MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
xZistance-

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Okay good 8-) 8-)
fr
fruitypebbzhwd

Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:04 pm

GHzGangster wrote:Still working on the launcher... Still haven't had as much time to work on everything.

Had to fix some stuff in the homebrew SDK I'm using (not Sony's), related to the game data functions. Took a while for me to realize that was the issue.
Now I can actually manage the game data separately, so I'll have game data for the Disc rip, and game data for MGO's data. Should make it a lot easier to reinstall if anything goes bad.
I did figure out that the method to load my background plugin for MGO doesn't work outside of debug mode really, so that sucked. Spent a lot of time on that method a few months ago, so I'll have to figure out another way to load my plugin and hook methods. This is pretty important to have running, so a bit more time I'll have to spend, which kinda sucks.
Besides that, all I really need to be able to do is make sure all the MGO data gets installed correctly. Once the launcher is done, there is just a bit more server work I'll have to do, and then I'll try and roll out a CFW 1.36 Beta. Once all that is stable, then it's on to finishing up everything for OFW, which shouldn't be a whole lot extra on top of what I need for CFW.

tl;dr Maybe 1.36 CFW by end of the month? :geek:
Top notch update mate! Again great progress, keep it going. :idea: :idea:
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:56 am

Finally got the hooking method in the plugin working.
Now I just need to hook a few functions, like the file loads so I can change what actually gets loaded, and changing URLs so we won't need DNS anymore. Stuff like that. Shouldn't take very long at all to do that stuff.

After that, I need to finish up the launcher. Installing the game, and handling the game data correctly.

After the launcher is done, then I just have to make sure the server is at least usable, and I'll throw it up for CFW users.
Th3Liquid

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:19 am

GHzGangster wrote:Finally got the hooking method in the plugin working.
Now I just need to hook a few functions, like the file loads so I can change what actually gets loaded, and changing URLs so we won't need DNS anymore. Stuff like that. Shouldn't take very long at all to do that stuff.

After that, I need to finish up the launcher. Installing the game, and handling the game data correctly.

After the launcher is done, then I just have to make sure the server is at least usable, and I'll throw it up for CFW users.

When do you think thats ready?
0RIGINAL

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 am

GHzGangster wrote:Finally got the hooking method in the plugin working.

Great job mate! We all appreciate the input that has gone into bringing back MGO2. If only we were all as clever as you ey! ;)
Junkhead_

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:46 pm

sweeeeeet, its finally the end of April :-Z

has hope made a fool of me again? Im thinking not!! lol...

but.... is OFW ready for us to play? can we finally get a release date or a rough estimate now as to how many more days (please no more weeks!!!) Because weeee all who been looking forward to our day of glory are like ready for our glory day ya know..
Last edited by Junkhead_ on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d.b.a batmantis
Coming soon
Th3Liquid

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Junkhead_ wrote:sweeeeeet, its finally the end up April :zzz

has hope made a fool of me again? Im thinking not!! lol......

but is OFW ready for us to play? can we finally get a release date or a rough estimate how many more days (please no more weeks!!!) Because weeeeeeeee are long past reaaaaddddyyyy now.
xD
xZistance-

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Good new for CFW .. but OFW ? ready or not ? or you need again of time ?
XxAsunaxX

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:43 pm

When OFW is ready Ghz will tell us, no need to keep asking the same question over and over and over again.

We waited 5 years, we can wait a little bit more.

Better take longer and comes perfect (or the best as possible for now), than coming with errors and then take even more time.
(Keiju)

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Sad to come in this thread just to see some of the same people beg for a release date. You haven't played since 2012 its not going to kill you to wait for ghz to finish up what ever code he has to write on the server and etc for the ofw. You should be greatful hes doing anything at all it didn't have to happen.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”