So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Discuss Metal Gear Online 3 (MGSV) news, rumors, and share your experience.
BlackCat
Chicken
Character: Status
Unit: Ocelot Unit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Postby BlackCat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:59 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid ... shut_down/

Sucks for those guys if its true. Im not surprised though, Konami probably wanted everything Kojima to go away eventually and all the bad feedback the game got along with all the shit the japanese players probably said to them about it made the end come sooner.

Hopefully for the people who enjoy it it stays open another year after PC release and any DLC will be released. Don't expect any big additions like maps or modes, i'd say.

Personally I will continue hoping for mgo2 official rerelease. ;)
I am not on the revival server
sonomamashine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh?

Postby sonomamashine » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 am

about time
A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:52 am

Jayveer

Postby Jayveer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:08 am

It's never a good thing when someone loses their job, but this might make MGO3 better in the long run, if it's given back to the japanese studio that made MGO2 they might be able to save it, wishful thinking though.
SNAAAKE

Postby SNAAAKE » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:54 am

very very wishful thinking lol..

they are not gonna just magically make mgo3...mgo2. or will they :o
doodal

Postby doodal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm with you on that MGO2 re-release. It has a better chance of happening now than ever, but it most likely won't. Unless they completely overhaul the gameplay and mechanics, it doesn't matter who owns the game.
Last edited by doodal on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHzGangster
Chameleon
Character: GHzGangster

Postby GHzGangster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Seems like it's been confirmed.
sonomamashine

Postby sonomamashine » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:56 am

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
Remu
Unit: GRU

Re: So KPLA may have gotten shut down huh? [Confirmed]

Postby Remu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:15 pm

It sucks so many people lost their jobs, but someone apparently from kpla has leaked info that the jp team now has full control over mgo3, which seems to be very likely. If anything it might be good that this happened they might be able to save the game.
GHzGangster
Chameleon
Character: GHzGangster

Postby GHzGangster » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:45 pm

If anyone's still on the edge about believing this, one of the devs tweeted out:
kaka09

Postby kaka09 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 am

Damn, this is a fucking shame they got closed.
Maybe it's not like MGO2, but it's still really cool.

What's wrong with you guys...
Like serisouly. I see people whining about every single thing in this game "snipers are op", "enforcers are op", cloak is op". Just get good

For fuck's sake that's like the first MGO, where team play works.
Yeah, MGO2 had like the same feeling cuz of SOP'n'stuff, but you people just cant look at things separately.

Disappointed.
If we make it through this, I'll tell you.
Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

To be more precise, I just can't understand why people want only MGO2=MGO3.

MGO2 was a great experience, no one is arguing about. The thing is that there was a huge gap between newcomers and pro players. That's why so many people gave up playing it.
Can we blame them? No, because any online multiplayer game should be friendly-user to any person.

MGO3 went to a more accurate way to satisfy everyone.
Gave this game a chance, played it for 200hrs I've realized that almost everything works properly.

Every class system allows you to play good. I've seen enforer guys, who got like 57 kills in 1 round and a scout, which carefully watched his ass for not being fultoned.

Same goes for infiltrators.
People are just #retarted if they think they can just run'n'gun. That worked for couple of days. Now it doesn't since people got a grip of it.
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:41 am

Saveliy23

Postby Saveliy23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 pm

here we go, my friend.

> I've had the AM MRS 4 get two headshot markers on a guy and have him still not die. Aim Assist locks on to the invisible guys, which is but another incentive for players not to use free-aim. I've found myself in situations where I'll have 3 enemies in front of me and just auto-aimed them all to death.

First of all about auto-aim. I have no idea what are you talking about, there is no AA (aim-assist if you wish, like in MGSV single campaign) where you charachter fixes aim at the enemy. There is no such thing in MGO.

about foregrip and lethal aim lv1/lv2: this just provides better grouping of the bullets which is indeed effective.
and...what's wrong with it? yes, everyone might use it, like they did with M4 custom...so? why is that a bad thing anyway? A scout still can use a sniper rifle and Enforcer can just go guns blazing.

I don't understand how my abilities as a scout are restricted if I use a long range sniper rifle along with intel+? I'm marking the enemies aka helping my teammates and sniping the shit out of soldiers. How's that restricting?

> class system is restricting and at the same time MRS-4 is available for all classes.
Now you're just contradicitng yourself.

> ridiculousness of the D-Walkers, the unbelievably unfair Stun grenades,
How D-Walkers are ridiculous? Both teams have it. Are you just saying that using some extra equipment in online game is a bad thing? why so? because it's not like MGO2? Nice argument. Your statement is equivalent of saying "Tanks in Battlefield are imbalanced since this is not fair "tank vs. soldier".

> Counter skills.
Lie again. I was playing for the scout for the first time (i was like level 4 or 5) and I was ambushed several times from the back by the infiltrators.
Imagine that, you just need to toggle the analog stick fast enough to get rid of the soldier. I've counter CQC-ed them after breaking up from a choke hold numerous times

Counter plushies. Oh, seriously? And how did you counter sexy magazines in MGO2? I presume by shooting them, right? Why is that a problem for you in MGO3 to shoot plushies then?

There are some major imbalanced things such as CQC-grab window, stun grenade effective area, sleep greande launchers and immediate CQC stun and ridiculously fast fulton+2 (due to lag it's almost impossible to shoot it properly) and fulton traps, which i think must be only lvl1 and we must be able to counter them. As for me, I always jump, when I hear a sound of a fulton attached to me, but it never works.
And almost everything of this is going to be patched up soon.

And to sum up your incompetence in this argument, Im just gonna say that people can't watch at things separately. If you were able to play MGO2, I have no idea, why was that such a difficult thing for to switch on the brain for one second and ask yourself a question "how can I use his abilities in my advantage" or "how can I use my abilites in my advantage". If you manage to answer these questions for yourself, you'll have no problems of playing the game.

Peace.

Return to “MGO3 Discussion”