Project Foxhound: Inspired By MGO2

Talk about our new, in-development game inspired by MGO2.
byrdman704
Character: Status
Unit: Ocelot Unit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Project Foxhound: MGO2 Remake (In-Dev)

Postby byrdman704 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:16 am

GHzGangster
Chameleon
Character: GHzGangster

Postby GHzGangster » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:29 pm

As of right now, I'll be switching to C++ using SDL 2.0 and OpenGL.
Might take a while for me to really get the ball rolling though.
Smf546
Chicken
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Smf546 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:14 pm

GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Marwan

Postby Marwan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:29 am

I support this project after watching MGO3 aka COD which is a complete shit.

No clan system.
No text chat.
No custom names ??!!
No survival.

Really?!! WTF

Seriously why did they take out all of the good features in MGO2 ?
JayGotTheJuice
Unit: KGB

Postby JayGotTheJuice » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:56 pm

If its anything like MGO 2 im all for trying it
KAZUMA
Unit: GRU

Postby KAZUMA » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:25 pm

After the crushing disappointment that is MGO3, this is the last hope.

I have a suggestion though... Why not make this a new game and sell it? Let's call it NotMGO2 for now... It would be virtually MGO2, but with enough distinctions to avoid copy right infringement. Because I'd love to purchase such game on my PS4 instead of going through CFW hoops or playing on PC.

Maybe try using UE4? It's very simple but also very powerful, and it's free! I think it would be faster to use that engine. Make NotMGO2, and sell it on PSN/XBLA/STEAM. That's my suggestion anyway.
Race Akira

Postby Race Akira » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Not mgo2 lol? Yeah, hope we can get permission from konami. The company is already going down hill and dying. But knowing those fools they might reject us. We were thinking of using ur4, but selling it wouldn't be in mind. If it was up to me i would gladely put it up on free to play. If not then it would be cheap. 5$-10$. I was thinking the name should be MGO R, if allowed. I have my many reasons why.
"You need people like me, without me there is no hope for the greater future"
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:29 am

I was thinking about selling it as well, but mainly to cover costs required to put it on a new platform, like the cost of renting a devkit.
It would definitely be cheap though. At some point, it will have to sort of mold into its own game, especially if we were to put it on a console. I would most likely try to have a "MGO mod pack", separate from the actual game, but it would recreate the same feel and content as MGO2.

Also, anyone who's played on MGO1/2 here would get some sort of benefit. If it was to be sold, then I'd probably give out free codes to those people. At that point, I think we'd be able to accept donations as well.
KAZUMA

Postby KAZUMA » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:54 am

Yeah, don't worry about funds for dev kits, I'm sure MGO fans would gladly donate.

A new IP born out of MGO2 would definitely be great, and most importantly, playable through legit channels. I don't think anyone would still play on PS3 by the time you're done with this project.
Race Akira

Postby Race Akira » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:50 am

Sounds great. Just to let all yous guys know, I spend more money on cigs and like 15$ lunches everyday. Around 2k on a pc .So the subscription free is nothing to me and I don't want or need money, but that just me. So if manage to get my hands on a Dev kit I wouldn't want any money in n return, just support.
KingxOfxWar

Postby KingxOfxWar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi, I'm an old TSNK player of MGO2. Waited to see how MGO3 turned out and it was the 2nd most depressing day of my life. First being when servers closed. Going to try the tutorials and play MGO2 again even if the servers aren't filling. Going to ask a few people like Capri, rooooob and my old Pain Warriors members (that i know didn't lag like mad) about joining up. Hope it stays around.
JayGotTheJuice
Unit: KGB

Postby JayGotTheJuice » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:22 pm

We should ask known game developers for help on project foxhound, a few emails could go a long way
Race Akira

Postby Race Akira » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:20 am

I know I few good ones, very good at that too. They have fan made games done on YouTube using ue4, very impressive and professional. I been in contact with them lately, I'm trying to get them to help in the future. We cool so I bet they'll help out a bit, even if I had to pay em lol. No biggie.
GigaBitez

Postby GigaBitez » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Hey can anyone help me play mgo2 again i want to play so damn bad i miss it! I just found out about savemgo lol

Return to “Project Foxhound Discussion”