God Of RES |- Survival -| Updated (10/20/20)

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
president trump

God Of RES |- Survival -| Updated (10/20/20)

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:29 am

(Please scroll down if you're familiar with GOR and wish to specifically see information regarding the GOR Survival update.)
"God Of RES" Discord Bot Information
As many of you may already know, a few months ago I created a Discord bot for my RES server. Known as the "God of RES", he watches over RES. Most commonly referred to simply as "GOR", his abilities are quite extensive. To name but a few things GOR can do:

- Send OFW/CFW tutorial links.
- Send Discord server invite links for supported servers.
- Can display all currently hosted rooms on MGO2R.
- Can display all players currently playing in any given room.
- Can invite multiple players via Discord to join a game. (And for hosts, this includes sending room passwords.)
- Generate random map, mode, or mix assortments for free battle and clan battle matches.
- GOR moderators may use GOR to warn users.
- Users can report other users' behaviour to server owner.

And several other features.

- Planned features:
- Player lookups
- Displaying player stats
- Displaying various Leaderboards/rankings
And more.

One notable functionality of GOR is known as the Queue system, which allows hosts (particularly "popular" hosts) to generate random 3-digit passwords for their rooms, which players then may join the queue and wait for. This allows hosts to more easily manage their rooms, and to send out passwords via DM to players in the order that they have joined the queue. Hosts may not only send out passwords to each player one at a time, but they can also send out passwords to multiple players equal to the amount of spots open in a room.

GOR is currently providing support for 8 servers and their hosts:

- president trump's RES Mansion discord server
- Fear's Fear Clan discord server
- Clunny's DSOTM Forever discord server
- J's YG Family discord server
- Tinleaf's TIDE discord server
- Experiment's APO discord server
- STONE's FOS discord server
- MK4's Da Gulag discord server

A general command list is as follows:
Spoiler:
General:

!allgames - Lists all rooms currently open.
!cbmix - Random assortment of map/modes for a clan battle.
!cfw - SaveMGO CFW Tutorial link.
!fbmix - Random assortment of map/modes (including free-for-all and SNE).
!games - Lists current RES and TSNE matches.
!gor +input - Ask the God of RES a question about the future.
!help - Shows this message.
!help_queue - Shows Queue commands.
!invite +input - Send an invite to multiple @mentioned players.
!ofw - SaveMGO OFW Tutorial link.
!players +host - Displays current number of players online, if host name included it lists the room's players.
!report @mention +input - Reports @mention'd member to server owner, and provides the included input/reason.
!res - RES Discord invite link.
!savemgo - SaveMGO Discord server invite link.
!warn @mention +input - Warns @mention'd member, and provides the included input/reason. (HOSTS ONLY)

!map - Selects a random map.
!mode - Selects a random mode.
!maps - Creates a random assortment of 15 maps.
!modes - Creates a random assortment of 15 modes.

The Queue System:

!setpass - Creates a random 3-digit password and DM's it to the HOST for use in-game. (HOSTS ONLY)
!sethost - Sets a host from the Games page for use with the !spots command. (HOSTS ONLY)
!spot - Sends a password via DM to the next player in the queue. (HOSTS ONLY)
!spots - Sends multiple passwords via DM to the amount of players equal to the amount of space in a room.
!clearpass - Clears the current password. (HOSTS ONLY)
!clearqueue - Clears the current queue if problems arise. (HOSTS ONLY)

!wait - Joins the queue and puts the player in line for a password from the HOST.
!stopwait - Leaves the queue. Players that do not get a password, or leave the queue after 3hrs, are auto-removed from the queue.
!queue - Gets the length of the queue and the name of the next player who's up next.

The Survival Update:
*Not being published in a widespread manner at this time*

If you would like more information regarding GOR, or would like GOR to join your server, please join my Discord at http://discord.gg/Sy8MaW2 and send a message!

Please note that GOR is a creation solely of my own and not an official release for MGO2R via SaveMGO. I would like to say thank you to the players that have provided insight, or helped with the testing, and a big thank you to the GOR Admins who manage GOR from their own servers.
Last edited by president trump on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
president trump

Re: God Of RES Info - Survival Update

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 am

Queue System Information
More information can be found in GOR's home at http://discord.gg/Sy8MaW2. I will update this thread more and more as development continues and I have extensively documented all the features of GOR.

GOR's Queue System involves a HOSTS role, and a Waiting role.

