MGO 3 vs. MGO 2

Discuss Metal Gear Online 3 (MGSV) news, rumors, and share your experience.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JayGotTheJuice
Unit: KGB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MGO 3 vs. MGO 2

Postby JayGotTheJuice » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Hey guys, i've always known about this site but i just decided to sign up after binge playing MGO 3 and although i like it, it just isn't the same as MGO 2. The fact that you're knocked out in one CQC slam, no text chat, players using stealth camo in all game modes, no survival/tournament and the leveling system + no grade rank just make me miss mgo 2 more and more. What do the rest of you think?
Race Akira
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Re: MGO 3 vs. MGO 2

Postby Race Akira » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:59 pm

I feel the same dude. II already have a topic called fuc* mgo3, feel free to post you opinion there. Mgo3 sucks. Not no where close to comparable. Luckily we have this site huh.
"You need people like me, without me there is no hope for the greater future"
CrimsonRex
Chicken
Character: CrimsonRex

Postby CrimsonRex » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:59 pm

While the game is fun, Peace Walker's MGO could be taken more seriously than this.
LongLiveMGO2R

Postby LongLiveMGO2R » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:52 pm

MGO3 IS TRASH. Period.
YellowDevil

Postby YellowDevil » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:42 pm

NoirDuPlay

Postby NoirDuPlay » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 am

It's unfortunately trash. Makes me miss MGO2 all the same.
MGO3 failed.
YellowDevil

Postby YellowDevil » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:54 am

BigBoss-CD
Character: Status
Unit: KGB

Postby BigBoss-CD » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 am

This game is a joke. I'm going to avoid writing an essay on how bad the game is. To sum up it, it lacks skill. MGO2 was one of the best games I ever played because it required you to be good at the game and any game mode you played, it tried to make it as fair as possible. For example, I am a massive fan of TSNE. I tried that on MGO3s and it's really not the same. The fact being that you can't steal weapons anymore, or the fact that the other team is able to use stealth mode, or the fact that the stealth device isn't exactly stealthy. Most importantly though is the fact that cqc isn't really a skill anymore and the removal of knives kills the game for me.

Overall this game is pathetic. I had a feeling this would happen from the moment Kojima mentioned trying to get the game more popular. As soon as a I heard that word I just thought he was going to COD it up which is exactly what he did. His game used to be about quality and skill. Now it just aims to please everyone who purchases the game. It's pathetic really.

The only other game that has come close to being as fun as MGO2 is games like Dark Souls. So I decided I'll be purchasing a PS3 that will allow me to be able to play MGO2R

Edit: I'm still been playing this game, but I just can't enjoy it. It's not fun, it really isn't. Especially cloak and dagger. They realised in the first game that allowing people to use the stealth device was overpowered so made it so you could only use it in TSNE is you were on the side with non-lethal weapons. Making it so everyone can just it whenever is just stupid.

Return to “MGO3 Discussion”