If/when survival and tourny make their way back, what rewards would you want to see from it?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Clockworks

Re: If/when survival and tourny make their way back, what rewards would you want to see from it?

Postby Clockworks Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

XxAsunaxX wrote:
Clockworks wrote:Think itll be cool to leave all gear unlocked as is, but to possibly add new rewards if possible. Some of us didnt have the chance to experience the cool gear that was offered in the original game due to the fact that we had wack teams in tourny/surv so the gear shouldnt be stripped. Let us enjoy the gear and add more IF POSSIBLE :)

More like, way too many LSers on Tournament.
The best i got was 2nd place (lost to a full LSers team), not that i dud much Tournament, was no fun getting LSers at the final stages :/

This is also true!
Junkhead_

Re: If/when survival and tourny make their way back, what rewards would you want to see from it?

Postby Junkhead_ Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Clockworks wrote:
XxAsunaxX wrote:
Clockworks wrote:Think itll be cool to leave all gear unlocked as is, but to possibly add new rewards if possible. Some of us didnt have the chance to experience the cool gear that was offered in the original game due to the fact that we had wack teams in tourny/surv so the gear shouldnt be stripped. Let us enjoy the gear and add more IF POSSIBLE :)

More like, way too many LSers on Tournament.
The best i got was 2nd place (lost to a full LSers team), not that i dud much Tournament, was no fun getting LSers at the final stages :/

This is also true!

i agree leaving the rewards as is too, (at least for the initial launch.) i once paid for all 3 dlc's, and they were made free by konami before the servers closed anyway (not that it matters that much.) if people never got to have the rewards, let them have a chance to experience the same content the CFW players have had access to.

i have a feeling too much competition in this would end up making players want to abandon ship again like 6 years ago, elitism etc cmon this is an old game and we are all just fans, lets have fun and make retarded looking characters!
Clockworks

Postby Clockworks Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Junkhead_ wrote:
Clockworks wrote:
XxAsunaxX wrote:More like, way too many LSers on Tournament.

This is also true!

i agree leaving the rewards as is too, (at least for the initial launch.) i once paid for all 3 dlc's, and they were made free by konami before the servers closed anyway (not that it matters that much.) if people never got to have the rewards, let them have a chance to experience the same content the CFW players have had access to.

i have a feeling too much competition in this would end up making players want to abandon ship again like 6 years ago, elitism etc cmon this is an old game and we are all just fans, lets have fun and make retarded looking characters!

Totally agree!
D3V14NT13

Postby D3V14NT13 Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 pm

In my interactions with people when shilling this aggressively, these things are very consistent:
•people want 100% of everything unlocked (surprised me a little), their strongest point being that the playerbase will typically be longstanding fans with little time or interest to grind
•everyone hates elitism, there have been zero people calling for this to be encouraged and many instances of decrying it
•they love that I had proof that cheaters are actively targeted
•people were astounded by the fact that you guys are capable of adding content

People made cases for it every time that it was brought up, saying that the implementation of unlocking things will simply result in more grinding and that competition of that sort will result in playing the game for the prize instead of playing the game for the sake of it. They say that the removal of those elements will result in a better quality, longer lasting, more passionate playerbase. I was convinced by them, but I don't have any experience in the matter personally and so I can't say that I know them to be correct 100%.

It is rather convincing, however.
BlackCat

Postby BlackCat Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 pm

I think the boss emblems are enough of a reward. I wouldn't mind the special berets and other hats locked behind tourney wins though.

As for survival, GP could be enough but i personally liked the grind for gear and "njoi gloves xd" lol
solidpat221

Postby solidpat221 Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 pm

BlackCat wrote:I think the boss emblems are enough of a reward. I wouldn't mind the special berets and other hats locked behind tourney wins though.

As for survival, GP could be enough but i personally liked the grind for gear and "njoi gloves xd" lol

Enjoy gloves was the best part of survival. Lmao
BusterHarvey

Postby BusterHarvey Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:01 pm

I wouldn't mind a gear reset, if there was miraculously some way to acquire the gear ala the RWD shop.
If that were to happen, I think the best way to manage it is by either making the RWD yield higher for normal/prize matches or making equipment much cheaper.

Having everything available from the get go, even former-tournament rewards, does a fantastic job in decentralising the community though. The gear really doesn't hold any kind of status, now.
XxAsunaxX

Postby XxAsunaxX Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:41 pm

BusterHarvey wrote:I wouldn't mind a gear reset, if there was miraculously some way to acquire the gear ala the RWD shop.
If that were to happen, I think the best way to manage it is by either making the RWD yield higher for normal/prize matches or making equipment much cheaper.

Having everything available from the get go, even former-tournament rewards, does a fantastic job in decentralising the community though. The gear really doesn't hold any kind of status, now.

MGO2 community is still pretty much the same, even without any prize related gear and a small player base.

The few live streams i saw, it pretty much felt like the original MGO2 run.
D3V14NT13

Postby D3V14NT13 Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:05 am

I also enjoy the feeling of progression, especially in things that effect your capabilities such as skills. The feeling of having obtained something, you know?

But, as I said, the points against it were rather convincing. I wish there was a study to point to.
solidpat221

Postby solidpat221 Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 am

D3V14NT13 wrote:I also enjoy the feeling of progression, especially in things that effect your capabilities such as skills. The feeling of having obtained something, you know?

But, as I said, the points against it were rather convincing. I wish there was a study to point to.

I enjoy the feeling of gaining too. The issue with MGO's original system is it almost got too grindy. Gain and grind essentially cancel eachother out if its not balanced well, which for some skills it wasn't..well most of it wasn't. With some rebalancing on how long it took to level skills I honestly wouldn't mind having to unlock stuff again. Like if everything could level efficiently just through regular play, rather than having to sit in skill rooms for them.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”