The queue system was originally designed to ease the hassle busy RES hosts had when managing their rooms. No longer will hosts have to manually message players the password, or monitor their chats to see who's waiting to play. They don't need to be spammed for passwords, GOR takes care of it all. The HOSTS role is for a Discord server's trusted members who actively utilize GOR, and host popular rooms on MGO2R. Essentially they act as managers of GOR, and so, they have access to extra administrative functionality.

The Waiting role operates as part of the queue system and is automatically assigned to any server member when they join the queue. This eases the confusion for busy rooms and/or highly active chats. Players can easily wait to join a room hosted by a recognized HOST, receiving a DM as soon as the HOST sends out the password.

The commands for GOR's Queue System are as follows:
Spoiler:
!setpass - Creates a random 3-digit password and DM's it to the HOST for use in-game. (HOSTS ONLY)
!sethost - Sets a host from the Games page for use with the !spots command. (HOSTS ONLY)
!spot - Sends a password via DM to the next player in the queue. (HOSTS ONLY)
!spots - Sends multiple passwords via DM to the amount of players equal to the amount of space in a room.
!clearpass - Clears the current password. (HOSTS ONLY)
!clearqueue - Clears the current queue if problems arise. (HOSTS ONLY)

!wait - Joins the queue and puts the player in line for a password from the HOST.
!stopwait - Leaves the queue. Players that do not get a password, or leave the queue after 3hrs, are auto-removed from the queue.
!queue - Gets the length of the queue and the name of the next player who's up next.

For a full list of commands please check the first post.
GOR's Queue System is available in all servers, however, at this time servers are limited to one active queue at a time per server. This may be changed in the future, however, it could lead to a slightly more complicated user experience.
Last edited by president trump on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
president trump

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:30 am

"Survival System" Information

I've been working hard on a groundbreaking addition to GOR, and I'm excited to now announce the "Survival" update.

Survival Update 9/17/20:

- Checking the lobby
- Checking a list of teams
- Create a Survival teams of up to 6 players
- Join Survival teams
- Search for, and join random Survival teams
- Kick unwanted players from your Survival team
- Matchmaking with other teams
- Random map/mode generation with random Drebin Points (DP) and team color assignment
- Consecutive win tracking (Self reported)

This new Survival feature will be available in all Discord servers supported by GOR. In a dedicated Survival channel, players will be able to create, join, search, and leave teams, all from the comfort, and privacy, of their very own Discord server. Matchmaking with other teams is also supported. Currently, messages regarding team creation is universal, meaning when a new team is created, your dedicated Survival channel will get a message. Although more work will be done regarding this, as it is now it is designed to emulate the original game's lobby menu system (where teams were listed). Eventually, when the time comes, matchmaking output will be displayed here too so players will know when matches are being played. This aspect will, in essence, unite the entire MGO2R community.

For more information, please join my RES discord at http://discord.gg/Sy8MaW2 and check the bot channel.

Please note that GOR is a creation solely of my own and not an official release for MGO2R via SaveMGO. I would like to say thank you to the players that have provided insight, or helped with the testing, and a big thank you to the GOR Admins who manage GOR from their own servers.
president trump

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:15 am

In approximately 12 hours from the time of this post I will be managing a public BETA test of GOR's Survival update. To participate in the test you do not need to be on the game, however, you will need to be in one of the GOR supported Discord servers (preferably mine!).

- president trump's RES Mansion discord server - http://discord.gg/Sy8MaW2
- Fear's Fear Clan discord server
- Clunny's DSOTM Forever discord server
- J's YG Family discord server
- Tinleaf's TIDE discord server
- Experiment's APO discord server
- STONE's FOS discord server
- MK4's Da Gulag discord server
president trump

Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:20 am

Today went quite well, a success in all regards. Several bugs have been found and patched. Update info from the RES Mansion is located here:
Spoiler:
GOR (the "God of RES" bot) Survival Update (9/19/19) Changes and BUG FIXES:
- Only team leaders can begin matchmaking.
- Only team leaders can record a !win or !loss now.
- Patched Search Team command; no longer adds you to every single team.
- Improved universal outputs for better clarity while matchmaking.
- Added universal announcement for a recorded loss (This may need to be changed in the near future).
- Teams now properly disband when last player leaves or has been kicked.
- Teams may now be joined even when typed in lower case, ie: "laggers" is the same as "LAGGERS".
- Teams require a minimum of 3ppl to match-make, to a maximum of 6 (this was intentionally not included as part of the beta test, but it subsequently outputted a negative player count instead)
- Teams now get removed properly from all memory, which will repair the incorrect team listing outputs.
- Fixed improper global message when using !win without a win to claim.
This is my update from the RES Mansion (edited for clarity, skip it if you read the server update):

GOR (the "God of RES" bot) will now more or less operate the Survival functionality with 100% intended results, going forward we will have to consider the future: what's possible, what's not, and what's realistic.

