Launcher Booting to XMB

Find tutorials, ask for help, and find others with the same issue.
EagleScope
Character: EagleScope
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Launcher Booting to XMB

Postby EagleScope » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:24 pm

As soon as I start the launcher it flashes "Metal Gear Online" and then black screen boots me back to XMB. I had Rogero 4.55, switched to Ferrox 4.70 as recommended in one of the threads and I'm still having the same issue.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, tried installing the game data from the JP MGO disc and NA MGO disc before using the launcher, and tried using the launcher without any of the data at all. Always the same thing.

Now before this was happening, I was getting the "Need to install 1.00" then black screen loop, but then this started and now I'm stuck. I've even tried re downloading the files again to see.

Any help is appreciated. I've considered just formatting the PS3 and starting fresh with everything, would that work? or would it somehow make me incapable of CFW?

EDIT: Also just tried HABIB 4.70, it doesn't even show Metal Gear Online anymore, just boots straight to XMB. What the fuck.

!GreyFox1!
Character: ShadowDweller
Unit: KGB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Launcher Booting to XMB

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Ive been having the same issues. Ive been using the BLES00246 Metal Gear Solid 4 version. Now im switching to the jp standalone. What version of the game are you using?
!GreyFox1!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:02 pm

I got the 1.00 lauch screen one time and cant get it anymore. I got that through gamesonic manager what are you using to launch game. Im on 4.70 rebug with no cobra so no webman
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Are you at least an intermediately experienced CFW user Eaglescope? If you have a copy of MGS4 and have no objections I would like you to try a format of your PS3 and then try a complete fresh install of the launcher on a 4.70 CFW. Because I installed the launcher 9 times yesterday on 9 diff firmwares with no real problems. The only reason I can think of it being any different for the people still having trouble is that something is conflicting on their PS3.

My Skype is "tonybarzini," add me or message me if I already have you.
!GreyFox1!

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey I mounted the game with iris. and everytime i start the launcher it goes right back to xmb and on top right says game quit: No request event? anyone else getting this?
!GreyFox1!

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm

What mounting settings are you guys using for irisman bdemu right?
!GreyFox1!

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Can someone try to help here??? I need to get on bad so I can school all you kids, a little help with installation will be greatly sppreciated and I will go easy on you when I get on :D
!GreyFox1!

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

!GreyFox1!

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:22 pm

im having some issue where the mounted game doesnt want to work with the launcher :( I going to go buy a copy of the game disc hopefully that solves it cause im stuck and ive been trying for 3 days this sucks :?
!GreyFox1!

Postby !GreyFox1! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Praise the lord its working. Im about to shit a brick ill be on soon :)
lazybone
Character: Status

Postby lazybone » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:28 am

EagleScope

Postby EagleScope » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 am

Switcheroo

Postby Switcheroo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:35 am

Do you have a disc of MGS4 so you don't have to mess around with copying and mounting the game from the HDD if you format your PS3?
EagleScope

Postby EagleScope » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:51 am

Yeah, I do. I have the standalone version too. I've preferred using that one because I don't have to download the story mode data.

Switcheroo

Postby Switcheroo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:34 am

Return to “MGO2 Support”