Page 1 of 1

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:02 pm
by Solid Mountain
It's an unfortunate shitshow and always has been. Think about this fact... Almost the entirety of the remaining player base and administration reigns from Saudi Arabia... The head administrator / wizard of oz GHZ himself is a member of ISIS!! Think about it, for a minute and it will make sense.

These guys are just using the revival server for their own evil pleasure. This is a sad fact. I'd love to jump back in and play myself, but it's kind of hard when you can't even actually have fun. Not even a simple game of TDM or SNE is possible. All thanks to the racial divides and social issues of the community as a whole (maybe 50 - 100 people / terrorists)

It'd probably be a good idea for the wizard of oz himself to just go ahead and release everything needed to setup / run the server at this point. That way the people who actually deserve to play this game, can have a chance to play on a different server with an entirely different administration team. Lets face the facts, SaveMGO is widely known to be fuckin' retarded throughout whats left of the PS3 / Homebrew / CFW scene.

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 pm
by president trump
I absolutely agree.

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:44 pm
by CORONACHAN
Lmao is this true? What are the details?

Logged in the other night for the first time in two years and had a p good time. Maybe I'm out of the loop?

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:16 pm
by president trump
CORONACHAN wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:44 pm
Lmao is this true? What are the details?

Logged in the other night for the first time in two years and had a p good time. Maybe I'm out of the loop?
The problems with the SaveMGO administration are detailed in several threads over the past few forum pages. Most notable is the Shitshow Cover-Up (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=804), my Official Resignation (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=469&p=4394#p4394), and most recently, Dope's Admin Power Abuse (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1023). When you have players exempt from the rules, actively working against the community due to their own selfishness, it's no wonder the game sucks for everybody else.

As for the rest of the original post, the North American region is the least populated of the server, and players from Middle-Eastern countries populate a considerable amount of the EU players. JP has the most players still, but it doesn't peak more than maybe 120 at any given time. If you live on the west coast they may allow you to play with them, but oftentimes you'll be kicked even if you're half ping. For the rest of us, it is necessary to play with international players, despite lag, attitudes problems, inappropriate behaviour, and the rest of the nonsense. Fun can still be had, sure, until you start owning the host and he blocks/remakes, lag the wrong person and it gets you kicked, or just have your spot in the only room available stolen from you so some kingshit admin can play.

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm
by CORONACHAN
president trump wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:16 pm
CORONACHAN wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:44 pm
Lmao is this true? What are the details?

Logged in the other night for the first time in two years and had a p good time. Maybe I'm out of the loop?
The problems with the SaveMGO administration are detailed in several threads over the past few forum pages. Most notable is the Shitshow Cover-Up (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=804), my Official Resignation (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=469&p=4394#p4394), and most recently, Dope's Admin Power Abuse (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1023). When you have players exempt from the rules, actively working against the community due to their own selfishness, it's no wonder the game sucks for everybody else.

As for the rest of the original post, the North American region is the least populated of the server, and players from Middle-Eastern countries populate a considerable amount of the EU players. JP has the most players still, but it doesn't peak more than maybe 120 at any given time. If you live on the west coast they may allow you to play with them, but oftentimes you'll be kicked even if you're half ping. For the rest of us, it is necessary to play with international players, despite lag, attitudes problems, inappropriate behaviour, and the rest of the nonsense. Fun can still be had, sure, until you start owning the host and he blocks/remakes, lag the wrong person and it gets you kicked, or just have your spot in the only room available stolen from you so some kingshit admin can play.
I read through the third thread you sent when i first registered here actually. Shame to see the user go; I've been removed twice right after joining but figured it's because of my low level, a private match, or my name, not because of admin abuse.

As for your resignation, I've been confused by this. You're still here; so you just play and don't admin now or you don't play at all? In the former case it may have been better to stay as a good admin maybe.

I have a few buds who I used to play with in 08/09 who are all from east coast NA; I'll see about getting them involved so maybe we won't be stuck playing with as many ISIS (?) members.

Update: Just read your resignation post (at work hue).
Why do you still browse the forums if you don't play or assist in administration?