To be clear, there was nothing directly taking place in-game at this time. It was a test solely for Survival functionality through Discord. Everything that was available, short of actually being put into a match and playing the game, was available today in the several servers featuring GOR. However, let it be known that anything directly involving the game will require work on Ghz's part. The in-game menu's and lobbies will not magically start working all on their own.

Regarding Survival, I want to point out it was always "free battle", albeit hosted on Konami's official servers with a defined set of rules. The map/modes were likely only a random assortment of 15 for each night, which is the same maximum we players are allowed to host. While this is just speculation, it is not without some evidence: 1) MK2 lobby didn't have all the maps so it couldn't be a list of 15 without repeating maps (which we often saw), 2) oftentimes you would play the same map/mode combos repeatedly for a night, I'm sure everybody noticed this at some point and complained about the "randomization", right? Lastly, if you won your matches fast (or lost, I suppose), you could get maybe 25 wins a night. I guarantee you would not have played 25 different combinations. I simply don't believe they were doing 15 maps * 7 modes. They were doing an assortment of (most likely) 15 maps and then iterating through the list, and, you'd end up playing the same shit over and over by sheer luck of the draw.

So with that in consideration, if GOR hosted rooms via the emulator (which Ghz has said could/would be possible), and run over the internet on some good net and kick-ass hardware, it'd basically be the same as Survival was.

Consider this: With GOR's Survival functionality completed, we're only missing three things at this point.

- Custom hosted rooms with team auto-joining
- Grade Points
- Working in-game lobbies
And maybe fourthly: integration with GOR to the server for stats and whatnot

Going forward, Ghz is committed to his job IRL, but he has said that he is going to get an API going (eventually, hopefully sooner rather than later) for stats and what have you. If you scratch the in-game menus/lobbies from the list as too much work for Ghz, and if we use some sort of modified exp calculation for GP (just have the exp value be lowered and then tracked independently and it will be close enough), then all we really need to add is custom hosted rooms and auto-joining. A long time ago now I remember Ghz had mentioned some sort of desire to add a "queue for free battle rooms", which I thought of as potentially having a hugely negative impact on the player counts (making players wait in the lobby for any room instead of playing is worse than having a queue for a VIP room), but what I don't remember now is whether or not it had auto-joining. If I'm not mistaken, it very well may have. That would mean if that was implemented on Ghz's end, and then the required interaction implemented on GOR's end, then I don't see why you couldn't be put in a room automatically by GOR, so long as you are in the lobby. (Dont quote me on that, this is all a theory.)

So with that in consideration, with what we have now, and if GOR can host rooms himself, and players then are auto-joined... what's the difference from original Survival? No in-game menus? Ghz could add a separate lobby.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I'll update this post later in the next week after some more research.
president trump

Re: God Of RES - Survival Update (9/26/20)

Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:30 pm

So here's the update I promised. First is the GOR update from my RES discord:

GOR Survival TEAMS Update 9/25/20:

- Created and implemented a global Survival invitation system. You can invite players to your team even if they're not in the same server you're "playing" in. While they must still be in a GOR-supported server, they are notified what server the invitation originated from, and they receive an invite link if they're not already part of the server. This is closely emulates how the original Survival invitations worked.
- Incorporated near-full Survival Team functionality into Discord's Role Hierarchy. Survival teams will now be directly tied to roles and will be displayed separately, across all GOR servers. You may now join and leave Survival teams by joining/leaving the role. These roles are removed automatically from the servers when the team is disbanded, and while they will have more parameters as I think of them, right now the most notable aspect is going to be that a role is considered "full" once it reaches 6 discord users (players), which is the maximum team length allowed according to Survival rules.

I've also made small improvements to existing features of GOR:

- Survival's !teams and !lobby commands now show full team info: Teamname | Wins | Player count | Player list
- The Queue system's Waiting role is now fully synced with the queue. So like with Survival, you can Join and leave by adding/leaving the Waiting role.

Now, regarding Survival's R&D...

