Site and server news.
Current DNS:
GHzGangster
Chameleon
Character: GHzGangster
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Re: Single Player Server

Postby GHzGangster » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:23 pm

We've done some background work a few weeks ago, preparing for some things in the future.
We are still working on trying to get some joining progress, but that has not happened yet.
I've been gone for the past week, so I'll try and start working again soon.
MrGame20
SlothHound
Character: MrGame20
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MrGame20 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 am

Carlos
Character: CARLOS

Postby Carlos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I can not even contain myself for being so happy to visit GUI Metal Gear Online maps and SFX etc ...

Such simple things made ​​me very happy thank the ending of my heart
jsnepo
Character: Status
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jsnepo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Stun server is online according to the home page but I'm getting a UDP error 518:2. Firewall rules have been set, IP is declared as DMZ but still no go.
MrGame20
SlothHound

Postby MrGame20 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 am

MrGame20
SlothHound

Postby MrGame20 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Update: Just bought a new controller and tried to connect, its all still working fine. STUN server included, are you still having your issues?
mgo400
Character: VIVID/ SGFOX
Unit: GRU

Postby mgo400 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm

Hey mr game I don't mean to question the development stage, but exactly how close are we to a multiplayer stage if u don't mind askin. Even if the stats don't save it'd still be great
MrGame20
SlothHound

Postby MrGame20 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:25 pm

The interest in stats was not so we can save stats but it was because the server makes a request for stats information before it even attempts to join a game.

We have gotten past this hurdle and presently I have managed to get some communication going between consoles but they do not yet join the game fully.

Basically where we are at is:

Let A, B be PS2 consoles connected to the server
Let S be the Server

A Tells S that he wants to Create a Game
S tells A Okay go ahead
A Creates game and waits for players to join

B Connects to Server
B Asks S for a list of all games
S tells B all the games
B asks for information about A's game
S tells B the rules of A's game

B asks for A's stats --this is where the stats check was needed
S tells B A's stats

B asks for the Games host information(Ip, port and such)
S tells B the IP and port of the game

B tells A that it would like to join
A tells S that B is trying to join

S ... does something, we are working to figure this out.

Obviously S needs to tell B something but its not a trivial piece of data like 'okay' as it is in some other areas. We need to figure out what data A expects back.
Presumable the rest of the conversation looks something like

S tells A that B is cleared to join
A tells B that it is okay to join
B and A communicate privately about the game without involving the Server.
A periodically updates server about game stats

In other words we are very close to getting into the game, the consoles are successfully communicating with each other. That said once this is figured out it will still be probably a few weeks until we have it implemented in a workable way and we don't know what happens when multiple people try to join so there are missing details but we have made significant progress since we first started working on the server. I don't expect the stats to be functional when we start but we might be able to log some of them. The ranks just won't be seen ingame.
mgo400
Character: VIVID/ SGFOX

Postby mgo400 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:39 am

Thanks for the reply, That is great news. I figured it kinda worked that way and that's what's keeping us from multiplayer currently. Anyways thanks again for the update and keep up with the amazing work, I'm with y'all til the end
SonofBigBoss

Postby SonofBigBoss » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:29 am

Man i have the UDP problem too now i forwarded the ports but it keeps giving me error can someone help me? thanks
SonofBigBoss

Postby SonofBigBoss » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:16 am

MrGame20
SlothHound

Postby MrGame20 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Those of you with UDP problems, make sure your Network configuration is using our DNS server. Having the wrong DNS server/not connecting to the correct stun server is the only way I've been able to recreate the issue.
jsnepo

Postby jsnepo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 am

SonofBigBoss

Postby SonofBigBoss » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:07 am

For those when they have stealth and lags go in gs configuration plugin enable hw hack and put skipdraw to 1
Zoft
Chicken

Postby Zoft » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Return to “News”