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 pm
by president trump
CORONACHAN wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm
I read through the third thread you sent when i first registered here actually. Shame to see the user go; I've been removed twice right after joining but figured it's because of my low level, a private match, or my name, not because of admin abuse.

As for your resignation, I've been confused by this. You're still here; so you just play and don't admin now or you don't play at all? In the former case it may have been better to stay as a good admin maybe.

I have a few buds who I used to play with in 08/09 who are all from east coast NA; I'll see about getting them involved so maybe we won't be stuck playing with as many ISIS (?) members.

Update: Just read your resignation post (at work hue).
Why do you still browse the forums if you don't play or assist in administration?
I quit on principle and to bring light to the fact we were allowing a glitcher to continue playing, even after circumventing multiple bans. I still play a few times a year, to make occasional videos and "for fun". But other than that, the game's no longer worth sticking around for.

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:22 pm
by CORONACHAN
president trump wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 pm
CORONACHAN wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm
I read through the third thread you sent when i first registered here actually. Shame to see the user go; I've been removed twice right after joining but figured it's because of my low level, a private match, or my name, not because of admin abuse.

As for your resignation, I've been confused by this. You're still here; so you just play and don't admin now or you don't play at all? In the former case it may have been better to stay as a good admin maybe.

I have a few buds who I used to play with in 08/09 who are all from east coast NA; I'll see about getting them involved so maybe we won't be stuck playing with as many ISIS (?) members.

Update: Just read your resignation post (at work hue).
Why do you still browse the forums if you don't play or assist in administration?
I quit on principle and to bring light to the fact we were allowing a glitcher to continue playing, even after circumventing multiple bans. I still play a few times a year, to make occasional videos and "for fun". But other than that, the game's no longer worth sticking around for.
Any optimism over whether or not it could end up being playable by PC players or is that a dead road?

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 pm
by president trump
CORONACHAN wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:22 pm
president trump wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 pm
CORONACHAN wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm
I read through the third thread you sent when i first registered here actually. Shame to see the user go; I've been removed twice right after joining but figured it's because of my low level, a private match, or my name, not because of admin abuse.

As for your resignation, I've been confused by this. You're still here; so you just play and don't admin now or you don't play at all? In the former case it may have been better to stay as a good admin maybe.

I have a few buds who I used to play with in 08/09 who are all from east coast NA; I'll see about getting them involved so maybe we won't be stuck playing with as many ISIS (?) members.

Update: Just read your resignation post (at work hue).
Why do you still browse the forums if you don't play or assist in administration?
I quit on principle and to bring light to the fact we were allowing a glitcher to continue playing, even after circumventing multiple bans. I still play a few times a year, to make occasional videos and "for fun". But other than that, the game's no longer worth sticking around for.
Any optimism over whether or not it could end up being playable by PC players or is that a dead road?
I have no doubt in Ghz's ability as a developer to create a working version for PC. But I do doubt there are many potential players actually waiting to play MGO2R on PC. Metal Gear Solid is known for being a Playstation exclusive, with only MGSV and MG Survive being released multi-platform. If potential players have been curious enough at this point to know about MGO2, and are further inclined to want to experience it on PC, I'd hope they would also be able to discern how shitty the community is for the game. Not much of a point in them joining just to leave in a week.

Re: What's up with the MGO2 community?

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:10 pm
by CORONACHAN
president trump wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 pm
CORONACHAN wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:22 pm
president trump wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 pm


I quit on principle and to bring light to the fact we were allowing a glitcher to continue playing, even after circumventing multiple bans. I still play a few times a year, to make occasional videos and "for fun". But other than that, the game's no longer worth sticking around for.
Any optimism over whether or not it could end up being playable by PC players or is that a dead road?
I have no doubt in Ghz's ability as a developer to create a working version for PC. But I do doubt there are many potential players actually waiting to play MGO2R on PC. Metal Gear Solid is known for being a Playstation exclusive, with only MGSV and MG Survive being released multi-platform. If potential players have been curious enough at this point to know about MGO2, and are further inclined to want to experience it on PC, I'd hope they would also be able to discern how shitty the community is for the game. Not much of a point in them joining just to leave in a week.
His Hope and Optimism:


GONE