MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
Og_Bags

Re: MGO2 Development Discussion .v2

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Can't wait to play TSNE again, absolutely my favorite game mode when I was a kid. The fact you guys are bringing it and we are going to be able to play again is sick. I don't see myself buying anymore video games for awhile as long as mgo2 is up. Lets get it
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Og_Bags wrote:Can't wait to play TSNE again, absolutely my favorite game mode when I was a kid. The fact you guys are bringing it and we are going to be able to play again is sick. I don't see myself buying anymore video games for awhile as long as mgo2 is up. Lets get it
Best mode in the game. Haven't been able to play it for a while though.
SamueLPuyoL

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm

How much time is left for ofw?
TheBloodyGlove

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 pm

I have been trying to host tsne on some days. But then it gets hijacked by bunch of RES lovers. It will be nice having a bunch more people for tsne
XxAsunaxX

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 pm

SamueLPuyoL wrote:How much time is left for ofw?
There's no date yet, but the estimated time is late April to early May (could take more time if needed)
Tiger

Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Very thankful for the Devs and GHZ's work. Keep it up!
GHzGangster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 am

Still working on the launcher... Still haven't had as much time to work on everything.

Had to fix some stuff in the homebrew SDK I'm using (not Sony's), related to the game data functions. Took a while for me to realize that was the issue.
Now I can actually manage the game data separately, so I'll have game data for the Disc rip, and game data for MGO's data. Should make it a lot easier to reinstall if anything goes bad.
I did figure out that the method to load my background plugin for MGO doesn't work outside of debug mode really, so that sucked. Spent a lot of time on that method a few months ago, so I'll have to figure out another way to load my plugin and hook methods. This is pretty important to have running, so a bit more time I'll have to spend, which kinda sucks.
Besides that, all I really need to be able to do is make sure all the MGO data gets installed correctly. Once the launcher is done, there is just a bit more server work I'll have to do, and then I'll try and roll out a CFW 1.36 Beta. Once all that is stable, then it's on to finishing up everything for OFW, which shouldn't be a whole lot extra on top of what I need for CFW.

tl;dr Maybe 1.36 CFW by end of the month? :geek:
55-VAMP-55

Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 am

can i donate for the site ?
Yoshi-K

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:08 am

GHzGangster wrote:Still working on the launcher... Still haven't had as much time to work on everything.

-DETAILS-

tl;dr Maybe 1.36 CFW by end of the month? :geek:
I have two questions, one how old are you GHz(Im prepared to feel super old) and two, where in the world did you learn to be THIS good at reverse engineering and custom coding for proprietary games?
vincecohen

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 pm

GHzGangster wrote: Had to fix some stuff in the homebrew SDK I'm using (not Sony's), related to the game data functions. Took a while for me to realize that was the issue.
Now I can actually manage the game data separately, so I'll have game data for the Disc rip, and game data for MGO's data. Should make it a lot easier to reinstall if anything goes bad.
W O W! nice job you did there!!

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”