MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
bata
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm

XxAsunaxX wrote: CS still has a higher skill cap then MGO2.
I would say that, at their core, both games are close. But competition is obviously a lot more fierce in CS(as it's one of the most popular online games out there), which in turn makes the skill cap way higher. Also, MGO2 has way more broken mechanics and glitches than CS(bullet registration, terrible net code, desynchs from server, etc), which make it far less skill intensive than it could be.

Still, both games require you to both have mechanical gaming skills(mainly aiming) and use your brain and play tactically in their own way. While MGO also features the skill system, combined with SOP, CS has a much greater emphasis on eco strats(as in, knowing when it is correct to eco, and whether you should full save for the next round, or buy like a p250/tec-9/five seven with armir). Since they are both shooters, you also have the usual strats of wall hughing/rushing sites/whatever that most shooters have and you need to get used to them as you play more. But again, since CS is by far the most competitive game, people tend to study these tactics a lot more on it.

Overall, maybe CS takes more skill to play that MGO ever did, but I can't help but wonder if it would be the same if MGO2 was ever nearly as popular and Konami actually fixed the game's many technical issues. Since there are way more maps, weapons and variety than in CS, I'm not so sure it wouldn't turn out to be nearly as skill intensive, if not more.
User avatar
XxAsunaxX
Location: Portugal (PSN: Golation)
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:41 pm

bata wrote:
XxAsunaxX wrote: CS still has a higher skill cap then MGO2.
I would say that, at their core, both games are close. But competition is obviously a lot more fierce in CS(as it's one of the most popular online games out there), which in turn makes the skill cap way higher. Also, MGO2 has way more broken mechanics and glitches than CS(bullet registration, terrible net code, desynchs from server, etc), which make it far less skill intensive than it could be.

Still, both games require you to both have mechanical gaming skills(mainly aiming) and use your brain and play tactically in their own way. While MGO also features the skill system, combined with SOP, CS has a much greater emphasis on eco strats(as in, knowing when it is correct to eco, and whether you should full save for the next round, or buy like a p250/tec-9/five seven with armir). Since they are both shooters, you also have the usual strats of wall hughing/rushing sites/whatever that most shooters have and you need to get used to them as you play more. But again, since CS is by far the most competitive game, people tend to study these tactics a lot more on it.

Overall, maybe CS takes more skill to play that MGO ever did, but I can't help but wonder if it would be the same if MGO2 was ever nearly as popular and Konami actually fixed the game's many technical issues. Since there are way more maps, weapons and variety than in CS, I'm not so sure it wouldn't turn out to be nearly as skill intensive, if not more.
Yea, if Konami had fixed all those issues MGO2 would be a much more skill cap game, but i don't think it would ever be higher then CS, as you said MGO2 uses skills.

They can make your weapon pretty much have 0 recoil, which helps with your aim, while on CS, there's no such things, it's 100% pure skill, each weapon has different recoil and you need to know how to control that recoil to be able to hit shots, it isn't as easy to headshot (or hit) from long distances as in MGO2.

On the tactital part, CS is more tactical then MGO2, you can't exactly camp behind walls and see if the enemy is coming to you or not on 1st person shooter, noises aren't as useful on MGO2 as on CS, you can't have has much different types of nades (on each player) as in CS, you can't smoke/molotov places to slow down enemy.

Not point keep saying anything more, at the end both games are different shooters for different types of players, so we can't compare them, but their really good doing that they are suppose to do :)
Image
tarkzy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 pm

1.l never said or implied it was easy to code this Don't think l wouldn't know
2.the dev won't accept any help to speed up the process
3.the server issue, well l am sure you are aware there are many people on here myself included . That are more than willing to donate to the cost of a better server, But the dev does not want to accept donations for this.
4.l suggests you read my previous posts before suggesting l am not thankful
5.Good day :) and l hope things move forward by the end of may.



You should be thankful this will work on OFW, if you can't wait just get a CFW PS3, or just make this work on OFW yourself, this isn't as easy as you may think.[/quote]
User avatar
XxAsunaxX
Location: Portugal (PSN: Golation)
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 pm

tarkzy wrote:1.l never said or implied it was easy to code this Don't think l wouldn't know
2.the dev won't accept any help to speed up the process
3.the server issue, well l am sure you are aware there are many people on here myself included . That are more than willing to donate to the cost of a better server, But the dev does not want to accept donations for this.
4.l suggests you read my previous posts before suggesting l am not thankful
5.Good day :) and l hope things move forward by the end of may.
1-4. The way you talked on that message made it feel that way.

2-3. if they accept donations, Konami would go after them because they would be making money out of MGO2, this way they don't care as much.

5. It should be on May it will come, on Twitter they said 1.36 for CFW would come earky May, and OFW a few weaks later.
Image
User avatar
dan12343
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Mon May 01, 2017 11:28 am

mgoJALEN wrote:You're planning on bringing back stats right? Are they going to be separate for each character, or will they be for our overall account like levels currently are? Also will other Personal Data options (Friend List, Player Search, etc.) or in game clan menus ever be made fully functional in the future?
I also hope this happens in the future. Great work so far 8-)

Edit: took me a minute to see this thread was more than one page. Still getting used to the layout
ushio0228
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 am

It will be ready when its ready. Why are people being so pushy. If you are not even helping you have no right to be demanding. GHZ stop working on mgo. people dont deserve it. They will trash it in the end, just like how they did before.
hen-
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:37 am

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Thu May 04, 2017 1:31 am

ushio0228 wrote:It will be ready when its ready. Why are people being so pushy. If you are not even helping you have no right to be demanding. GHZ stop working on mgo. people dont deserve it. They will trash it in the end, just like how they did before.

You should take a better look at what was written, from i have seen so far with the comments on this thread have been overly excited players, players with questions and players who are thanking him GHz for bringing the game back. So for you to tell him to stop making the game is out of place and ignorant. Im not on this forum to create issues with anyone, but i feel obligated to step in when seeing someone improperly comment that could effect the mass majority.
User avatar
Drunkard
Location: USA
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Thu May 04, 2017 1:32 am

It will be ready when its ready. Why are people being so pushy. If you are not even helping you have no right to be demanding. GHZ stop working on mgo. people dont deserve it. They will trash it in the end, just like how they did before.


Not sure I'd go that far, but yeah people need to stop being pushy. It'll happen when it happens and the majority of us are grateful for what Ghz is doing to bring MGO2 back to the masses.
PSN - Solidsnake_DoE
Discord - Drunkard
User avatar
MR-TW!STER
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Thu May 04, 2017 2:08 am

As soon as I heard GHz was working on 1.36 OFW I decided I will not be playing MGO at all until then even though I have CFW. I'm patiently waiting and thankful for all the moderators time and effort.
Image
User avatar
Coast2Coast
Contact:
Location: NTSC / NA
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:57 am

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Thu May 04, 2017 2:19 am

everyone is very greatful, and i dont know how we are being pushy. we're just eager to play! the hype was real 2 months ago and most of last month, its just been pushed back quite a bit now and it makes people curious as to if something could be wrong?
~D.B.A.~
Batmantis-
Completely Undisclosed 2nd business name
Completely Undisclosed 3rd business name

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Discord

Forum Theme