Australian Ping

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Limbless

Australian Ping

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 am

Hi, as you might expect I just heard that MGO2 will soon be playable on OFW, and as someone who never actually played MGO2 while it was around, I'm really looking forward to trying it. Except, of course, for my probably inevitable huge ping.

I was wondering, what kind of lag compensation does MGO2 have for that sort of environment? On a US server, I'd be looking at between 200 and 300 ms. Will the game be feasibly playable? Failing that, is there any chance of a (god willing) Australian, or perhaps Asian server? Any other Ausplebs around that would join?

In any case, thanks for your incredible work on preserving MGO2. It's a very sad thing to lose such a game, and to see it come back - even if I won't have the best experience myself - is great. 8-)
Gen-Snake
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Australian Ping

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:46 am

you will be alright if you connect to other aussies or jpn players you will get full ping. the game is p2p so its host motivated
Limbless

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:11 am

Ahh, I see. So the 'main' server is just stat tracking and the like. Hope people from around here play it, then! Thanks.
Limelight

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 pm

There's about 6-7 of us Aussies on MGO2R at the present time, & I'm sure more will be back in April. But just like the good old days I'm sure we will have the AUS rooms up and running m8, welcome.
x10Trillion

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Returning old MGO player here, had a game last night with another Aussie. Connection was great.
Aussie MGO Player!
Name: Jezza_boi
Limelight

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Oh bro you're Jezza! I dunno if you remember Magic Man or ovlivious from the old server but that was me haha I miss the dedicated AUS rooms, hopefully we can get enough of the old players back and get them going again!
x10Trillion

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Limelight wrote:Oh bro you're Jezza! I dunno if you remember Magic Man or ovlivious from the old server but that was me haha I miss the dedicated AUS rooms, hopefully we can get enough of the old players back and get them going again!
Haha hey buddy. I remember there was a few of us. I still find very few aussies on revival at the moment but hopefully once revive goes to OFW in April we will have more and can have another dedicated room up and running. Nice to hear from ya mate
Aussie MGO Player!
Name: Jezza_boi

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”