R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
SONOMAMASHINE

Re: R.I.P MGO. Ruined by a virgin community.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:06 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:14 am
Gamer12m wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Good response.
Yes, raising the default level would just raise all levels. But even when everyone was level 0, you could still tell who's the worst in the room. It'll just take a little bit longer.
The biggest issue for the less-skilled players is the low player count. More players would mean more less-skilled players in general. But outside of some heavy advertising, the player count is going to be difficult to get up. Many older games have this issue, not just MGO.
The only fix to the problem is (people wont like this) :
when you enter a room (game lobby) you wont see names just a number from 1 to 12/16, players wont know who's who.
basically players name get replaced by a number.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:40 am

SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
when you enter a room (game lobby) you wont see names just a number from 1 to 12/16, players wont know who's who.
Interesting idea, but you need a sense of community, especially with such a small population.
SONOMAMASHINE

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:40 am
SONOMAMASHINE wrote:
Interesting idea, but you need a sense of community, especially with such a small population.
People can still host a game with a password on if he wants to play with he's friends, but if you want people to join, learn, make new friends, expand the community & specially change the mentality of the community, i see it as a valuable solution.
i try to make myself in other players perspective ( i log, try to enter a room, i get kicked) where is the fun in that ? i quit.
Not good for the community in the long run.
(excuse my eng)
Red Eight 8

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am

The sense of community died many years ago I’m afraid. Long gone are the days where people would host in the training lobby and teach people how to box pop, cqc, change certain settings. Etc.
It’s now mainly made up with people who i personally saw ruin the game. Toxic and Overly caring about GP or level / their reputation. Kicking people, abusing people, restarting every 10seconds. The anger of some people in this game is outstanding. Like their personal lives must be pretty messed up to be that angry after 12 odd years.

I might be proved wrong. But unless you can miraculously get 1000 odd new players to join and play at the same time as if it’s a new game release. You’ll never change what the community is now. It’s basically the same players wanting to play against the same people they always do, in the same maps and the same modes on repeat. CC Cap, OO base followed with AA race and BB base. If there dares to be a variation then it’s skipped or people would rather sit waiting in the lobby not playing.

You can’t change that without a massive influx of players and that’s not likely to happen.

I do love the JP players tho. They don’t talk during games. They don’t kick 24/7. They say thank you to the host when they join and leave. Just respectful to each other generally.
Red Eight 8

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pm

On a side note. I’m sure there is a reason. But why has 96k not been removed as an upload option. No one in today’s world has internet so bad they need 96k to remain connected. 256 should be the default and minimum.
Derrik ∞ GHz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:03 am

Red Eight 8 wrote:
On a side note. I’m sure there is a reason. But why has 96k not been removed as an upload option. No one in today’s world has internet so bad they need 96k to remain connected. 256 should be the default and minimum.
Haven't figured out a way to do it. Would have done it by now if we could.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Red Eight 8 wrote:
512 should be the only option.
Red Eight 8

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:03 am
Red Eight 8 wrote:
Haven't figured out a way to do it. Would have done it by now if we could.
If only you could automatically pick up which players are on anything less and take action that way - start by giving them crap ranks / emblems / gear they cant change until they get off it. The MGO equivalent of a dunce hat :lol:
Mumra2k
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:39 am

Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 am
Solid_V4mp wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:10 pm
If the staff cared to set strict anti-toxicity rules, guys like him would receive the deserved ban, or at least feel intimidated before starting to act like douches.
This is very hard to do correctly. We're slowly trying to change the community's behavior. But it's really hard when it was so toxic back in the day, and people continue to act that way. I think it's getting better, but there is definitely still room for improvement.
As stated, this is hard to do correctly. Admins have been generally guided towards not being strict against anti-toxicity. The current administration policy is basically unless players are found to be directly breaking the game mechanics, and provide video proof of the transgression, then nothing happens. There are pros and cons to this approach, all of which point towards how it affects the player base of this game. The cons of this approach need little explanation, as you've stated, you get "douches" doing toxic behaviour that affect the gaming experience of others. The actions of such toxic few have a detrimental effect on the experience of many others, such as yourself. Though you created this post, I'm certain there is a great deal more that feel the way you do and consequently play MGO2R less - many of the other entries in this thread is indeed proof of this.

