R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
AnalPanda

Re: R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:41 am

oh dang, i just bought a ps3 and got mgs4 for this.. i skimmed Trumps resignation, its that toxic??
\
Xoda94

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:58 pm

I agree with you 100%. a lot of players only think about acquired levels, about gp. it's sad. join the community's WhatsApp. try to make friends. try to create your own games to play between "cool" people. I am lvl 16/17, I play practically only in "Mix" and I accept all the players of any level, unfortunately sometimes in my own host the players in majority decided to kick the low levels. stay in the game, mgo is worth it. the administrators did an incredible job of bringing mgo back. don't forget that. I hope we will meet in the game.
Anna-Kova. (French).
RedVapora

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:10 pm

I really wanted to come back to this game and bring like 10 of my friends who used to play, but if its still kick heavy over a virtual number then I'm still going to pass. I can't believe I spent money on a ps3 when I had a feeling this was going to be a problem.

This game is never going to have that same feel it once did because of people like this and Admins who abuse their powers.
KelSolaar

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:00 pm

It's not like that in all rooms mate, keep trying. What kind of game do ypu like to play?
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears... in rain. Time to die...🕊
Solid_V4mp

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 pm

SCRO wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:05 am
I think this same depredator guy tried to kick me straight away in my third game back from years of a hiatus. Got kicked out of another game before I even knew I was being kicked too.

If you guys could ban bad eggs that would be great, a game with a community this small and fragile doesn't need the negativity of people like that.
Pretty sure it's him. The guy is a total jerk. Some weeks ago he entered in the same TDM room that i was playing and it took him a few minutes to start calling people noob and criticize their play style. I can only imagine how shitty is the life of someone so obsessed with level and try hard play in a dead game to the point of becoming a toxic wretch.

I agree with you. If the staff cared to set strict anti-toxicity rules, guys like him would receive the deserved ban, or at least feel intimidated before starting to act like douches. Maybe even players like Peacewalker would return to play the game.
Last edited by Solid_V4mp on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solid_V4mp

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:32 pm

AnalPanda wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:41 am
oh dang, i just bought a ps3 and got mgs4 for this.. i skimmed Trumps resignation, its that toxic??
\
Hi Analpanda!

Here is trump's resignation topic:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=469&p=4394#p4394

get some time to read. imo, yeah it's toxic lol.

But, as i said, you can still have a lot of fun with the game. You already got the ps3 and the mgs4, now it's a question of play with the right people and avoid the bad ones. Welcome back and have fun ;)
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Trump is a drama queen take everything he says with a grain of salt. And for the game being toxic? Theres a mute and a block button and they work so i suggest using it.
SCRO

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:09 am

Block list works great actually, I've found it very easy to avoid dickheads using it, and even noticed that a couple of trolls haven't been online since I reported them to a mod with video/image evidence.

Also does the block list automatically mute someone's text and voice chat? If it did, and people weren't able to ban anymore, that would be amazing.

Also is there a 1.40 update or is that a meme? I heard new maps could be a thing and thought they might be just ripped from the main game, even if they're not really suited for multiplayer.

The final mission on the massive boat thingy from MGS4 would make a decent map though. The Raging Raven level probably wouldn't work so well.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 am

Solid_V4mp wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 pm
If the staff cared to set strict anti-toxicity rules, guys like him would receive the deserved ban, or at least feel intimidated before starting to act like douches.
This is very hard to do correctly. We're slowly trying to change the community's behavior. But it's really hard when it was so toxic back in the day, and people continue to act that way. I think it's getting better, but there is definitely still room for improvement.

SCRO wrote: Also does the block list automatically mute someone's text and voice chat? If it did, and people weren't able to ban anymore, that would be amazing.

Also is there a 1.40 update or is that a meme? I heard new maps could be a thing and thought they might be just ripped from the main game, even if they're not really suited for multiplayer.
I don't believe it does, unfortunately.

We would like to get a game update out soon with some new content. Maps will still be a while because I need to continue research and working on tools.
AnalPanda

Sat May 02, 2020 12:54 am

Xoda94 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:58 pm
I agree with you 100%. a lot of players only think about acquired levels, about gp. it's sad. join the community's WhatsApp. try to make friends. try to create your own games to play between "cool" people. I am lvl 16/17, I play practically only in "Mix" and I accept all the players of any level, unfortunately sometimes in my own host the players in majority decided to kick the low levels. stay in the game, mgo is worth it. the administrators did an incredible job of bringing mgo back. don't forget that. I hope we will meet in the game.
Anna-Kova. (French).
i ended up downloading mgo2 because of your nice message, i did get to join a few matches, only to be kicked few times (i wasnt suprised) but there was a a tsne with higher levels, that were really fun to play against, real friendly, there was a language barrier but they didnt flip when i was doing bad and the other team were just being friendly with their "gg glhf", remind me of good times.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”