Metal Gear Solid 4 : All DLC gone

A place to discuss any Metal Gear games, please avoid or at least warn about spoilers.
Aladore
Character: Status
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Metal Gear Solid 4 : All DLC gone

Postby Aladore » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi there,

I'm not into the whole MGO revival, but I think it's very interesting and might join you later (some day). I've registered here, because I have a problem to which I find no solution, and thought maybe you guys had a solution ? I have already asked on other boards, but no answers so far.

I will expose the problem right away as some of you may not know about that : MGS4 had DLC that were available through an in-game menu called "EXTRAS". These DLC would then be installed with the game's data files onto your PS3.

These free built-in DLC included new camouflages, podcasts and songs. Details can be found .

Problem is, the service is no longer available. So for anyone who hasn't downloaded it before it was shut down, they will never access it again. And for anyone who has them, will have to hold onto their data files forever in order to have the complete 100% game.

Now, I'm starting this thread to ask if anyone knows how this issue could find a solution.

I own a PS3 running on CFW Darknet, so maybe there are solutions for me ?

I am desperately trying to seek a solution as I had to erase all my data recently, so I would be very grateful to anyone helping in this.

Does anyone know if the new digitialized release on the PSN have them from the start ?

@moderators : if this is the wrong place to ask (even though I'm pretty sure it's good here^^), please close the thread and tell me where I should ask this question.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.
Last edited by Aladore on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHzGangster
Chameleon
Character: GHzGangster

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : All DLC gone

Postby GHzGangster » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:32 pm

PSN will probably have them, I think the 2.00 update might have them as well.
We do have the downloadable camos saved, so you can grab em off of us if you want.
They should be downloadable (and moddable) on OFW too, but I haven't messed around with them a lot.
Aladore

Postby Aladore » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:59 pm

I'm using the 25th edition, with v2.0 and they don't have it ^^"

Thanks for replying mate :)

I will search them here then. Didn't find them yet, so if you could provide the link that would be very nice of you. Otherwise I'll keep looking, but kinda tired. Maybe I'll find them easily after a good night sleep XD

EDIT : Also, do you mind if I share the link to them publicly ? Or do you guys rather want to be discret about it ? I could also re-host them somewhere else if you want.
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:34 pm

I don't have the links at the moment, they are on my other computer. If you can't download them though, I doubt they are still going to be up.
I'd like to be able to just host our little DLC server, the files are nothing special so I'll probably let you grab them. I don't know how they are stored on the PS3's hard drive though.
Aladore

Postby Aladore » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 pm

No worries. Maybe it's just best to wait for Sony to upload them on their store.
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:33 am

I think this happened with MGS3 as well but if I'm not mistaken they were included with the Subsistence version?
Aladore

Postby Aladore » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 am

Forgot about that. But yeah, as you said, all downloadable content of MGS3 can be found on the Subsistence version (I can confirm as I own it).
Switcheroo

Postby Switcheroo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:56 am

Aladore

Postby Aladore » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:32 pm

I've used my savedata which had the DLC, but when this savedata was used on another PS3, there were no more DLC. So MGS4 doesn't store DLC into savedata, it's likely that it's in the install data file.

The Scanning Plug is obtainaible through password : SKYNYTKTJP
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:34 am

Whoops, didn't realize you wanted the DLC soon and not just in the future. :P
I'll try and whip something up.
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:57 pm

Okay, sadly I think I missed like half of the files I needed for the camos, I hope I can find them on my hard drive or whip something up. :cry:
That said, I added some DLC functionality to the server. As long as you are using our DNS, it should work, even on OFW.
Unfortunately, I only have one camo available for download right now (Raging Camo), as that is the only file pair that I have (I'm missing the second file for each of the other camos).
Aladore

Postby Aladore » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 pm

IT WORKED !

I just downloaded the Raging Camo : Thank you !

Will you upload the remaining camos/podcasts/music ? :)
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 am

Aladore

Postby Aladore » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:04 am

/!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\ /!\

My roomate's PS3 is on OFW 4.66.

It is the Super Slim Model (3rd model).

It has ALL the DLC (49 files). :idea: :idea: :idea:

How can I give it to you so that you can upload them for download as you did for the Raging camo ???

Also version 2.00 of MGS4 is already installed, and we can't remove it or we will lose the DLC.

EDIT : I don't even know how you're gonna pull this off, but if possible maybe we should also make a .pkg file of all DLC as a backup ?

EDIT 2 : We have two PS3 systems, the one I described belongs to my roomie. Mine is a Slim Model (2nd model) running on CFW Rebug 4.65 (yeah I changed it !) which has none of the DLC (apart the one you uploaded, Rage camo).
Switcheroo

Postby Switcheroo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:53 am

I would think I'd have all the DLC on my main OFW PS3, but I'd need to know what to check for.

--

You could do a data transfer from the OFW PS3 to your CFW PS3, as long as your CFW PS3 is a higher firmware it won't update to the OFW. I did this for one of my PS3's last year to get the MGS4 game data off of it and if I remember correctly all I really had to use was a v9.99 spoofer for my CFW PS3 to make sure it didn't update the firmware.

Ghz knows more about a way that may be easier than a data transfer, but I'm not sure how technologically inclined you have to be to do it.

Return to “Shadow Moses”