Favorite MGO2 Memory?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
HaroldFinch

Favorite MGO2 Memory?

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:36 am

I'm sure a thread like this might have come up before in the past. But with the launch of OFW coming sometime in the near future, I figured it would be nice if everyone got together to share their favorite memories of MGO2. If it's the OG MGO2 or the current revival of MGO2, it doesn't matter. If you have a memory you'd like to share, feel free to share it with everyone.

I personally never got the chance to play MGO2. I got my PS3 and MGS4 only a matter of months after MGO2 shut down. I'm eagerly awaiting the OFW release myself so I can finally play what I missed out on. I spent several hours watching old MGO2 videos and enjoying it, so when I heard about the revival I had considered getting a CFW console. Never went through with it and the memory of MGO2 kinda faded for a bit. But when I heard that we're straight up getting an OFW release, I was pumped. So to all you vets and current players out there, feel free to share your favorite memories of the current (and old) MGO2.

"This is prepawsterous! …Or something like that."
world_lukka

Re: Favorite MGO2 Memory?

Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm

This is a bad memory...

In the time of MGO2 I played a lot of times, then I wanted to switch my HDD to one with more capacity, obviously I formatted and restored the PS3 but FOR SOME F**"*** reason, when I wanted to play MGO again it said something like "Your account cannot be linked to the PS3. PS3 already in use" (tf). I had to purchase a "Character slot" when in my entire life I played with only one character (dk how many it costs, I remember like 20 usd).

I didn't knew why konami was trolling me with that, I didn't want to know either :/

EDiT: Yeah, Ty XxAsunaxX now I remember, the slot was $2.99, and for the other $17 I purchased scene+meme packs and a voice pack 🤣 Wasn't so terrible at all 🤣
Last edited by world_lukka on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxAsunaxX

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm

world_lukka wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm
This is a bad memory...

In the time of MGO2 I played a lot of times, then I wanted to switch my HDD to one with more capacity, obviously I formatted and restored the PS3 but FOR SOME F**"*** reason, when I wanted to play MGO again it said something like "Your account cannot be linked to the PS3. PS3 already in use" (tf). I had to purchase a "Character slot" when in my entire life I played with only one character (dk how many it costs, I remember like 20 usd).

I didn't knew why konami was trolling me with that, I didn't want to know either :/
FeelsBad :/

Character slots weren't 20, there were like 3 for each slot.
LoganBerry

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:12 pm

@world_lukka Yeah, that happened to me whenever I wanted to log into a friend's ps3, Guess it was so Konami could cut down on smurfing, little did they know people would be buying new ps3s and accounts to keep glitching lol.

But if I had to choose a good memory to share, I'd have to say there was this one prison games where literally everyone was on point with just being humorous. To a point where I managed to get the glory "16 boxes sitting g in a train row" shot and idk, I feel like that match really sums up why I have so much stupid fun in MGO.
KingFleaswallow

Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Great Memories are often the good ones
Like winning 28 games consecutive in survival pushing each other to do the best, seeing friends doing great the whole 3 hours strenghens the Clan also
(28 isn't the best you can do, but we didn't rush it)
Or getting 12 kills in one round of TDM (Counter for the whole team is 20, leaving me with the biggest amount of points i have seen in a TDM Survival match)
Or single handedly taking over a top clan in turny or survival RescueMission, after your whole team got extinguished :shock:

I remember the moment i won a turny, i was in a team with people that allready won a lot of turnys, i was super excited and remember that i was avoiding hits like never before, resulted in securing corners and going out of each round with a plus for the team (intense heartbeats whenever i moved) :)

There are many moments to remember and maps also! Each time i cross the corners of any maps, i remember the thousand times i got killed or killed anyone there and how it happened.
U.U. and the local ladder defending in TSNK, noone did it like me 8-)

Lerning new tricks from friends "who mostly play these 2on2 B.B." were super exciting.
They came back with new tricks we trained together :)
Everything is a big memory cluster whenever i think about MGO.
If you can see me... one of us is in a big trouble
president trump
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 am

I don't have a memory to specify but I like to think that every memory of old MGO is my favorite, excluding the drama, glitching and DDOS experiences of course. MGO was quite a special thing back in the day, for many people.
CjaxxTemenNiGru

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 am

Playing it
Schwarbird

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:03 am

One time I got to deathloop Vamp. Vamp just respawned right where he died so I got to deathloop him like 50 times in a row. While we're on the topic of deathlooping, a few times I got to deathloop my teammates and it was amazing every time.

Me and a buddy guessed the password of a boosting game and the host was idle. He had the tickets set to 99 and so he got to die 99 times in his boosting room.
MomoMGO

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:12 am

If I have to choose a single moment in my MGO experience, I would say..

I remember,( I don't remember exactly what was the event, but) it was a week of Anniversary where the rewards were boosted. Me and my team went playing for our 6th month together, and as we weren't amazing players in solo in other teams, we were destroying as a team. Everyone had their own skills, and we were beasting the survivals. Can't remember how many wins we've got, but I clearly remember we didn't lose a single match for the whole week of double rewards, destroying every other team after and after. At the end of this week we've all got a total of 50k reward in a single week. (We didn't win any of the tournaments haha)

But still, we were getting to know each other better and finally experienced what it was to become a real competitive team. My only regret was it was the last year of MGO before the server shutdown.. (and I don't remember how because I don't remember I played a single match of Sneaking but I got the first Hound of my life without even boosting like 50% of the population that will clearly say it's not true even if it is. I don't blame these guys saying they need to boost to get an emblem, but I was particulary proud of myself getting Hound, because, yes, there was a reason. And that's how I knew MGO was my favourite game ever!

From this, I never stopped playing with some of my teammates, and we got to know each other in real life, because.. I think a best mgo friend is more valuable than just a best friend hahaha

Classics for ever <3
Cribenator

Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:02 am

I will always playing Vs The Rebelion.. trash talking was funny but hated a few players attitudes..
1 I loved trashing was Yumi lol
1 match was V.V. Tdm, 1st round we had building end and they never showed themselves or attacked at all..even when a few of ours ran around outside..
2nd round we was in the hills.. I had QB3 on.. knew I could hit the yard from the right spot.. others dropped nades near me and peppered the wall.. I hit someone so carried on same place getting the kill.. Yumi lmao they then had to come outta hiding and beat them.. the match was uploaded on YT.
They said We camped lol.. even funnier
GC for life lol
Crib

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”