RPCS3 now has online

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
User avatar
OneTwoMark
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:04 pm

RPCS3 now has online

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Using P2P connections, will this help in the development for a PC version of MGOR?
User avatar
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: RPCS3 now has online

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:55 pm

OneTwoMark wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:44 pm
Using P2P connections, will this help in the development for a PC version of MGOR?
I'm working on it already, need to finish up some work. Been busy.
The PSN emu update could very well kill the server with more cheaters, hopefully this isn't going to be a huge problem...
Guriqbal Singh Diosee
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:48 am

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:30 am

Hi I reinstalled mgs 2 again but when I turn on ps3hen it says update server responded with an error what does that mean
P0pK0Rn1
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 am

Re: RPCS3 now has online

Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm

at some point in future there may be 60FPS+ PC players vs 30FPS PS3 players
Azus1911
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Re: RPCS3 now has online

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm

P0pK0Rn1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm
at some point in future there may be 60FPS+ PC players vs 30FPS PS3 players
If we get MGO2 running better than on original hardware then why would you still play on original hardware? the MGS4 experience can be taken to whole new level not being held back by the PS3, especially since its very very unlikely we'll ever get a remaster.
User avatar
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1046
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Re:

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:25 am

Guriqbal Singh Diosee wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:30 am
Hi I reinstalled mgs 2 again but when I turn on ps3hen it says update server responded with an error what does that mean
No idea... I haven't used HEN.
Azus1911 wrote:
P0pK0Rn1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm
at some point in future there may be 60FPS+ PC players vs 30FPS PS3 players
If we get MGO2 running better than on original hardware then why would you still play on original hardware? the MGS4 experience can be taken to whole new level not being held back by the PS3, especially since its very very unlikely we'll ever get a remaster.
That'll be very far in the future lol... Don't expect that any time soon.
Azus1911
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Re: Re:

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:25 am
Guriqbal Singh Diosee wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:30 am
Hi I reinstalled mgs 2 again but when I turn on ps3hen it says update server responded with an error what does that mean
No idea... I haven't used HEN.
Azus1911 wrote:
P0pK0Rn1 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:45 pm
at some point in future there may be 60FPS+ PC players vs 30FPS PS3 players
If we get MGO2 running better than on original hardware then why would you still play on original hardware? the MGS4 experience can be taken to whole new level not being held back by the PS3, especially since its very very unlikely we'll ever get a remaster.
That'll be very far in the future lol... Don't expect that any time soon.
Wow the man himself replied to me i'm a big fan of your work!!
I think you should wait on the emulator a bit more because its current state isn't that great as it stands runs <60% of games, later on when and if RPCS3 because a real alternative to the original hardware, then if you feel like it you might give it a try.

Much respect!
wwm0nkey
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:57 am

Re: RPCS3 now has online

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:22 pm

Excited to hop back on when this is all up and running!

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Discord

Forum Theme