How do people get headshots?

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Army Soldier

How do people get headshots?

Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 pm

I recently started playing this and I notice a lot of people insta kill with headshots really quickly. I'm not good at aiming, how do I pull those headshots off? Is it the lock-on aim assist feature? Or are they using good scopes and in first person?
JoeGillian06

Re: How do people get headshots?

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:14 am

Hi!
Can be cool if someone explan more about this game... I have the same problem as Army Soldier.
president trump

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Most players have been playing this game from anywhere from 5-11yrs at this point...

Few good tips include: keep your camera at headshot level (since all characters are the same height), use the fastest camera speeds you can adjust yourself to, use Assault Rifle 2, and practice, practice practice. Left shoulder shooting may also help you to keep your camera more steady.
I've resigned. I am no longer involved with SaveMGO.
SONOMAMASHINE

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:41 am

i highly recommend you to disregard GEN/prime minister black aladin link (such a horrible aim) and check RYU channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7qmwkogNdI
Mumra2k
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm

1. What is your play style
2. Know your weapon
3. Muscle memory
4. Watch and emulate
5. Miscellaneous variables

1. What is your play style?
There are two ends of the style spectrum.
"Pray and Sprayers", who shoot in the same way firemen aim firehoses at a burning building and then you have accuracy masters, who are economic with their ammo and can near enough 1-shot headshot kill everything.
While you are this early in the game, you should decide which direction you want to aspire towards. Both have the same end result, it's just a question of style and personal taste.

2. Know your weapon
Knowing the weapon makes you also know how best to use it. If you're a player that likes to pray & spray, then you might feel the need to compensate how you shoot using supporting skillsets ie. Assault Rifle 2 is extremely popular, though not a necessity. If, as how I've explained earlier, you feel you are more accurate and know how to use your weapon of choice, then you can achieve high ranks, clutch matches and diversify your playing style by using other skills.

2. Muscle memory
Accuracy kills. Learn how to pre-aim with the camera so that every time you look down sight or activate the weapon's reticle, you are already lined up for a headshot without the need to make any adjustments. This takes practice.

3. Watch and emulate
The both styles mentioned in point 1, can be found on YouTube. Unfortunately, there is an abundance of "Pray and spray" footage out there which, for me, showcase more 'luck and panic' than actual accuracy and skill. Regardless on whether it is Assault Rifle 2, Runner 2 footage or TSNE mk2 mastery, train your eye to appreciate and emulate high accuracy.

For rifle play, M$nake's channel is a good example of consistent accuracy, though he mainly used the AK.
https://www.youtube.com/user/xMSnake

Here's an example of great AR2 R2 used ideally with high pre-aim accuracy:
https://youtu.be/2_loSIeQgM4

And of course, for ultimate head-shot accuracy I steer you towards Abu's channel and how he wields the mk2. I wish he used the same patience and accuracy with his assault rifles but make no mistake, with the mk2 he has no rival as far as YouTube footage goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h1XC8P ... LUuuFGurK6

5. Miscellaneous variables
Ping: If you ask around, more experienced players will instruct you best on what upload settings you should set your game to to ensure you have high ping and therefore, better shot registration.
Lag: this is associated with ping as described above. Lag is what you always wish to avoid on your end where possible. Playing via wired ethernet connection with your PS3 is a good start.

Record: if you really want to go the extra mile. Record what you do and re-watch yourself, particularly in the places where you failed or paniced. Take mental notes and then attempt to make better decisions for the next time.

Hope this helped. Best of luck. See you out there on the battlefield, soldier! 8-)
president trump

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Mumra2k wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 pm
Hope this helped. Best of luck. See you out there on the battlefield, soldier! 8-)
Spoiler:
I certainly fucking hope not.
Mumra2k
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:12 am

Oh, one more thing, with regards to securing headshots, there are also other situations such as, after CQC animations that if practiced can guarantee headshots. However, that being said, this is considered more of an advanced tactic - but also worth practicing in practice doll rooms or in private non-stat rooms with willing friends.

Have fun and best of luck!
president trump

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 am

Mumra2k wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:12 am
Oh, one more thing, with regards to securing headshots, there are also other situations such as, after CQC animations that if practiced can guarantee headshots. However, that being said, this is considered more of an advanced tactic - but also worth practicing in practice doll rooms or in private non-stat rooms with willing friends.

Have fun and best of luck!
Don't come back after 18 months and act like people have forgotten the shit you did.
Don't come back and act like you have anything worth contributing to this community when you did nothing but ruin it when you were given the opportunity.
Don't come back and "help noobs" when you're a piss poor irrelevant player in your own regard and you would just kick him as soon as he stole your kill anyways.

Also, the tactic you're describing is referred to as "pistol-whipping". Not useful information at all considering he's talking about how he gets fucked up as soon as he spawns in.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”