Why cant i host games?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
RedVapora

Why cant i host games?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:37 am

I've hosted plenty of games before on this internet but now it's saying i dont have the right connection to host games. Is there anything i can do to improve this?
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why cant i host games?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 am

RedVapora wrote:I've hosted plenty of games before on this internet but now it's saying i dont have the right connection to host games. Is there anything i can do to improve this?
If you set up IP forwarding on your router, then your PS3's IP might have changed. If not, then make sure UPnP is on in your Router, PS3, and MGO.
johnny_dive

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi, yesterday I finally tested the MGO2, that at the times I didn't joined because of connection issue (no DSL).

Everything works, but when I tried to host a match, at the last step, I get a connection error.
What I need to host a match? I activated UPnP on router yesterday, but I don't know if I need something other like a
static IP fro PS3, or wired ethernet connection...
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:15 pm

johnny_dive wrote:Hi, yesterday I finally tested the MGO2, that at the times I didn't joined because of connection issue (no DSL).

Everything works, but when I tried to host a match, at the last step, I get a connection error.
What I need to host a match? I activated UPnP on router yesterday, but I don't know if I need something other like a
static IP fro PS3, or wired ethernet connection...
Try hosting a combat training room, see if that works.
johnny_dive

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:08 pm

This afternoon worked without changing anything... Better!
I also discovered that the level is really high and I don't know the arenas except for the silo.
I forgotten the aiming "central dot method" :shock: need pratice

:arrow: But about ping etc I don't know, the game is located where is the host, or where is the MGOR server?
I mean, I should join EU match, or it's the same because the match is hosted on the MGOR server?

Thanks again
"(...)We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the era we live in. (...)And yes, we may all be headed straight to hell. But what better place for us than this? It's our only home. Our heaven and our hell. This is Outer Heaven." BB
Cjaxx

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 am

Because you smell, smelly
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:26 am

johnny_dive wrote:This afternoon worked without changing anything... Better!
I also discovered that the level is really high and I don't know the arenas except for the silo.
I forgotten the aiming "central dot method" :shock: need pratice

:arrow: But about ping etc I don't know, the game is located where is the host, or where is the MGOR server?
I mean, I should join EU match, or it's the same because the match is hosted on the MGOR server?

Thanks again
The actual rooms are hosted by players. The connection to our server doesn't affect the in-game lag or anything like that. Only thing it does is track the state of the game, like the current round and map.
johnny_dive

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Nice, in last days host is working well. I did some host match...

I seen the icon with 3 bands (2 green, one red): they are affordable as indicator of the quality of Ping?
Often everything works well with a red ping room, and instead there are issues with the greens icons!
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:31 pm

johnny_dive wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:27 pm
Nice, in last days host is working well. I did some host match...

I seen the icon with 3 bands (2 green, one red): they are affordable as indicator of the quality of Ping?
Often everything works well with a red ping room, and instead there are issues with the greens icons!
They are the average ping, or something like that. You can really have issues with anyone, it's just one indicator.
morgan23201

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:44 pm

For me i can't host games and I also cannot JOIN games atm..
yesterday night all was good and this morning impossible to join any games :(

I use all automatic IP/ DNS on internet with wifi.

An issue ?

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”