Project Foxhound: Inspired By MGO2 (Continued)

Talk about our new, in-development game inspired by MGO2.
KingKellogg

Re: Project Foxhound: Inspired By MGO2 (Continued)

Postby KingKellogg » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:29 pm

If you guys are looking for team expansion or for people to help with assets, I would recommend going to Polycount.com, they have a section Just for this and there are some amazingly talented people there ( I'm there too, but my skill is not my own to judge). I would also stop by Sketchfab.com, there are many animators and modelers there who are trying to get their names out.

I think the most important thing with this is to get a 'ok' looking alpha build up and running, and honestly I think unreal is the best way to do this, it might b daunting at first but there is a ton more people out there using it and who are more willing to pitch in, though Unity is getting footing.

In the future if you need small things made for maps ( models, like barrels, or other such things.), I could likely help out too when I get the time.
(SGR) SEAN
Eagle
Character: (SGR) SEAN
Unit: GRU

Postby (SGR) SEAN » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Yea ive mentioned that to tuti myself before.

From what ive seen and hes told me, the game is pretty playable, so theres that, and with me doing the textures for the maps, it should be a pretty good build, once all the elements are put together.

But well since this is mostly being done in our free time, it may or may not progress at the speed people want.

But hey, i dont speak for everyone involved, but i can say i work on making textures every day, and theres alot of technical stuff i end up doing that makes it take longer simply because im re texturing an mgo2 map and not a designed map that i can have prior knowledge for how to work with it.

And even then, after that i need to figure out how to transfer the textures so that it works in unity exactly as i see it in maya, and since i dont have unity to test it, its going to be a lot of trial and error, but thats kinda part of the fun of it tbh.
Gamers Without Borders on MGO2
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOuterGaming
KingKellogg

Postby KingKellogg » Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 pm

If you need a texturing application, try out Substance painter, it works miracles.

Also, a spiritual recreation of MGO maps would be a better idea than a ripped one, Konami might get all angry and try and sue.
TB_BeToRi
Character: HitomiNatsukawa
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Postby TB_BeToRi » Sat May 07, 2016 9:56 am

This looks totally awesome dudes!
I would deffo play that game, like MGO2 for 4 years!
That's why I also wanna play you're awesome MGO2R port ;)
Alone you fight, together we dominate!
(SGR) SEAN
Eagle
Character: (SGR) SEAN

Postby (SGR) SEAN » Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Gamers Without Borders on MGO2
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOuterGaming
KingKellogg

Postby KingKellogg » Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

GuyOnAChair
Character: GuyOnAChair

Postby GuyOnAChair » Fri May 27, 2016 8:02 pm

I bet people feel stupid for blindly believing that I had nothing to do with the game making any progress. Just look at all that Tuti achieved since I left. The amount of progress has been staggering, no? People were nice to Tuti because they believed his lie about knowing how to make a game. All he knew was how to buy asset packs with the money I used to fund the project. But as long he gave them the MGO remake they dreamed of he was god. In the end it seems people got what they deserved. Nothing. After endless disrespect, impersonations, fanboys, lies and getting my account merged with John Doe I deserve to be uncharacteristically rude for once and to smell the ashes.
Kept you waiting huh?

Return to “Project Foxhound Discussion”