I'm an Idiot and need help please

Find tutorials, ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Animal
Character: The Animal , NuKiller
Unit: Ocelot Unit

I'm an Idiot and need help please

Postby The Animal » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:41 pm

So, my dumbass thought I could just buy a ps3 from Gamestop, Jailbreak it with a Nor flasher ( and that was successful).. but no, the Bluray Drive is broke, and my dumbass didn't test it out before I jailbroke it.. I read that I can't just change it out either because it is married to the mother board via daughter board ( ty Storm) .. so Im stuck now on trying to install custom firmware ( Ferrox 4.70 NOBD) from the recovery menu ( and xmb). I didn't acquire this through means of torrenting either, I stayed up till 3-4am registering with all these stupid "psx hax scene" websites just to find a valid fucking link...(excuse my lang pls) and mid way installation, it says the data is corrupt...

honestly, Im lost.. I have ftp'd the entire MGS4 game from one console, to my computer, then from my computer, over to this broken console.. I installed game data, as I was able to run MGS4 via Multiman, and I even installed game data for MGO ( I exited the game once I got to the MGO title screen) I proceeded to run the launcher and all I was greeted with was " Please insert MGS4/MGO DISC" ( maybe I'm wrong and it only said MGS4/MGO.. hopefully you get my point )

I attempted to run standalone MGO via Multiman after transferring that over via ftp, and reinstalling the launcher and 1.34 patch as well and that would just crash to xmb. ( Im an idiot here as well, I enabled permissions and followed a guide. )

I've been out of whack and out of the video game realm for far too long to even think I know what I'm doing / attempting anymore. any help is greatly appreciated! ( especially because this console isn't even for me, its for a friend of mine who really deserves to play mgo..)

Thank you!

-Zac

P.S: Directly following the firmware downgrade, I installed Rogero Downgrader, enabled Toggle QA, then made the jump to Rebug 4.70. upon Discovering that the BD is inoperable, I ftp'd over MGS4 ( properly, following common sense and a few guides ) then enabled a few check circles, just incase that is a question you may have upon reading this.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather make someone laugh on MGO, rather than talking smack or starting drama and "b33f". Making people laugh is actually more fun than playing the game itself, but I understand that may be only the opinion of myself.
Let us not take pixels too seriously.
- Yours Truly

Switcheroo
Character: president trump
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I'm an Idiot and need help please

Postby Switcheroo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Meepy
Unit: GRU

Postby Meepy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:09 am

I'm glad you admit you did something stupid, but I still love you and you have been forgiven by thee.
The Animal

Postby The Animal » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather make someone laugh on MGO, rather than talking smack or starting drama and "b33f". Making people laugh is actually more fun than playing the game itself, but I understand that may be only the opinion of myself.
- Yours Truly

The Animal

Postby The Animal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:22 am

Any thoughts?
Currently running Ferrox 4.75 nobd ..

Edit:

Ok.. I see why..
- Yours Truly

The Animal

Postby The Animal » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Aha! Got it ! Thanks Meepy and Storm

Here's what I was doing incorrectly..

I had Direct boot enabled, I read through storm's guide carefully and it said " don't enable this if you want this to be mounted..." that was the key I was missing.. Also, mm was giving me the slip! I didn't understand that there was a folder in the game menu of the xmb that I had to click on once I crashed to the xmb from trying to launch the Mgo standalone from mm.. really really weird.. but the standalone is mounted and the launcher is installing data. This is awesome ( so far, not holding my breathe)

Thank you guys.
- Yours Truly

Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Well as long as the MGO2R Launcher works fine I won't need the direct link to the firmware you're using.

Without Direct Boot enabled, multiman mounts the game in the XMB as a clickable blu-ray disk, or folder icon depending on your theme and firmware. For use with the MGO2R Launcher you don't need to click icon, once you mount the game you can start the MGO2R Launcher and it should start installing the game data immediately. But from the sounds of it you're on the right path now, be sure to post back your results or where you get stuck.

Return to “MGO2 Support”