ban their bloodline; the entirety of their ancestry, ban their existence, PERMANENTLY. If someone so much as mentions the word glitching too much in one sitting, you permanent ban their ass. If you allow any glitcher to take you and this game for a ride, permanently ban yourself trump/Ghz. That is exactly the attitude you should have with glitchers
president trump

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Player: S-Maojin-HFox - Ban upgraded to indefinite for bypassing the current ban system after being banned yesterday. The investigation also revealed him to indeed be the player "Hideo Fox", who created this character and this account specifically for glitching.

Characters using the "Maojin" moniker are no longer acceptable as character names. I have removed all existing instances of these names. SaveMGO is not an outlet for glitchers to relive their MGO2 & MGO3 fantasies.

Further circumvention may result in disciplinary action taken against his friends that have registered the other "Maojin" glitcher names. This administration will not tolerate intentional cheating whatsoever. Explicit violations will result in punishment. Circumvention of this punishment will be met with a response of increased severity.
Cjaxx

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:04 pm

president trump wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 pm
Player: S-Maojin-HFox - Ban upgraded to indefinite for bypassing the current ban system after being banned yesterday. The investigation also revealed him to indeed be the player "Hideo Fox", who created this character and this account specifically for glitching.

Characters using the "Maojin" moniker are no longer acceptable as character names. I have removed all existing instances of these names. SaveMGO is not an outlet for glitchers to relive their MGO2 & MGO3 fantasies.

Further circumvention may result in disciplinary action taken against his friends that have registered the other "Maojin" glitcher names. This administration will not tolerate intentional cheating whatsoever. Explicit violations will result in punishment. Circumvention of this punishment will be met with a response of increased severity.
Now that's how it's fucking done. Bravo Admin trump. Put your foot down! It's 2017 ffs
president trump

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:24 am

I've been urged to reiterate exactly what the administration's stance is on the current situation after my brief posts on Discord. Allow me to clarify.

Hideo Fox has been banned for glitching, this is a fact. He was recorded cheating in a matter that leaves no uncertainty. His "claim" that this was a "glitch room" is invalid. These so called "glitch rooms" are not recognized if the possibility exists for legitimate players to enter the room and record them. You should be in a private Combat Training, with the player count limited to 1:1 the amount of players entering, or a passworded room in Free Battle. While we will not try to dictate and monitor what goes on in private rooms, publicly the only "glitching" rooms we allow are map glitches. You do not just put up an open room in Free Battle called "lol hax", where anyone can join, and then subject them to lagswitching, mao, lipan/lipex, etc. Nevertheless, the footage recorded by gen-$nake was in a Mix room hosted by Google°.

Furthermore, players are allowed one account per PS3. Hideo Fox violated this rule twice. The first time when he created another Maojin account specifically for glitching, though he was of course subsequently recorded. The second time was after his accounts were banned, and he disregarded the administration's leniency and again violated our account rules and circumvented his punishment for glitching.

That's one strike for cheating and two more strikes for the account and ban bypassing. That's three.

Because Hideo Fox is not smart enough on his own to bypass the current system, I have no doubt he was aided by the other players using the "Maojin" name. However, although the administration is not particularly concerned with these names, clearly there is an inclination to cheating, and disrespectful conduct proven by the other Maojin players' attempts to threaten the administration with "player impersonations", "further cheating and misconduct", and the "releasing of sensitive information regarding the security measures in place".

The latter threat of course implies they have knowledge of the ban system, and therefore indicates the likelihood that they've colluded with Hideo Fox to make trouble for the administration and the MGO2R community.

On a final note, it should be mentioned that GhzGangster disagrees with the enforcement of the name ban, but I will continue to delete or rename those characters as I see them.

The SaveMGO administration enforces very few rules but we enforce them very strictly. We have expectations for this community and we hold players accountable for their actions. Please respect our decisions and continue to play the game legitimately. There is no need for nonsense when we're all here to have fun.
president trump

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:48 am

Yes, though I wouldn't be surprised if he has also bypassed the system since being banned.
Advent Chaos

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 am

president trump wrote:

On a final note, it should be mentioned that GhzGangster disagrees with the enforcement of the name ban, but I will continue to delete or rename those characters as I see them.
I understand his sentiment, but given their willingness to defy administration and make everyone have a shit of a time, I think the name ban is (unfortunately) necessary.

"This is why we can't have nice things" is all too true now. Again thank you for your hard work and willingness to take these matters urgently. Some of the most disappointing memories of the original MGO2 run were the lack of administration and action taken by Konami back then. Seeing this active enforcement is amazing and inspiring.
MobiusOne

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 am

president trump wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:48 am
Yes, though I wouldn't be surprised if he has also bypassed the system since being banned.
I just don't understand why assholes like this come back to a dead game just for the soul purpose of hacking, cheating, ect. Thank you Trump for enforcing theses rules. We need to build a wall to keep the cheaters out. But i do have a question about the rules. Is shitalking people going to have any penalty, what circumstances are acceptable and what is not? Because we can't have butthurt people cry wolf on shitalk while the real threat of cheating still plagues the community. Will being an asshole ( not that I would ) to an admin result in a ban while the same circumstance to a regular member will not. I just wan't some pointers if I find myself in a situation where I need to be an asshole in response to someone else being a faggot and not get penalised for just defending myself . Thank you for Your hard work on keeping us posted on MGO.
Jayveer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 am

president trump wrote:
This is like The Patriots overthrowing Zero, what monster have you created GHz.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”