Connections

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.
MEGA_PUPPY94
Character: Orange_Pulp
Unit: KGB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Connections

Postby MEGA_PUPPY94 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:00 am

How has this topic not been made yet? Requesting this thread to be pinned for relevant future reference.

Post a set of speedtests and pingtests to your best local host and a set to an overseas continent >4000km.
Obviously these numbers should be taken into consideration with a grain of salt, as live numbers will fluctuate where a snapshot of it doesn't and players can easily drop upload speeds or tamper with their connection in their favor, but the tests will definitely hold some truth to a player's connection.

It's also to my understanding that MGO packets aren't humungous and a bandwidth of 15Mbps (?) is more than enough to play the game without lagging, so having a 100+Mbps bandwidth isn't necessarily going to make your player to host connection better than that of your peers.

is also some pretty relevant info

dan g
Character: gilly
Unit: GRU
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Connections

Postby dan g » Fri May 01, 2015 1:59 am

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Henry Roberts
majid_lal
Character: Majid Lal

Postby majid_lal » Fri May 01, 2015 2:42 am

my internet speed test
DSL

4G

A Legendary Picture From The Past 2010

Isaac
Jaws
Character: Oxycontin/Nosgoth/HustleBot/XanaX/Ever So Vicious
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Postby Isaac » Fri May 01, 2015 6:35 am

Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Fri May 01, 2015 7:36 am

This topic has been made before but I think somebody made two pages of threads in Naomi Convo's and it got lost. But it might be in discussion, if so it's probably locked then. I'll see if I can find it.
Jen Q.
Pigeon
Unit: GRU

Postby Jen Q. » Fri May 01, 2015 7:37 am

In my last hosted game, the game had CNS issues and I was accused of being a bad host. If this connection is considered bad, I have no problems to stop hosting altogether.
Old NA Server Name: J.Q.
LadyLightning014
Kerotan

Postby LadyLightning014 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 am

This is why I have red ping. :( I live in a broadband black spot in the countryside, yet I don't have the money at all to move. FML.
LadyLightning014
Kerotan

Postby LadyLightning014 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:01 am

Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Fri May 01, 2015 8:06 am

LadyLightning014
Kerotan

Postby LadyLightning014 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 am

sonomamashine
Character: Status

Postby sonomamashine » Fri May 01, 2015 8:16 am

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
vincecohen
Pigeon
Character: cohen,

Postby vincecohen » Fri May 01, 2015 10:54 am

I should change my shitty router, it is too unstable (that's why I keep switching from red to full ping).
I can only play wirelessly and that sucks.
{ cohen, | marissa, | }

keptyawaitinhuh

Postby keptyawaitinhuh » Fri May 01, 2015 12:11 pm

All of these results are meaningless because most of you baddies will still play on <256k regardless.
Kirito
Character: Kirito

Postby Kirito » Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 pm

For all you fools saying I lag and shit, here is my internet speed mofos

sonomamashine

Postby sonomamashine » Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 pm

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”