Admins need to be more strict on the Toxicity on MGO2R

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
ZYNAPS

Admins need to be more strict on the Toxicity on MGO2R

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:45 pm

Hello,
I currently go by the name of LostWoods, im sure many of you are aware of my name in the community. I have been in the MGO2R community for a duration of almost 3 years, and i can honestly say its been a blast. I have met some incredible people, and im glad this game is still going. I pray for the longevity of MGO, since its always been a huge part of my gaming life. I remember playing it from the age of only 9 years back in 2008 and it was one of my first ever online games. At the age of 20 playing mgo at this moment of time is honestly a blessing and thats why id like to give a huge thank you for the effort, hardwork and love the SAVEMGO staff have put into bringing Mgo1, and mgo2 too back. Recently, the community hasnt been the best for not only me but for new players. Now i know this is MGO and toxicty is kind of invevitible, but im hoping admins can infringe rules that are a little less lenient on this. Its pretty upsetting to have to deal with the shit people bring to some rooms, which only adds stress to our real lifes. Personally i engage in games that make me zone out and create an escape from the outside world. It sometimes makes me wonder why with such very few of us, people continue to bring negative energy. This is a huge reason why i simply dont engage in other online games because the population is on a much larger scale and its almost impossible to control it, MGO2R however, is not. Sadly, Issues like these seem to arise in mainly the KNIFE, and TSNE rooms. Now its not fair to ignore the rules for knife rooms because knife should be respected in the same manor as a TSNE room, MIX or Rescue room. The issue im having is, that its the same shitty people bringing this community down and its frustrating because i feel like i dont want participate in any rooms that they are in. Now i know people will argue to host my own room, but again its still an issue because people will alt, no matter how many times you block them. I've decided to take a break from MGO2 for the time being, and i hope someone gives a shit and reads this message. Im just really frustrated lately with the energy people are bringing to the various rooms that are being hosted. all i ask is admins to mention it more frequently in public server messages, maybe empahize more on this issue in the MGO related discords because i feel like its not given much importance. I think as a community we should treat each other with nothing but respect and if this continues to be problem i simply wont ever play again. Again, people will argue this is MGO2 people will always be toxic, yeah im not saying people cant be toxic, but when its the same people doing the same shit different day it gets really exhausting and tiring and these people need some sort of punishment. Now, ive been banned for racist remarks and for various other chat issues, and i feel like this rule should apply to everyone. Its also stated in the SAVEMGO rules and its also a bannable offence. I just wish people realised that community is running only for the PURPOSE of enjoyment. People dont realise that they are killing peoples enjoyment without even realising it. Now im not going to argue that im some sort of saint but again i know when to stop and i do bring postive energy 90% of the time that i do play mgo2. I just wish people would realise that its 2020, and this game isnt as competitive as it used to be. I just wish people can play it for fun and not play it to piss others off. Because i feel like thats some peoples intentions.
Hope you give it a read, sorry if its a bit jumbled up but i really needed to get this off my chest, i hope you read everything. Feel free to comment, i have lots to say tbh.
Love LostWoods.
Ibrahim

Re: Admins need to be more strict on the Toxicity on MGO2R

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi, Lostwoods

I feel like the game still being competitive is a good thing, I enjoy the game much more cause of this. MGO2R will always be very toxic it's just how the game has been and will remain like this. If u find individuals who are being extremely toxic towards you I suggest you mute them in-game as this is what Konami made to stop cyberbullying and u can block them too. Another thing Knife rooms suck and no one really cares about knife rooms as not a lot of people play it. Have a good day we miss u.
ZYNAPS

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:49 pm

Ibrahim wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm
Hi, Lostwoods

I feel like the game still being competitive is a good thing, I enjoy the game much more cause of this. MGO2R will always be very toxic it's just how the game has been and will remain like this. If u find individuals who are being extremely toxic towards you I suggest you mute them in-game as this is what Konami made to stop cyberbullying and u can block them too. Another thing Knife rooms suck and no one really cares about knife rooms as not a lot of people play it. Have a good day we miss u.
Ty ibbz,
Im glad theres still people who bring that competive element to the game, thats a different type of energy that also keeps the game going especially for a mix player like yourself. Yea MGO2R will always be toxic theres no doubt about, i wish admins would take it more seriously though. And like i mentioned in my orginal post, MGO2R is on a much smaller scale then other online games out there in terms of population, so its not hard to keep things under control imo. I like that idea tbh of muting them in chat, but issues can also be non-chat related too like looping, kick requests etc. Its a bundle of things that contribute to this level of toxicty. Knife rooms should be respect like any other room bro, I know its dead and not alot of people pay attention to it, but at the end of the day people only get onto mgo to play knife. Keeping rules consistent throughout the lobbies will only promote the longevity of this community. I miss u too i appreciate and agree with some of the things you said.
Ekans0

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am

Hey Loost.

Nice that you shared your thoughts with the desire of improving this community.
Try to avoid some toxic games by BL or ignoring them. You bring good intentions and vibes to this server, keep going on that!

See you around mate.
Earth Zero clan admin.| Expect the unexpected.
PeaceWalker

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Hey LW, its Peace Walker. All I'd suggest is just mute/block the people bothering you. When I was your age, I'd always chat shit on MGO but now as I get older, I mellowed out and never argue now on MGO. What's the point? At the end of the day, it's just gonna cause you grief. Ignore the ones bothering you and eventually they'll find someone else to bother.

Keep playing mate, MGO is too fun to let some insignificant ppl ruin it for you.
majid651651

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Love you Lostwoods 😭
Your good friend always never given up on MGO2R
i wish i had time to play like before because my work time is 4:30 am tell
8:45 pm all day I'm out side the house
Driving all day long 😫 I've deleted discord from my phone because I don't have internet like before sorry :(
majid651651_
Hit me up on PSN i check twice a week the message.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”