I'm so sad! Everyplayer has a perfect aim :-(

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
DIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm so sad! Everyplayer has a perfect aim :-(

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 pm

The frames on MGO always drop if there's more than 12 players in the room and if you're on certain maps with a lot of particle effects. Like RR with all the water and FF. Smaller maps that don't have a lot going on are some of the smoother maps like BB.
president trump
Former President of SaveMGO

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 pm

As Dio said, any amount over 12 will cause the room to suffer, which is why I absolutely despise any sort of serious room being hosted over 12. The more experienced players, like myself, are attuned enough to notice this difference. If it's a bum TDM it's not a big deal, but experienced hosts should know better.

Additionally, the host's connection, upload, and your connection to them will factor in to the quality of the room.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
M4Custom

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 pm

I actually find that when the host lags, i get a slight advantage. ( Less HS flinch+Extra ms to pull an extra hs or two) Just my 10 cents.
:!: PSN/TwitchTv: LiLsMiTtY33
:!: Old Clan: Da Goonies
:!: PC: (m)4 Çú$tØ(m)
ZireaelCiri

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello ! During my MGO2 Official Servers days, I was average (Lvl 15 B+) but I got above (Lvl 16 BB+ when i had to stop) after I started to play against top players on "DM only HS". Since only HS were allowed, it gave me the habit to always aim for the head. I was still not good enough to be a top player but my aim got waaaaaaay better without a doubt.

Now, I don't have acces to the beta right now and I don't know what kind of games are actually in the game but my point is: play against better player, when every mistake is punishable, you'll learn (step by step) to do less and less mistakes.
johnny_dive

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:42 am

AsM4Real wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:55 pm
glad that you mentioned that, because that's what i've been noticing watching those youtube highlights. Every video looks so nice and smooth but when I play I get this horrible fps drop. I got a used PS3 as well from gamestop
A last thing I noticed - and this affect A LOT close quarter combat - it's that many user headshot my character
aiming at 2 or 3 m of distance from its position, on left or right. :cry:
I think this is a generic Mgo2 game issue, not related to the revival
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
johnny_dive

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 am

A pair of interesting video found on the tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yps9AEs98Q
;D

and this guy 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilDIuZ0E84
This second should be useful, but it's the theory. It didn't worked for me.
Also, I have often a cam rotating slower, or at low FPS then so.

:arrow: My issue is that I get a "torso-aimin" from camera, and then need a re-aim on "shoulder-cam"
to the head to get headshot.
It's a bad habit taken on MGS PW VS, another "MGO" where camera was more precise, and this was possible.
The medium level of player was lower, and the gameplay more relaxed.
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
Romulus2000

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:55 pm

president trump wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 pm
As Dio said, any amount over 12 will cause the room to suffer, which is why I absolutely despise any sort of serious room being hosted over 12. The more experienced players, like myself, are attuned enough to notice this difference. If it's a bum TDM it's not a big deal, but experienced hosts should know better.

Additionally, the host's connection, upload, and your connection to them will factor in to the quality of the room.
The strange thing is that it wasn't always like that. A 16 player room would hold up pretty well in the games first few months. GG would play smooth, now I dread that map along with the other laggy maps which are mostly from the expansions.
Romulus2000

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:02 am

KidBilly wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:04 pm
  • +1 what president trump said. I used to keep my speeds on 8-10-10-10.
  • +1 for keeping your aim at head level. It's a bit uncomfortable at first, but I remember when I decided to make this change.
Also, a important rule is keep moving. If you're in a gun fight with someone, don't stop for longer than enough to shoot once or twice. Then move, crouch, try again. And practice using the box as a fast way to get into crouch position. This means pressing L2 twice equipping and quickly un-equipping the box (this will require you to change items to "toggle mode" in the settings".
I used to have them all at 7s back in the day. Did pretty well.
I used the same in the current beta. Nope. Wasn't having it. Way to slow for me. Maybe it's because I'm used to Rainbow Six Siege's faster aiming, so I switched it back to all 10s. I'm doing pretty alright with that setting.
newgroundsguru

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:03 am

Why does it lag so bad? Will this be fixed or will all games just always be set to 12?
MGO2(original) - SolidWal

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”