So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Discuss Metal Gear Online 3 (MGSV) news, rumors, and share your experience.
Teru
Unit: GRU
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Postby Teru » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:45 pm

I hope they shut down servers too. Seriously, fck konami.
Remu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Remu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 pm

Remu

Postby Remu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Saveliy23
Character: Status

Postby Saveliy23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:16 am

It's a big shame since mechanics of MGSV had a great potential to run over to MGO.
Please explain me this: many developers are trying to accomodate for the average players (COD players) giving the game bullshitness such as cliché health regeneration, shaky cam, auto aim assist and stuff. But they don't manage to understand that people who are playing COD will fucking play COD, not MGO. it will be still "meh, same formula as my favorite call of duty".
so the developers not only can't astonish newcomers, but they're losing their fans at the same time. Why?
this fucking developer logic kills me.

______

Secondly, i know like half of the players here are hating MGO3 for not being MGO2. That's a bit out of place.
KPLA have managed to delete every single aspect MGO2 had in terms of community and relationships between players which is unforgivable and might be crucial for the game to be so unoriginal.
Many things gameplay-wise could be fixed, such as countering fulton traps (for fucks sake, I shot them hundreds of times, but they still work).
Some of the weapons should be more balanced (a team with at least 2 zzz launcher enforcers is a 100% win)
It just more indeep game. which is...not here.

Ok, it looks I'm spitting my nerdy guts here, so I'll just finish at this point. :shock:
If we make it through this, I'll tell you.
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:33 am

So the MGO3 patch came out today. There's absolutely no point to using the Infiltrator class anymore and you end up going against teams of Enforcers who now have significantly increased health and unlock rocket launchers and grenade launchers now at early levels.

Enforcers:
 Lv.17 : E.LOCATOR --> Sz.-336 SMG
 Lv.23 : AM D114 --> FB MR R-LAUNCHER
 Lv.30 : DECOY --> HAIL MGR-4
 Lv.33 : FULTON CANNON --> AM D114

Does anybody else see how stupid these changes are? Once again, "what were they thinking?" Now everybody's running around blowing people up...
sonomamashine
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Postby sonomamashine » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:06 pm

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Player about an hour, changes are good.
I don't know what ate you talking about, Storm, I played for infiltrator, ended up with 20 kills / 10 deaths in Gray Rampart (i still play without any aim assist)
Enforcers and scouts do have now more health now, that is true.

by the way, the headshot system seems to be really good.
Just have a look at this. it takes 1 shot to any body part and 1 bullet to the head to kill and enemy.
Shooting a head once takes away like 98% of his health, so the second bullet to any body part is 100% death.
Tried it out on face-to-face combat with enforcers today. It works.
Dio_Brando
Tsuchinoko
Character: Dio

Postby Dio_Brando » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:47 pm

That's why many people weren't playing MGO2.
They gave up because it is difficult to play with people who are in the game for the third/fourth year.

It's more like PW, where M16 takes 98% health.
ADM65 is the only one to get a HS with 1 bullet (only in close or mid distance gunfight)
doodal

Postby doodal » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Nah, Japanese players are still own others.
If you just shoot the upper body it takes way more damage.
Just try to play without fucking aim assist.
Half of my kills are done well cuz i shoot head/upper body. even enforcers are useless to headshots.
that's where u can do what you are supposed to - show your mgo skill.
doodal

Postby doodal » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:41 pm

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Yes, the difference now is much more blurred than it was in previous installations of MGS multiplayer.
but the answer is simple - HP regen.
Every time you have a possibility to hide from a gunfire, your health restores back to 100.
in order to balance this, the it should take less bullets into the body to kill someone.
I, personally, don't mind this since the priorities now are now "kill from the cover without being shot at" rather than "i have more HP, here I come".
I did enjoy surviving in like 2% health in MGO/PW, but it also feels a bit odd as well since someone needs to get you with a single bullet in your ass/knee/whatever.

As I mentioned before in face-to-face confrontation getting HS and shooting the upper body is a straight way to victory and surviving at the same time, no matter who is facing you - scout or enforcer, assuming we are playing from the infiltrator's perspective.

in other words, skills in Health bar and health regen. do exist. It's just different approach to the same system.
CrimsonRex
Chicken
Character: CrimsonRex

Postby CrimsonRex » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:44 am

Return to “MGO3 Discussion”