MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
XxAsunaxX

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 pm

tarkzy wrote:Well l give it till the end of may then l will forget about this, it would be nice to see it happen but every week l become more sceptical.
Your loss, we're not gonna miss or need you.

You should be thankful this will work on OFW, if you can't wait just get a CFW PS3, or just make this work on OFW yourself, this isn't as easy as you may think.
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:26 am

tarkzy wrote:Well l give it till the end of may then l will forget about this, it would be nice to see it happen but every week l become more sceptical.
Suit yourself.
bata

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:43 am

Yay, one less person filling up the servers=less overhead on them.

(although you just know people with comments like that are going to be the first ones banging on the door once OFW goes live)
Tiger

Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 am

People like this...
Extremely Solid

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:35 am

Hello! Finally decided to join the forums after years of lurking. Thank you so much for all of your hard work. MGO2 is my favorite gaming experience of all time, so I can't tell you how much its resurrection means to me. My PS3 broke some time back, but once the potential of OFW compatibility was detailed, I had to get myself a new console ASAP. No matter how long it takes, I will patiently wait in anticipation! I can't wait to see all of you online soon.
Slippery

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 am

Extremely Solid wrote:Hello! Finally decided to join the forums after years of lurking... I can't tell you how much its resurrection means to me. My PS3 broke some time back....
Same. I used to be addicted to MGO2; played every single week when konami servers were up for around 3 years. Watched all the "pro" montages on youtube weekly, watched survival match highlights and clan battle videos to see new strategies and tips. Joined forums and training lobbies to "practice" headshots and knife slam/stab moves: I was hooked.

MGO2 is my all time favorite multiplayer game. I really believe MGO2 is equal to counterstrike in terms of skill and strategy. Not sure why Konami decided to shutdown an almost perfect gem of a game; they could have made it a monthly subscription fee and made millions.

I tried MGO3, couldn't get into the terrible slow controls and extremely limited game content. Got bored. Quit. I hardly play any PS4 games so i'm actually going to trade my ps4 in for a ps3 when the OFW version gets released.

I know the game will never be the same like in 2009-2010 when the servers were full all the time and weekly survival was a thing, but i don't really care. Even in rooms with 3-5 people in it... I can't wait to play again.

Btw excellent work on doing something many thought was impossible. I can't even imagine how complex and difficult it must be to backwards program files and fragmented data...
XxAsunaxX

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 am

Centripetal wrote:
Extremely Solid wrote:Hello! Finally decided to join the forums after years of lurking... I can't tell you how much its resurrection means to me. My PS3 broke some time back....
Same. I used to be addicted to MGO2; played every single week when konami servers were up for around 3 years. Watched all the "pro" montages on youtube weekly, watched survival match highlights and clan battle videos to see new strategies and tips. Joined forums and training lobbies to "practice" headshots and knife slam/stab moves: I was hooked.

MGO2 is my all time favorite multiplayer game. I really believe MGO2 is equal to counterstrike in terms of skill and strategy. Not sure why Konami decided to shutdown an almost perfect gem of a game; they could have made it a monthly subscription fee and made millions.

I tried MGO3, couldn't get into the terrible slow controls and extremely limited game content. Got bored. Quit. I hardly play any PS4 games so i'm actually going to trade my ps4 in for a ps3 when the OFW version gets released.

I know the game will never be the same like in 2009-2010 when the servers were full all the time and weekly survival was a thing, but i don't really care. Even in rooms with 3-5 people in it... I can't wait to play again.

Btw excellent work on doing something many thought was impossible. I can't even imagine how complex and difficult it must be to backwards program files and fragmented data...
Konami closed the server because the contract ended, they even made it one year longer, they could had keep it until MGO3, but the DDoS attacks where to much on the last year of MGO2.

CS still has a higher skill cap then MGO2.

Won't be like the original run, but it will probably have a decent number of players, the average for CFW now is 30-40 which is not bad.
BusterHarvey

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 am

It holds up, IMO. It's fundamentally the same and that's all I could ask for, really.

Before my CFW PS3 went kaput it was fun to just play, even with all the more established players. Thankfully once OFW releases the floodgates will open for an entire new community.

..for better and worse.
6EQUJ5

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Wow!
I'm soooo grateful! I mean Ghz is doing this in his spare time.
Is there a possibility to donate?
XxAsunaxX

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:53 pm

6EQUJ5 wrote:Wow!
I'm soooo grateful! I mean Ghz is doing this in his spare time.
Is there a possibility to donate?
They don't accept donations.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”