The positives to this style of Administration, I believe are;
1) Less bureaucracy: There are a small number of admins who can't always be present across the many different games across the many different timezones. Time would need to be spent, probably by Ghz, to outline the rules of defining what is and isn't toxic-behaviour. Then that policy would need to be enforced, leading me to the second point.

2) Admins are gamers: Admins love to play this game as much as anyone else. Time spent interpreting and monitoring and reprimanding the toxic behaviour of others is time not spent enjoying the game. Making gaming less of a pastime. So, one way of looking at it is, "unless it can be proven offenders broke the game mechanics" pretty much nothing is off-limits as far as Admins exercising any power. Case and point, below:
Derrik ∞ GHz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:24 am
ObeyMyEgo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm
Been gone forever. But what you're saying is. Even if a hosts puts tking allowed into th description, you won't allow it and will ban people for doing so?
Depends on situation. But I don't keep track of what's in the description, so whatever is there I really can't take into consideration. Not to mention hosts can just change description whenever they want.
3) It takes a village: The current policy of discouraging Admins to directly address anti-toxic behaviour puts the power of policing anti-toxic behaviour back directly into the hands of the community itself. And by this, I refer to the in-game vote-kick.
The unsaid message to the MGO2R community appears to be similar to the US government's message to it's citizens. "See something. Say something. Do something". The only thing you can do is communicate with others in the host-room you're in and place your vote-kick. From there, it appears it's hit and miss. Examples from this thead alone, below:
DramacidalFH wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:50 pm
Indeed. Amazing game, terrible community. In large part due to the "OGs" and "pros" who rage kick anyone who beats them, or might possibly cause them to lose the level they most likely have due to the bullshit lag that is everywhere on this game now, since "Kik rp" does not apply to the hosts buddies...
Solid_V4mp wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:21 pm
...I've joined mgo a few months ago and some time after that my excitement was gone due to free toxicity of stupid people. I remember I've entered a "Everyone Welcome" room of RES, where a host called Depredator and his virgin try hard friends started to insult and tried to rage kick me all because "low LVL NOOB GET LOST I'M PRO" and stuff like this. A few decent people in that room voted no and tried to defend me, but Depredator threatened to close the room if i was not kicked....
Solid_V4mp wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:20 am
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:53 pm
Trump is a drama queen take everything he says with a grain of salt. And for the game being toxic? Theres a mute and a block button and they work so i suggest using it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but blocking and muting does not prevent people to vote/cmd-kick abuse another player for reasons like "nOoB, lOl l0w level, kick or end, etc.", even if it helps against trash talkers and makes you avoid entering in rooms full of dickheads.
To conclude, I'll respond to this:
iihandle wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 am
This game is a joke....Advice to admins - with all due respect, you're out of touch with what the community needs. You had the chance of doing things better than KONAMI but this site fucked up.
Shame, real shame.
Until admin guidelines are changed (which most likely won't) the community remains reflective of what it is by how as a whole it treats its own. It dictates what it wants in how it polices itself, and in how it chooses to vote-kick. Unless you are pointing out glitchers wrongfully hindering the experience of others (caveat: glitchers are allowed to host their own glitching rooms if appropriately disclosed) then you cannot look to admins to address anti-toxic behaviour.

Speaking of glitchers, I have to disagree that Konami was doing things better. They weren't (perhaps for JP servers things were different?). At the very least, what can be said with few arguments is that MGO2R is not plagued by glitchers in the same way Konami let them run rampant among NA and EU servers.

Hopefully, I'll see you in-game sometime (watch out for my mags)!
president trump

Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 am

Mumra2k wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:39 am
Remember how you repeatedly command kicked players, closed their rooms, and threw little bitch fits on noobs when they stole your kill? You are, in large part, the type of toxic virgin admin that this thread and many others are complaining about. You and your friend Viper ruined this game by abusing everything you had access to.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”