Favorite MGO2 Memory?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Mr Reaper

Re: Favorite MGO2 Memory?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:25 pm

drakedogma wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 am
Just the camaraderie among various friends, which is why I kinda wish there were more people joining and why the word must be spread for more people to play MGO till the end of time
I believe with time, more and more people will become aware of the OFW MGO2R and will be joining , but of course, all this can happen faster if we spread the word!
The List Has no End. Fear the Reaper.
The 22nd

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:06 pm

My favorite memory was when everyone got back from the 2month PSN hack. It was like a giant family reunion.
Kreeperskid

Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:23 pm

I agree. Everyone was so happy to get back to playing. The first game I played when PSN came back online had everyone screaming because they were so happy. Too bad it wasn't that good in MGS5
FearlessML

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 am

My main favorite memory would have to be when my team and I humiliated a notorious lag-switcher named Killerclowngurl. Though she had just as bad a reputation as Darksider or Melissa Mao, she was also the clumsiest. I managed to sneak to their spot (it was on MM, so you pretty much only had 2 spots to pull off the CQC glitch) broke up their glitch and took both her and her partner out. I had 2 partners scoping the area and we shot whoever tried to get back into area, and believe me she kept trying, we also had 1 or 2 mates guarding the other glitch spot. We managed to pull out a victory, which was rare because many of you may know, Survival was primarily populated by glitchers, and we managed to eliminate one.
Mrs. Scabtree on MGO2
BusterHarvey

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 am

There are too many to count, but this one just popped into my memory.

It was the final round of 200 RWD TSNE match, but the enemy was winning by a hair's length when it came to points. It was very close, the only way to win would to have successfully returned GA-KO to our base in Groznyj Grad.

All but one of the enemy team had been killed, and success was on me and my teammates' shoulders. My teammate grabbed GA-KO and made his run, but the foe came in hot pursuit.

I tailed the enemy with CQC 3 equipped, so I grabbed him, disarmed him of his primary weapon and held him still while my teammate could run to the goal.

Unfortunately he broke free, and continued his pursuit of my ally. I managed to once again grab him and took his side arm, too, leaving him fully unarmed, besides his knife. There was no way he could target my ally at this distance.

From then on, all I could do was avoid his physical attacks until my teammate reached the goal. He did, and we won the full thing, was satisfying as hell.

The hair trigger, box popping playstyle is all well and good, but sometimes it is so nice to play in a more unconventional way.
MobiusOne

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 am

There are a few that come to my mind. But a great one is at a start of an Urban Ultimatium TSNE. I was was on attacking, got a SVD and pretty much sniped everyone across from our building to the other getting a couple of headshots even. For some reason pretty much all of the sneaking team decided to camp on that other building making it easy to pick them off as you can see their floating gun and knife. All I needed to do was line up where there head oughta be. We won easily after hunting down one person who escaped.
SinisterLion

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:18 pm

I've got a couple.

In the original run, I was well into CAP, my favourite mode. This one game on BB, I was in overwatch position of the enemy goal (or camping, call it what you will!). I was on the raised metal platforms providing suppressing fire and this guy found my position, and kept coming after me with CQC. I quickly got his number though, one time baiting him with an exposed back, but with my camera pointed at him, I got an insta head shot. He comes after me again, this time I arm a grenade, back facing him, he grabs me and the grenade drops, blowing us both up. I got the kill on him and only just survived!

Another memory is an auto matching team death match for rwd points. It was for like 200 rwd or something, and if you got a draw, both sides pocketed the reward. It was at FF, and both sides where imploring the other to sit the game out for a draw. I knew better than to trust these randoms though, I wanted that rwd for myself! So, I wait to see what the enemy do, and they start killing my teammates, so I spring into action. Killing all I see, I virtually win the game single handed. I'm no 'pro', but that game, those guys couldn't even touch me.
SnakeEater34

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Playing games of prison. best memories i have by far. I hope prison becomes a thing again once OFW is released.
I can't wait to get back on MGO2 after 5 years without it and do what I did best on it, make no progress in life!
newgroundsguru

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 pm

To be honest just playing with my friend! We would work on skills or set up traps. We would call each other and talk outside of the chat so we can communicate after death and get some revenge! :3
Cjaxx

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Playing the damn game.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”