So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Discuss Metal Gear Online 3 (MGSV) news, rumors, and share your experience.
kaka09
Character: Status
Unit: GRU
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Postby kaka09 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Saveliy23
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saveliy23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:01 pm

I do respect your opinion and understand you from all my MGS fan side.

I was mostly disappointed in MGSV as general, to start things up.

My idea is: we fucked up MGO2 because of lag switchers and less people playing it and I don't want this one to go to trash either.
If we make it through this, I'll tell you.
Stone023
Character: STONE

Postby Stone023 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Stfu saveliy you're a scrub and the games ass and I'm good at it
http://www.twitch.tv/Stone023

http://www.hitbox.tv/Stone023

"Too stupid to understand, too hard headed to turn away, too much heart to back down"

"Saluting while capping a base does work!"
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:02 pm

> You haven't noticed your gun automatically directing your aim at enemies when you begin aiming and they're near enough to you? How can you not notice that?

Nope. I've played the game a lot, joking around with my friends there and just practicing different loadouts and techniques, still haven't seen any aim-assist.
It would be good to see a video confirming this.

> To name one example, what's restricting is the fact that as a Sniper you cannot use skills such as CQC, Interrogation, and Fulton, or any of the skills missing from MGO3.

That's where the class system kicks in. One member team uses the advantage of his skills in order to fulfill the role and win the match. I'm confused why I should explain the basics of team based game.
In addition, let's be fair to each other. MGO2 was still a very single based game, despite having SOP. One team is killing the other team.

> the complete frontal protection of the driver for starters.
Mistake. Killed the driver multiple times from face-to-face gunfight.

> What's the skill involved using D-Walkers, or tanks?
I never use D-Walkers but it's fun to have them. It's easy to notice how easy it is to stun a soldier who is sitting on D-walker. What's the skill? Gutling gun has a huge recoil and it heats really fast. Your whining about them can be compared to "i think this guy is playing unfair cuz he's using grenades too good". You don't remember that in MGO2? You throw a grenade and kill a soldier who fell down from it. Same shit goes for PW: grenade + HS on the lying person. Such a fantastic "skill" isn't it?

> Other than Infiltrators being nerfed, no significant changes are being made in the mid-November patch.
E. Locs for scouts only, scout's health, stamina, speed increased, same goes for enforcers. D-walkers will have less hitting power. CQC will not knock people out from one slam. Some of the guns will be class specific. All stun and sleep grenades will be decreased in quantity for every class (i think same goes for E.locs), the hitting area for stun and sleep grandes is going to be reduced.
and you keep saying about unsugnifican changes
Just go to konami's site to see the full list of changes.

> But that certainly doesn't make it a good game. It is extremely easy, skill-less
Let's start off with basic knowledge. What's the skill in your opinion in MGO2? An ability to kill an enemy faster than he can, at the same time killing more enemies and dying as less as you can. Being able to counter his close quarters and revenge in advance. I think we're clear on that.
What of those statements do not function in MGO3? None. The same formula works here. Yes, it is easy to just dash to someone's position and kill him but I'm sure you know that's almost 90% death to you as well.

It all looked to me very skill-less the first days I played it. I killed enemies, at the same time I died a lot. Now it all turned out that i have like 29 kills / 7 deaths per round which just shows what do you have to do to succeed.

> Anything that involves marking, including E. Locs and Interrogation/Scanning, has no true counter-skill for it.
I guess you've never used a box. :roll:

It's most important to find out what gadgets and what tactics ruin the game and do not provide any skill at all.
I have 1 on my mind: people who place fulton traps in the middle of the map and just run to the corner of the map and lie down. That's what bugs me the most. It is pathetic.

One thing you don't manage to get is by stating that "you can just go with e locs and MRS-4" you completely forget about balancing things
Let's say every class has MRS4 and lethal aim+1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing run'n'gun for scout.

Adv:
+Infliltrators have less health,
+they are visible even through their cloak.
+ enforcers are slower
+ e locs mark the enemies
Disadv:
- enforcers have more health
- difficult to see the cloaked player
- scouts are visible
- infiltators are faster.

Such a simple logic. And you still saying "it's easier to go with e locs rather than sniping". it's not.
Switcheroo

Postby Switcheroo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 am

eeegh...I don't even know what to say.
I know A.assist exists in GZ and TPP, but why is that disgusting? It's made for casual players.
I usually play without AA, no reflexes, no marking, no button prompts.
Never even switched it on on TPP so I'm not sure such thing is transferred to online. :?

I can only think of system like in GTA online, where servers where divided with free aim and aim assist.

Check these two vids, There is no aim assist here

http://youtu.be/bAcawZVLakg

http://youtu.be/vSwGdczI7DU

and by the way...Maybe you explain why MGO player like you uses aim assist in MGSV in the first place
sonomamashine
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Postby sonomamashine » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:00 am

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:49 am

So Storm, I just came back home and checked this stuff in options of MGO.
pretty disappointed. I was playing all along with auto aimers, that's some funny stuff.
You can actually switch it on/off during the match.

this is some serious bullshit that needs to be addressed.
since MGO2 AA was very risky to us (body shots), this is not even comparable to MGO3 AA.
Lame. Now I feel even more skillful! yay.
Meepy

Postby Meepy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:52 am

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:22 pm

I actually did, but never thought this bullshit will come through. MGSV auto aim should be the last thing to think of in multiplayer part. (it should be fucking deleted from the options menu for fucks sake!)

Anyway, I never played with this shit on, so I get my "MGO feels" the way I played from the launch day.
It is bullshit, but I still wonder how players like you manage to keep playing with this shit turned on
Meepy

Postby Meepy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:49 pm

I couldn't agree more. Aim-assist that locks on to people or even follows the player as they move in your cross-hairs should not exist in any multiplayer game as it lowers the skill level by an immense amount and turns the game into a twitch shooter or who can get the first shot on a person to determine who will die first.

I never use AA on single player games as it takes away from the fun, but the reason I used AA on MGO3 is because its more efficient and its just handicapping yourself if you don't use it. Think of it as turning aim-assist off in CoD, almost everyone plays with it on. The main complaint I have with AA in MGO3 is the game actually even aim-assists on people who are cloaked which is absolutely retarded and it automatically moves the aiming for you even if a person is running.

It all comes down to what someone is more efficient with, but in the end its still stupid it's even in the game.
Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:55 pm

MGO2 and PW didn't have these AA problems since using this ability doesnt give you tactical advantage whatsoever.
close ranged gunfight - maybe. But from a mid distance this AA is useless.

Yeah, it looks like half...or even 80-85% of people who killed me were using AA. no skill, press L2, press R2.
such fun, so MGO...

I actually told my friend with whom I usually play MGO about aim assist. He said he never knew about it too.
So it's not only me.
Switcheroo

Postby Switcheroo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:22 pm

As Meepy already said, the game's easier with it on and turning it off will only put you at a disadvantage against the players that use it. Of my friends I only know of one player who turns it off on principle, but he sucks. Another two friends used to play with it off but have since changed their minds. And except with certain weapons, headshots aren't a one shot kill anymore anyways.
sonomamashine
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Postby sonomamashine » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:32 pm

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

Return to “MGO3 Discussion”