R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Mumra2k
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Red Eight 8 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:37 pm
Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:03 am
Red Eight 8 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pm
On a side note. I’m sure there is a reason. But why has 96k not been removed as an upload option. No one in today’s world has internet so bad they need 96k to remain connected. 256 should be the default and minimum.
Haven't figured out a way to do it. Would have done it by now if we could.
If only you could automatically pick up which players are on anything less and take action that way - start by giving them crap ranks / emblems / gear they cant change until they get off it. The MGO equivalent of a dunce hat :lol:
You underestimate the trolls (and those who just want to achieve everything). Did you ever play MGO1? I remember how there were toxic players that loved nothing more than to achieve the rank awarded for team killing players. They would sport it like a badge of honour, much like how there are players who do the same with GTAV:online dunce hats ;D

The ability to completely remove 96K would be ideal.
Mageh533

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:10 pm

Not gonna lie but the toxicity and the amount of times i got kicked for low level and forced to only play TDM was dumb and drove me away from MGO. Worse of all its that one time i decided to host my own lobby as everyone says to not get kicked, once the room got filled to a decent number even though i was the host i got vote kicked for being low levelled so the high level people could join and this was what got me to stop MGO for a while.

Ill give MGO2 another go once it works on RPCS3 since i’ve seen its going to happen sooner than i thought, i just hope ill be able to play something that isn’t TDM since it just gets too boring. I still think that there should be something to be done about this since this community is very small and the biggest thing it needs its to attract new players and not drive them away.
Pankratous

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:50 pm

Jumped on. Played a couple games. Nobody talks. Seemed alright.
AMYROSEMGO2

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:24 am

There is no cure for a cancerous community same people who brought it back are the same that kick low levels on a dead game I haven’t tried to play in over 6 months due to being kicked for doing good as a low level I rarely play
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:29 am

Mageh533 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:10 pm
Not gonna lie but the toxicity and the amount of times i got kicked for low level and forced to only play TDM was dumb and drove me away from MGO. Worse of all its that one time i decided to host my own lobby as everyone says to not get kicked, once the room got filled to a decent number even though i was the host i got vote kicked for being low levelled so the high level people could join and this was what got me to stop MGO for a while.

Ill give MGO2 another go once it works on RPCS3 since i’ve seen its going to happen sooner than i thought, i just hope ill be able to play something that isn’t TDM since it just gets too boring. I still think that there should be something to be done about this since this community is very small and the biggest thing it needs its to attract new players and not drive them away.
Yes, it's unfortunate, and might never be fixed. We'll see what happens when adding emu support. Might only get new players for a few days honestly.
KindaCursed

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:21 pm
KindaCursed wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:46 am
Hi,

I just came to play this game since along time ago because of my friends told me about it, so we can play with each other.
Anyway I was in my friend room which is Yuna " TSNE ROOM " the tk is allowed there because its one of his " Rules ", However, I tked one guy for fun just to see his reaction. " his name was Slayer " people call him "Abo Manaf " and after that I got disconnected I tried to log in but I couldnt because he BANNED ME I guess.

the question is now, is there people out there banning other people for just having fun because they dont like what happened to them ?

another question, was it a mistake or he really banned me for that reason which " It does NOT seem fair at all " I played with the host rules and he wasnt the host.

I just wanna know if there is a system who will take some good actions or should I just stfu :D ?

thank you
Don't TK, I don't care what host says.
If you were disconnected from game and can't log in, you were banned. But he can't ban, and it doesn't sound like you were, I don't know what your issue was.

I just came back since I was in work for all this time, anyway i just saw ur massage and I thought Im not banned but in fact Im.
when I log in into my account it says ur banned for teamkill

anyway anyone can help ?
quAlityassured2

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:56 am

Let’s be honest. Most genuine level 10s - 13s are only so low because they get dicked on by level 16s on alts in TDM and they probably don’t understand that when they leave they get heavily penalised GP wise.

A casual player is probably getting hugely penalised for leaving a 99 ticket MM that’s 3v3 where half of the other team are lvl 16s on new alts.

I genuinely feel the game is designed in favour of increasing level and GP over time. If there were no alts ever. We’d all be at level 19/20 vs level 15/16. The game favours general progression in my mind. It’s only the constant stream of alts that stops that progression

(I say as I write on my 2nd account - hypocrisy I know. But there are players with literally 10 accounts out there and counting)

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”