I had a long discussion with Ghz the other night and we discussed this project a fair bit. We have concurred with most of my plans regarding Survival and he supports this project. We will be adding support for GOR in the SaveMGO Official Discord server soon, and he has provided me with a partially working version of the emulator to work with. I'm currently mapping out the automation so GOR may host rooms on his own. More info on that front sometime next week.
president trump

Re: God Of RES - Survival Update (9/26/20)

Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:46 am

Brief weekly update, I know it's a little late.

From the RES discord:

GOR Survival CLANS Update 10/02/20:

- Implemented a (beta) clan system for Survival matches. Survival teams that qualify for clan registration (win streak 5+) will be eligible for clan roster checks with !roster clanname, as well as persistent saving and recording of team/clan performance across official matches. This includes: clan team total career wins, total losses, total matches played, highest win streak recorded, and detailed match history. Players can join a registered (qualified!) clan with !joinclan clanname, or leave a clan with !leaveclan. These feature are only available during Survival, and development is on-going. The next GOR update after a private beta will expand on this current functionality to include the output of more information, and allow for the tracking of team vs team performance.

This feature is WIP and I'm already making plans to revamp most of what I've already added after today's private beta. This week we should see the completion of the Clans update. Once completed, Survival R&D will be focused solely around the emulator. Speaking of, Ghz has been working on it a bit every day this past week, and hopefully he or I will have something more interesting to report soon.
president trump

Re: God Of RES |- Survival -| Updated (10/11/20)

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:50 am

This week was relatively productive on my end. If anybody would like to contribute suggestions for the Survival aspect of GOR, or if you have any questions, please post back here or post your thoughts in my Discord at https://discord.gg/Sy8MaW2. For this past week's update I'm excited to announce I have completed the majority of features necessary for a close 1:1 recreation of Survival. Posted below is an updated checklist of what I've done thus far.

Survival checklist:

- Creation of teams
- Joining teams
- Joining random teams via search
- Leaving teams
- Kicking players from teams
- Entering lobby to search for Survival match
- Matching with random teams in random map/modes
- Going on win streaks
- Exiting lobby
- Win and loss claiming (self reported for now)
- Checking team rosters
- Checking the lobby
- Listing the teams
- Checking team stats
- Team invitations
- Creating clans
- Checking clan rosters
- Applying to a clan
- Leaving a clan
- Accepting/declining a clan application
- Listing the clans + stats (clans are separate from teams)
- Checking a clan's recent official matches
- Checking a player's win streak history
- Checking specific clan vs clan official match records
- Locking/unlocking of teams (in lieu of a password, locked teams simply require leader approval)
- Players cannot join teams while they're on a winning streak

What is not (yet?) currently implemented:

- Dedicated/automatic hosting
- Match specific stats, beyond the roster
- Grade points, and possibly reward points

To the best of my knowledge the above is a decent summary of the essence of Survival. While it may lack "heart and soul" at this time, R&D is focused on one or two interesting avenues that may just give some heart and soul to it. In regards to the emulator and dedicated/auto-hosting, I'm still waiting for Ghz to reach a level of completion on the emulator that he's satisfied with. For the stat functionality, this too will require a wait while Ghz finds the time to complete the necessary work on his end. I've not stopped working however, and the one or two worthwhile ideas I have will keep me busy in the meantime.

This week I hope to thoroughly investigate my remaining ideas, and perhaps more preferably, have a working version of the emulator and an update regarding the status of dedicated Survival hosting.
Last edited by president trump on Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AbuSadjid

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:02 am

Nice work Trump so far. I'd like to suggest a seperate website where u can check everyone's team and players in there just to look more clear. On top of that we might add a rule in where Teams are not allowed to have a number of lets say 9 members in there. That would not just increase the Team capacity, it would also make the whole Clanbattle system more valuable.
president trump

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 pm

AbuSadjid wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:02 am
Nice work Trump so far. I'd like to suggest a seperate website where u can check everyone's team and players in there just to look more clear. On top of that we might add a rule in where Teams are not allowed to have a number of lets say 9 members in there. That would not just increase the Team capacity, it would also make the whole Clanbattle system more valuable.
One of the ideas I'm researching already has me looking into a website for similar features, more info on that will come in a week or two. Also, at this time teams are limited to 6 players a a time as per original Survival rules, clan rosters would be the thing we might want to limit. I've not added a max member capacity yet, but it's something I'm open to.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”