biting in full effect

Discuss Metal Gear Online 2 (MGS4) and our server.

How'd you find out about SaveMGO's MGO2R private servers?

YouTube Channels (Specify)
33%
Friends
25%
MGO related forums (GFAQs, MGOtaku, TGForums, etc.)
17%
MGO Facebook Group
No votes
Other (Specify in comments)
25%

Total votes: 24
MEGA_PUPPY94
Character: Orange_Pulp
Unit: KGB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

biting in full effect

Postby MEGA_PUPPY94 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Since Storm whipped up a poll, I decided to make one of my own. Perhaps a demographic would help us figure out where the majority of players are coming from and possibly expand the scene?
Killerratchet
Jaws
Character: Killerratchet, Ratchina
Unit: GRU
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: biting in full effect

Postby Killerratchet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Youtube Killer Ratchet: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7LtG0 ... dfkhWm3Q9w
SVD > M14 any day ;)
Jen Q.
Pigeon

Postby Jen Q. » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:07 pm

I came over here to check out MGO1 while the MGO2 servers were still up. After MGO2 was shut down, I wasn't around much until I found droogie and wtfareuthinking1's MGO2 2013 videos here, starting with the PSN Bypass.
Old NA Server Name: J.Q.
GHzGangster
Chameleon
Character: GHzGangster
Unit: Ocelot Unit

Postby GHzGangster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 pm

So how did you guys end up finding those videos?
Killerratchet
Jaws
Character: Killerratchet, Ratchina

Postby Killerratchet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Youtube Killer Ratchet: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7LtG0 ... dfkhWm3Q9w
SVD > M14 any day ;)
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:34 pm

I just did a quick Private Browsing session (so I'm not getting any personalized results):

Searched YouTube for "mgo2", clearly you can see Storm's tutorial.
Searched Google, our site is the first result other than videos, which are pretty obvious as well.
Googling "metal gear online" brings up some of those articles.
Searching that on YouTube, not so obvious.

I mean, so if people google mgo-related terms, seems like they're gonna find us pretty quick.
Shigezane
Character: Shigezane

Postby Shigezane » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:25 am

I check some of the popular NA MGO players youtube pages once every couple of months and saw the video Windalgo put up.

This could actually be a very useful topic, kudos.
Switcheroo
Character: president trump

Postby Switcheroo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:52 am

Well I knew of this site years ago, like back when MGO2 was still up. I had looked around a bit a few times and read a few posts about cracking DNAS, packet captures, the early petition/request for source code from Konami, when Wtf came here and started talking about the possibility of bringing back MGO2. At some point in 2013 when I heard you could run around the maps on MGO1 again (before there was multiplayer) that's when I made my MGO1 tutorial and came on once (after much difficulty) and ran around C.C and made a . I not sure when it was that I seen the video of getting past the MGO2 login, but I think I ultimately joined when investigating where all the views for the MGO1 tutorial had come from and I found that MGO1 multiplayer was up and Ghz had (which I thought was pretty cool).

So I found out through youtube (MGO2 login progress video and my MGO1 tutorial video), friends (I think it was -Nickhawk- who told me he could play MGO1 again after 7yrs), and my own curiosity. I'm sure I read early talk here about the same planning to be done for MGO2 as was done for MGO1. I was also kind of bummed since I had read here a long time ago about how useful packet captures would be for bringing back MGO1 so I was going to try to record some of MGO2 (since I thought it would be me bringing MGO2 back someday myself :lol: ), but I didn't know how to use Ethereal and had too much "end times" stuff going on. I think when MGO2 ended around then I came here and had seen Wtf (who I still only knew of as a "damn dirty glitcher!" at the time) had joined the community and wanted to bring back MGO2.
Uchiha Itachi
Character: Uchiha Itachi

Postby Uchiha Itachi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Konami is dead to me :x
Uchiha Itachi
Character: Uchiha Itachi

Postby Uchiha Itachi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:09 pm

for me I usually watch Metal Gear Online 2 videos every week in the night and start crying :cry:
and while I was checking the videos i found out about this site, I guess in march 2014 so I completely didn't believe this site and started to to tell my friends and all of then were thinking it was joke like every time :lol:
and after like a month, one of my MGO2 friends told me that they brought MGO2 back , so i told him that they’re lying to us :lol:
and he told me that he’s actually playing MGO at the time he’s texting me in what’s app, so I told him to take a photo while he was playing and I will believe u and he did so I Jailbreak my PS3 and joined SaveMGO2 community
thanks to u guys 8-)
Konami is dead to me :x
wtfareuthinking1
Character: Khals

Postby wtfareuthinking1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Other:

I signed the petition on SAVEMGO.COM back in like 2010 or 2011.
Then one day I was perusing youtube and I saw a video of MrGames.
From then out I thought to myself, hay if MrGame and crew are working on MGO1 I can work on MGO2.

The rest is history.

This assassin's creed beer sucks dick. $15 for a 4 pack.
Meguido
Snake Eater
Character: -Meguido-

Postby Meguido » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:47 pm

English Tutorials

Spanish Tutorials

KatyCakes
Character: KatyCakes

Postby KatyCakes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 pm

the short version:
It started from a youtube video (Nino's video) i thought it was a troll and i kept saying that till 5 months ago.
Two or three months later my brother told "mgo server is a revived" i was like ROFL they trolled you too, and late at midnight when i was about to shutdown my pc i told myself to search about mgo and i found about saveMGO so i believed it was true also there was pun revival video.
Fin. :geek:
GHzGangster
Chameleon

Postby GHzGangster » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 pm

One of the last few days MGO was up, I decided I was gonna collect some packet captures to maybe aid in a private server or some sort. I was asking around in-game if anyone was planning on doing such a thing, but nobody really seemed to think they could. I then found SaveMGO somehow, figured MrGame was trying some MGO1 stuff, and I decided to leave my packet captures here.
The end.
Jmizzle
Jaws
Character: BRIIGHT

Postby Jmizzle » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:40 am

A true hero

Return to “MGO2 Discussion”